1 (edited by ancup 2011-10-30 15:44:42)

Topic: How to become the billionaire

Today unexpectedly I have learned about the most profitable in game employment. About what would like will share with you. Strangely enough this larceny. After conversation with Game the master it was found out that in difference from others online games here it is not punishable as does perpetuum unique in the market. The way is simple, it is necessary to enter serious corporation and to deserve trust. Month of game it is quite enough to get access to a small amount of game values. If you have more time that advise to wait, when the trust to you doesn't become full and the profit will be much more. After that enough to shift all from corporate storehouses in personal and to count profit. This action is perfect it is not punishable and is the game moment which adds in game for other players of super sensation. I think then only one letter it is possible to change your name and to start over again to creep to another's storehouses.

*edit: You conversations with GMs or DEVs as well as any account and moderation related topics is private information and may not be shared or discussed on the forums. Also, it is not possible to change your name anymore. - DEV Calvin

2 (edited by Shaedys 2011-10-30 15:56:59)

Re: How to become the billionaire

The problem with this is that this has been known for a long time, and people in eve have become paranoid about this possibility.
In consequence the people here have become quite suspicious of any attempt at corp theft. They don't just let anyone have access to storage.
You can also no longer change your identity since the latest patch, and if you steal on any non-trivial scale you will be denounced widely and that account becomes mostly unusable to do anything with.

But nevertheless it was possible to one dexterous person.

All are really insured from that that the person lost more half a year and decided to cease to play won't take away all from storehouses without is punished?

It happened in eve to BOB, it could theoretically happen anywhere and spies are a big concern in the structure of any corporation. But you do ruin your character and the experience of the people you've been playing with.
I know first hand that someone can keep a huge secret from other people, but if you get too paranoid is it still fun to play the game?
If you sit in a VOIP with people for 6 months then they may still back stab you.
Trust, has to be earned.

For such tricks in World of Warcraft block the character, I do not understand why it encourage in perpetuum

You can also scam a person or use a pyramid scheme, its the nature of a sand box game.
Your allowed by the devs to do it, the players however provide social pressure not to do it and it still has negative consequences.
Your just free to do as you like, except of course for hacking and exploiting.

Corp thefts can happen.
The only punishment is to make sure everyone knows they are a thief.

It's a sandbox. Give someone access to a billion NIC and you're GIVING them a billion NIC.

Want to stop it happening? Suggest systems like "Division Wallets" or "Advanced Access Rights".

Then give advice how to construct system of access to corporations if for example in half a year its head can be tired of game and will leave in real life, having taken away all? Who that is insured from that that it will sadden game to tens users?

Capitalism.

Failing that, Communism with a chain of trusted command and a stern warning that you'll hunt them to their graves if they steal from you.

11 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-31 16:26:54)

Zomg congratulations you discovered *corp thieving*. You didnt play sandbox games prior to P did you?

Good corps know how to setup corp assets so that the true valuables are *NEVER* threatened.

Try to figure out how smile

Props to Dev Calvin, imo the player should be banned for trying to exploit a GM, or use his conversations against him.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

That other game even has a trailer for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsp_io7UTq4

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

14 (edited by Line 2011-11-24 07:46:21)

Even current access rights and roles system is enough to protect your stuff and NIC from teh thieves - just use them right.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

How does one stop their CFO from embezzling billions of dollars in the real world?

The answer is the same for both questions.

this is a game with a few hundred players...cant hide from what you do

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth