Topic: How are people expected to get Silver/Golden mech/Hmech kernals now?

In the old system golden mech/heavy mech kernals were obtainable by farming the few spawn points that had these npcs in them. The new system has no such spawns.

I've farmed various high end spawns, on beta and alpha 2's, and mech or Hmech sized industrial npcs do not spawn in any of them.

Some industrial beacons can spawn industrial mechs, these are only obtained through artifacts? I've killed tons of industrial npcs and never seen one drop.

I've had a level 1 star industrial beacon drop from an elite, but that's 1 industrial out of 50+ tier 5 elite mech/Hmech kills. This beacon only spawned light industrial bots also. Chance of getting the mech sized star beacon from a combat bot is too slim to be considered a valid way to do this.

This leaves two whole ways to get industrial mech/Hmech npcs for industrial mech kernals? Rarely from artifacts, and super rare from elite npcs.

Am I missing a better way to obtain these or did they just turn the obtaining of industrial mech kernals into a huge *** lottery.

2 (edited by Purgatory 2011-10-30 18:49:50)

Re: How are people expected to get Silver/Golden mech/Hmech kernals now?

Seriously, the main ways to get mech/Hmech industrial kernals is scan for artifacts all day, or farm combat npcs for days and prey for an industrial beacon drop. How can this be right?

Oh, and the npc caravans on beta that occasionally have a few golden Hmechs are way too sparse to be considered a worthy way to collect industrial kernals.

Maybe distress beacons?

Alexadar wrote:

Maybe distress beacons?

I think I already addressed that.

5 (edited by Norrdec 2011-10-30 21:23:59)

In theory there should be some of them in dynamic spawn waves.
I asked the devs who is responsible for the spawns, because afer farming a lot of beta spots on novastrov (starting from ones that spawn 3rd darkstar assaults/kains up to ones spawning 5th darkstar mesmers) either the spawn are VERY unlikely to spawn or just plain borked. I did not get a response yet.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

6 (edited by Purgatory 2011-10-30 21:47:11)

Norrdec wrote:

I asked the devs who is responsible for the spawns, because afer farming a lot of beta spots on novastrov (starting from ones that spawn 3rd darkstar assaults/kains up to ones spawning 5th darkstar mesmers) either the spawn are VERY unlikely to spawn or just plain borked. I did not get a response yet.

If you mean the static npc spawn locations with the changing types of npcs, then i don't think you can get industrial mech sized up and npcs from these. Infact the only industrial npc i've seen spawn like this is always sequers.

It's kind of silly, because i've found some dynamic spawns that spawn only mech and heavy mech combat bots of T4 and T5, never a light. As soon as an industrial spawns though, it's always a sequer. It would have made more sense for industrial mechs/heavies to spawn instead.

As it stands right now, it is impossible to get mech and up industrial npcs from any npc spawn. Only npc caravans and beacons can spawn them. Caravans are very few, and you could farm beacons all day and only get 1 industrial beacon of the right type that's gonna net you about 10-12 industrial mech kernals.

10 hours of dedicated effort into collecting golden mech kernals yields only a dozen or so kernals if you're lucky.

7 (edited by Norrdec 2011-10-30 22:58:27)

Purgatory wrote:
Norrdec wrote:

If you mean the static npc spawn locations with the changing types of npcs, then i don't think you can get industrial mech sized up and npcs from these. Infact the only industrial npc i've seen spawn like this is always sequers.

It's kind of silly, because i've found some dynamic spawns that spawn only mech and heavy mech combat bots of T4 and T5, never a light. As soon as an industrial spawns though, it's always a sequer. It would have made more sense for industrial mechs/heavies to spawn instead.

As it stands right now, it is impossible to get mech and up industrial npcs from any npc spawn. Only npc caravans and beacons can spawn them. Caravans are very few, and you could farm beacons all day and only get 1 industrial beacon of the right type that's gonna net you about 10-12 industrial mech kernals.

10 hours of dedicated effort into collecting golden mech kernals yields only a dozen or so kernals if you're lucky.

I agree, it is silly and looking how many kernels do you need to actually unlock something, T4 industrial is now not hard to do, but in my opinion nearly impossible to do. 
There were 2 spawns with industrial heavy mechs on dana, now I can farm whatever spot I can and yes, I will get sequers. I forgot to add this fact to my post, but in my talk with the dev I did say it. Yes, I did get industrial robots, but it was never anything bigger than a golden sequer. While I did get a beacon from a wave of sequers, it looks like they count as elite spawns?

Sooo the heavy mech indus are going to be as hard to get as a commander?

Norrdec wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
Norrdec wrote:

I agree, it is silly and looking how many kernels do you need to actually unlock something, T4 industrial is now not hard to do, but in my opinion nearly impossible to do. 
There were 2 spawns with industrial heavy mechs on dana, now I can farm whatever spot I can and yes, I will get sequers. I forgot to add this fact to my post, but in my talk with the dev I did say it. Yes, I did get industrial robots, but it was never anything bigger than a golden sequer. While I did get a beacon from a wave of sequers, it looks like they count as elite spawns?

Sooo the heavy mech indus are going to be as hard to get as a commander?

Industrial mech/hmech npcs need to be added back into normal npc spawns. Should never have been removed.

You got a beacon from sequers in a normal spawn? I've killed so many waves of sequers and never got a beacon from them.

9 (edited by Alexander 2011-10-31 01:54:14)

Purgatory wrote:

Industrial mech/hmech npcs need to be added back into normal npc spawns. Should never have been removed.

You got a beacon from sequers in a normal spawn? I've killed so many waves of sequers and never got a beacon from them.

Random spawns need a rework and kernels need lowering in officer beacons.
Currently you can only get indy very rarely from high end spawns or beacons.
Officers drop what I consider to be far too many kernels and one officer beacon now is worth more than an hour farming (And in come cases I can get three or four in that hour).

Elites and artifacts are the only way to find beacons. hmm

Alexander wrote:

I have looted an indus lvl2 of a silver hauler spawned from a dynamic spawn, so you can also get them that way

Cobalt wrote:
Alexander wrote:

I have looted an indus lvl2 of a silver hauler spawned from a dynamic spawn, so you can also get them that way

You're not the first person i've heard to get one from a silver hauler dynamic spawn... perhaps there's a bug? Golden haulers in dynamic spawns have never dropped a beacon for me.

I had a lvl 3 beacon from goldens and lvl 1 from bronze sequers.

After talking to a Dev, this is what he told me:
There are no mechs and heavy mechs in the dynamic spawns.
You can only get them from industrial beacons.
Those beacons will drop from:
Sequers (from my exp. bronze will drop lvl  1, silver's lvl2, golden lvl 3)
Artifacts (industrial remnants)
Elite mobs (very low chance to drop star beacons)

This is ridiculous. First observer kernels, now industrial kernels. I am disappoint. fuuu

Is the spawns you get off level 3 beacons random? I popped one yesterday filled with just silver/golden lairds and sequers...

I know of a Indy mech/hmech spawn on Beta...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

There are 2 types of the std (and the star beacons), one of them spawns up to lights and the other one mechs and heavy mechs.

The indy beacon we popped last night that spawned nothing but Golden Mechs and H Mechs was quite yummy!

Inappropriate signature.