1 (edited by Purgatory 2011-10-28 16:29:39)

Topic: Any chance we could remove the level limit downgrading for a while?

The old reset system wasn't exactly fair on those of us who have too much invested in our character to be able to reset. I can't trade my research to another character, nor can I trade standings to another character. Anyone in this situation had no choice but to avoid the character reset system.

The new system has changed the game, now people like me, who went full industry, even spending ridiculous amounts of EP on level 10 industry skills such as +1 factory slot are in a bad place. Cross training is now viable, except we've already wasted masses of EP on level 10 skills that could be much better spent elsewhere (thanks to attribute removal).

Are people like me just going to have to accept with being screwed due to how the old the character reset system worked and partly the new one?

A good idea would be to remove the extension downgrade level limit for a 30 day duruation, thus giving people like me the chance to remove those unwanted high level extensions that everyone else got.

Re: Any chance we could remove the level limit downgrading for a while?

Purgatory wrote:

The old reset system wasn't exactly fair on those of us who have too much invested in our character to be able to reset. I can't trade my research to another character, nor can I trade standings to another character. Anyone in this situation had no choice but to avoid the character reset system.

The new system has changed the game, now people like me, who went full industry, even spending ridiculous amounts of EP on level 10 industry skills such as +1 factory slot are in a bad place. Cross training is now viable, except we've already wasted masses of EP on level 10 skills that could be much better spent elsewhere (thanks to attribute removal).

Are people like me just going to have to accept with being screwed due to how the old the character reset system worked and partly the new one?

A good idea would be to remove the extension downgrade level limit for a 30 day duruation, thus giving people like me the chance to remove those unwanted high level extensions that everyone else got.

You knew from the moment you ate your first kernel that a reset wipes your knowledge base...... So a reset has never been an option for you. Your choice when you decided you wanted to be a prototyper.....

You also chose to max your indy skills for a reason. Whether that was to mass produce for a corp, make a huge personal stockpile or try and dominate the market with your wares you still made that choice. Now you want to be able to change everything but your knowledge base...... Nothing but a big QQ because you want to do something with your toon right NOW other then what you created him for. 

The only person that screwed you was YOU. Choices have consequences. Suck it up buttercup.

Inappropriate signature.

3 (edited by Purgatory 2011-10-28 17:53:37)

Scyylla wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

You knew from the moment you ate your first kernel that a reset wipes your knowledge base...... So a reset has never been an option for you. Your choice when you decided you wanted to be a prototyper.....

You also chose to max your indy skills for a reason. Whether that was to mass produce for a corp, make a huge personal stockpile or try and dominate the market with your wares you still made that choice. Now you want to be able to change everything but your knowledge base...... Nothing but a big QQ because you want to do something with your toon right NOW other then what you created him for. 

The only person that screwed you was YOU. Choices have consequences. Suck it up buttercup.

Actually no I didn't know that from the moment I ate my first kernal. The moment I ate my first kernal was quite a few months before the 'unfair on some' reset system was even introduced.

Scyylla wrote:

Suck it up buttercup.

Please, such corny lines are making your embarassment so great that I can feel it from here.

I actually thought suck it up buttercup was pretty funny, +1 to buttercup big_smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

5 (edited by Annihilator 2011-10-28 20:45:41)

Purgatory wrote:

Actually no I didn't know that from the moment I ate my first kernal. The moment I ate my first kernal was quite a few months before the 'unfair on some' reset system was even introduced.

Kernels you ate in open or closed Beta do not count in this argumentation. The Account reset system came online 4 weeks after official launch.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

6 (edited by The Shade 2011-10-28 22:41:35)

i like the new system as it is. It makes sure that the people who super specialized and reaped the benefits cant just now re-do everything. I mean you knew what you were getting when you maxed out these skills in the first place so why should people have sympathy for you and let you change everything?

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

Annihilator wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

Kernels you ate in open or closed Beta do not count in this argumentation. The Account reset system came online 4 weeks after official launch.

So? 2 weeks after release day i was already unlocking lots of T4 research items.

8 (edited by Purgatory 2011-10-28 20:55:56)

The Shade wrote:

i like the new system as it is. It makes sure that the people who super specialized and reaped the benefits cant just now re-do everything. I mean you knew what you were getting when you maxed out this skills in the first place so why should people hace sympathy for you and let you change everything?

What about all other people who trained level 10 skills and were still able to reset their characters? Oh you missed that didn't you. Some of us can't reset our characters because we've got too much research, and possibly too high standings grinded.

9 (edited by Scyylla 2011-10-28 21:08:15)

Purgatory wrote:
The Shade wrote:

i like the new system as it is. It makes sure that the people who super specialized and reaped the benefits cant just now re-do everything. I mean you knew what you were getting when you maxed out this skills in the first place so why should people hace sympathy for you and let you change everything?

What about all other people who trained level 10 skills and were still able to reset their characters? Oh you missed that didn't you. Some of us can't reset our characters because we've got too much research, and possibly too high standings grinded.

Hmmmmmm..... There was never a restriction that said if you have researched kernels you can't reset.. Matter of fact, it was YOUR choice to keep your knowledge base, standings and the extensions you had. Nobody forced you not to reset......

Most corner stores have the cheese that compliments your whine.... Go get some buttercup!

Inappropriate signature.

Purgatory wrote:
The Shade wrote:

You COULD have reset your characters. BUT you want all the benefits you reaped when you were highly industrial with the ability to now completely change your character without losing ANYTHING. This is unfair to everyone who had some for thought and spread there EP out to be able to do more then one thing.

As they say you want the milk but do not want to buy the cow

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

Purgatory wrote:
The Shade wrote:

I agree with removing level limits for a while will make fair for research characters, would have been crazy to reset those accounts anyways. But  why would u want to remove a level 10 extension on industry?

RIP PERPETUUM

These changes are for the people who dabbled in things and found it they were not for them. NOT for the people who went balls to the wall so they could research everything and now that they are good as golden in that sector of the game want to become awesome combat character etc.

Scyylla wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
The Shade wrote:

Go get some buttercup!

Now you're just being sad.

14 (edited by Purgatory 2011-10-29 00:24:29)

The Shade wrote:

These changes are for the people who dabbled in things and found it they were not for them. NOT for the people who went balls to the wall so they could research everything and now that they are good as golden in that sector of the game want to become awesome combat character etc.

So somehow getting those 2 or 3 extra factories (30+ total) and that extra 1% factory efficiency, allowed me to progress to some kind of golden place? No, huge effort on my part did that, the thousands of EP I wasted on getting most of the manufacturing skills to level 10 has made no difference atall.

If you think that level 10 industry skills are the reason why people like me have done so well, then you're friggin ***.

The Shade wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
The Shade wrote:

You COULD have reset your characters. BUT you want all the benefits you reaped when you were highly industrial with the ability to now completely change your character without losing ANYTHING. This is unfair to everyone who had some for thought and spread there EP out to be able to do more then one thing.

I COULD have reset my character, and thrown away a year worth of research progress. Except only a fool would do that, so I had no choice, i've never had the option to reset this character.

resetting charackters on a persistent sandbox game was a complete fail in the first place.
Was bad enough that people could just skill on the flavor of the month, change char names, giving them a new identity, after clearing out hangars/ being bought by other players, etc...

The initial 40 days reset, which we had in the begining, was really good enough for anyone to compensate early mistakes. What we have now is finaly a very good way into the right direction. Just my opinion.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Purgatory wrote:
The Shade wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

I COULD have reset my character, and thrown away a year worth of research progress. Except only a fool would do that, so I had no choice, i've never had the option to reset this character.

Oh, you had the option. You just chose not to use it. Nobody put a gun to your head and made you get level 10 in extensions. You wanted it, you waited months for it and you enjoyed the benefits of it. It is nobody's fault but your own that you regret that decision now.

Oh and Purgatory-- At least use the full quote and quite being a butt hurt little baby throwing an emo temper tantrum because the spoiled brat that can't get his way....

Scyylla wrote:

Hmmmmmm..... There was never a restriction that said if you have researched kernels you can't reset.. Matter of fact, it was YOUR choice to keep your knowledge base, standings and the extensions you had. Nobody forced you not to reset......

Most corner stores have the cheese that compliments your whine.... Go get some buttercup!

Perhaps you should add some diapers to the grocery list and maybe some hemorroid cream to sooth your butt hurt.

Inappropriate signature.

Purgatory wrote:
The Shade wrote:

So somehow getting those 2 or 3 extra factories (30+ total) and that extra 1% factory efficiency, allowed me to progress to some kind of golden place? No, huge effort on my part did that, the thousands of EP I wasted on getting most of the manufacturing skills to level 10 has made no difference atall.

If you think that level 10 industry skills are the reason why people like me have done so well, then you're friggin ***.

lol ok then why the hell did you spend the enormous amount of EP to get these things? you must have done that for a reason......if it wasn't to improve your industrial skills then who is the ***????

I do support this request, but with the grace time only being 1 week. For the record I'm not interested in using it.

20 (edited by Purgatory 2011-10-29 09:54:34)

Scyylla wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
The Shade wrote:

Oh, you had the option. You just chose not to use it. Nobody put a gun to your head and made you get level 10 in extensions. You wanted it, you waited months for it and you enjoyed the benefits of it. It is nobody's fault but your own that you regret that decision now.

Oh and Purgatory-- At least use the full quote and quite being a butt hurt little baby throwing an emo temper tantrum because the spoiled brat that can't get his way....

Scyylla wrote:

Perhaps you should add some diapers to the grocery list and maybe some hemorroid cream to sooth your butt hurt.

It seems that you are the only one suffering any kind of butthurt. Insult after insult, it's all you know, says a lot about you as a person. Have I done something to offend you? You are jealous of my awesomeness perhaps? You seem to be under the impression that i will be losing sleep at night if the devs don't do what I requested. Well, "buttercup" i won't.

The Shade wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
The Shade wrote:

lol ok then why the hell did you spend the enormous amount of EP to get these things? you must have done that for a reason......if it wasn't to improve your industrial skills then who is the ***????

Hmm let's see, probably because i took long periods where I didn't play perpetuum for a few months, and built up a lot of EP during this time, when I came back I thought 'well, what am I going to do with 60k ep on an industry character, well, anything than industry would be a waste of points, I may aswell just burn it on the last few level 10 industry skills' was going under the assumption that even if it's not worth it now, it might be later if they add more advanced industry skills and i'd have been an idiot to waste EP on combat skills when my combat attributes were like 5.

Purgy-boy, stop complaining so much. We love you as you are ... with your useless level 10 extensions. smile

23 (edited by Annihilator 2011-10-29 11:03:37)

Purgatory wrote:

Hmm let's see, probably because i took long periods where I didn't play perpetuum for a few months, and built up a lot of EP during this time, when I came back I thought 'well, what am I going to do with 60k ep on an industry character, well, anything than industry would be a waste of points, I may aswell just burn it on the last few level 10 industry skills' was going under the assumption that even if it's not worth it now, it might be later if they add more advanced industry skills and i'd have been an idiot to waste EP on combat skills when my combat attributes were like 5.

you could have saved them instead... or using them in relation extensions ...

btw, the only way i would like to see this happening, would be if they say for 1 week that you could downgrade a lvl7 + extension for 5 downgrade tokens. That was the idea of Saisha which she didn't post because this topic looked like a whine/troll-topic that would simply be ignored.
(its just one extension on one of four agents i would need that)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

No. Us veterans should be very happy we were allowed the 30-day grace period at all.

We are big_smile