1 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-27 22:10:52)

Topic: [video] Intrusion for moyar outpost: october 26th 2011

Hi everyone,

here's the footage of that epic battle. It's my 2nd video ever, hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nui414Wiugg

Now srsly: the intrusion was boring as ***, the footage was (oh rly) also boring as ***, so the vid basically served as practice for my premiere skills which are level 2. The video is in HD 1080, currently I'm unsure why youtube would not make the HD option available. Maybe it needs to process the thing or something.

Also: slava medvedu!

Thanks and apologies if you watch it. Next video should be better, if novastrov manages to get a decent fight (like the weekend one for Brightstone, which was omg awesome. I'm still banging my head against the wall for not frapsing it.).

And if someone can help me with the problem in the video (read the youtube description or see the clip to the end), I'll buy him a beer in Ljubljana.

Br,
T.

EDIT: the clip is now available in HD on youtube. took a little while.
EDIT2: also the sound tearing went away with the final youtube product. Don't know why I experience it in final rendered file....

Re: [video] Intrusion for moyar outpost: october 26th 2011

man what a lame *** battle.....

On the upside well done with the vid man! smile looks good.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Thanks smile

Sure are a lot of shields there, its a valid stratagy, just an annoying one.

5 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-27 22:22:00)

Tbh I wouldnt say it's the shields' fault.... but the armor repping is way worse in any game where tankbuffer >> tank. And iirc, armor repping was nerfed recently (armor repair tuning nerf). So people tend to use the thing that is >better<. Don't worry. Give enough whining, shields will get nerfed too (even though they recently got buffed tongue) smile

Hey, Im 62nd and I fully support the use of shields yarr

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

shields got buffed and nerfed at the same time. They always have been a valid "Tank" option on certain Robots (esp. Green), but with the change some weeks ago, they are useable on way more builds.

hopefully Armorplates will see similar change in the near future:
unsuccessfull changes:

• Demob resist.
    not fitting lwf and fitting armor plates instead, makes you overall slower. The increased hitpoints do not help surviving as "not getting shot at all"

• Explosion Damage
    why not just namining it "C4 Belt" module

• hitsize increase
    hmm not only making me slower, now armor makes me recieve even more damage from neut, missiles, or noob mechs. Shouldn't armor protect me?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I totally understand how you feel man smile

9 (edited by Karos 2011-10-27 23:07:33)

So in an unlikely balance issue as a result of the discussion here, we think armor need to be better when compared to sheilds?

Because:

1 - the status of a shield is not avalable to the person shooting it, which give the attacker no idea whether way he is attacking has a 0.05 ratio or 0.7.

2 - Energy transfering + shields is a better form of tanking than Remote Rep + Armor. (?)

Meh, we'll see if anything comes from it.

10 (edited by Sundial 2011-10-27 23:17:36)

Karos wrote:

So in an unlikely balance issue as a result of the discussion here, we think armor need to be better when compared to sheilds?

Because:

1 - the status of a shield is not avalable to the person shooting it, which give the attacker no idea whether way he is attacking has a 0.05 ratio or 0.7.

2 - Energy transfering + shields is a better form of tanking than Remote Rep + Armor. (?)

Meh, we'll see if anything comes from it.

Damage should show up on shields in the same was as they do vs resists (you see the actual damage you did to their armor / accululator).

Shielding sacrifices DPS because of having to manage to the 5 second cycle time. Its a defense that hurts offense and adds a decent bit of micromanagement to it.

Also its obviously not practical on high DPS bots because of their high accumulator usage. Unless you run with auto cannons, but then you will have to manage that shield with its 5s cycle time, doing significantly less DPS.

Shield tanking with a few discrepencies is balanced because it sacrifices a large bit of offense when activated.

Thing is Sundial, in large groups (CIR intrusion gangs for example) that small amout of dps loss from the guy keeping his sheild up doesn't mean much, when the fight only involves 1-3 people it is a different story.

Funny stuff guys. You're missing the obvious though. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Funny stuff guys. You're missing the obvious though. lol

Care to enlightment us?

>_>

Another opportunity for large-scale battle refused.

Such things will be a thing of the past with i2.0

Snowman wrote:

Why, is 62nd gonna have an influx of 20 new active players?

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Why, is 62nd gonna have an influx of 20 new active players?

lol!  lol

But srsly.  It seems the only way to get such a battle is to attend an intrusion that you've not signed up for at the most inconvenient time possible.

With i2.0 SAP's will appear randomly, and so there will be little chance to prepare a large-scale battle by anyone.

so.. cmon guys if you want to experience such an event time is rapidly running out.

17 (edited by Kaldenines 2011-10-28 14:42:15)

Oh, I misunderstood, thought you were implying that there would have been a fight if the new system was in place.

Yeah I agree that massive battles may be less common after i2.0.  Maybe there will be more battles where the sides have similar numbers though.

However, I am somewhat pessimistic about the new intrusion system's ability to encourage any more pvp.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

Oh, I misunderstood, thought you were implying that there would have been a fight if the new system was in place.

Yeah I agree that massive battles may be less common after i2.0.  Maybe there will be more battles where the sides have similar numbers though.

However, I am somewhat pessimistic about the new intrusion system's ability to encourage any more pvp.

Hopefully the stability of an outpost is important enough to encourage outpostholders to defend their saps. And if the saps are attackable at random times without much warning this might be interesting indeed.
Imagine a small corp disturbing a bigger alliances saps because they can't field enough defenders to blob them with short notice...

Speculating is fun. smile

There are that many players in the game?

Egil wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Hopefully the stability of an outpost is important enough to encourage outpostholders to defend their saps. And if the saps are attackable at random times without much warning this might be interesting indeed.
Imagine a small corp disturbing a bigger alliances saps because they can't field enough defenders to blob them with short notice...

Speculating is fun. smile

But... but.... I can't defend my saps while playing BF3?

sure you can, just log the arkhe on a passive hack.

It's not like there is anyone roaming the islands that often to do anything tongue

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

sure you can, just log the arkhe on a passive hack.

It's not like there is anyone roaming the islands that often to do anything tongue

Ahh the almighty Arkhe! Where would we be without them fuuu

lame video is lame.

The writing looks bad, blatant nationalistic propaganda, the fading made my eyes hurt. Music wasn't bad, but would have gone much better to a large battle.

When you went to 10x speed and turned the camera several times, it gave me a fleeting bout of vertigo.

Try harder next time.

Lol smokeyii what do you do for others except whining, belittle and despise others work?

25 (edited by Sundial 2011-10-28 18:03:43)

Cobalt wrote:

Lol smokeyii what do you do for others except whining, belittle and despise others work?

He stood by himself for what he believed in, where others can only stand with many around them.