Topic: Fix and improve the targeting computer

Hi guys,

this problem has been with us since launch, and it would totally improve gameplay if you (devs) were to fix it.
A picture says more than a 1000 words, so here's 9900 pictures, compressed into 5 minutes' footage with commentary and some decent music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdvWRk9y_E

Written form of the request would go something like:

- fix the shuffling of targets on the damn TC. Never shuffle targets and order them in the order in which they were targeted. Maybe allow drag moving targets to other TC positions.
- group corpies, alliance members (when we have them smile) and gangies into 1 group and color code them accordingly (green - corp, purple- gang, ...)
- group neutrals, npcs, and hostiles in another group and color code them accordinly (white for neutral, red for hostile etc etc)
- divide the 2 groups with a nice wide horizontal divider
- show enumerated icons of activated modules on targets. Number on the icon should reflect the module's position in modules window. You can enumerate those as well.

The desired solution would be something like this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/tconly.png/

or the big version:
http://imageshack.us/f/528/perpetuum20111024213517.png/

Thank you for reading this and watching that badly edited video. It is my first edited video ever, so the next ones should be slightly better.

T.

2 (edited by Alexander 2011-10-27 00:01:53)

Re: Fix and improve the targeting computer

This issue has been around far too long. Targets should STAY in the order you lock them. An optional extra should be that you can have the list group by "Relation" as well but I wouldn't want that. Tabbing also need to go in the order your list is in (Basically the order you targeted things) so when someone is removed from the middle of the tabbing order the gap is closed instead of ruining the tabbing order.

There is a second issue related to this issue as well, the landmarks window highlight does NOT follow the item you have selected. Every time the list reshuffled if the list gets shorter your selection highlight drops a line. This does not happen if the landmarks list gets longer, only shorter.

Not just for the targeting computer but also for the information window should be the number of modules activacted against a target. I do care if a target has been ECMed but I want to know how many modules are current activated at that person. The same goes for friendly/squad members with remote repair and energy transfer.

I drove a Vagabond once and never again until this gets fixed. smile

+Like.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

4 (edited by Karos 2011-10-27 01:03:17)

I like this too.

+1

On a sidenote and kinda related to this, i love the "freeze on mouseover" function for the landmarks window, now if this target window issue could be fixed it would make managing targets a whole lot less painful.

I requesting an option what will disable sorting of rows in targeting computer.
Or give us option, what will be able to change sorting type and process.

Alexadar you need to read feature request subforums more often big_smile

Triglav wrote:

This problem was told to DEVS by me personally months ago. DEV Mancs told that he never got this problem (shuffling TC). I told him that i (and it seems many of us) still have TC shuffling. So i'm gonna kick Mancs again about this ...

Nice work.  +1 and well presented!

9 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-27 15:48:18)

@Exomorph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdvWRk9y_E
Check comments. Seems you were talking to the incorrect dev.

10 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-27 16:50:54)

The issue has been confirmed by dev Gargaj on the youtube channel to have been identified, reproduced and fixed.
source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdvWRk9y_E

Fix will be in tomorrow's patch.

Good job everyone in this thread and good job Dev Gargaj! smile

*Party*

I AM NOT A GM™

Or maybe it's just a gargaj-troll in disguise...

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

urg :S then I got fukcin best-trolled in my life which made me level up in troll-detection.

Exomorph wrote:
Triglav wrote:

This problem was told to DEVS by me personally months ago. DEV Mancs told that he never got this problem (shuffling TC). I told him that i (and it seems many of us) still have TC shuffling. So i'm gonna kick Mancs again about this ...

I to have had this problem for far longer than i care to remember roll

plz fix!

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Patch notes from today say they did it smile

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

But we'll see once we get in game.

Seems it was fixed. Thread is now almost obsolete (unless devs take my other ideas on how to improve the TC even more).

Perhaps one of my bestest threads:) Thanks gargaj and everybody.

(may be moved to resolved subforums)