26 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-26 18:53:22)

Re: When is the EP penalty patch coming?

EEEPPPEEEEE!!!! gimmies!

woo, i snipe well big_smile

Again, the good news is that the Reset will be gone.

Yes, there will be a subset of players that will complain that because they haven't logged into the game, read the forums, or the blogs for 3 months missed thier chance to reset.

Just for discussions sake, should AC send out emails letting everyone know this is changing?

Granted many players have taken the opportunity to use this mechanic to change and tune high-ep specs, but it was implemented because of the learning curve for new players meant they could really mess up a build.

The new system seems to address the original issue, by removing 'specializtions' at character creation time, and allowing 30 days to move small amounts of ep around.

My view; Resetting is a powerful tool. Most current new players will benefit as much from the new system as they would a reset, so it's really only the inactive veterns (active vets will have already done/will do this reset) that want that one last FOTM rebuild.

This is a reward for being active in the game, inactive players simply missed it by being inactive.

Course, the counter arguement could be, that with some warning players that let thier subs run out may resub just to do 1 last reset, which could result in a 1-time $ boost. But this ploy would be better if the 'last' reset was timed to come out with an expansion, and not stand-alone.

I didn´t get any Newsletter to any of my E-Mails (account names) yet, why not?
Is there a hungarian law that forbids sending newsletters? Does AC not want to bother their players?

You should really get into this, DEVs, send out regular newsletters about patches, features and stuffs, to subbed and out of sub accounts, this keep players aware...

It´s the easiest form of marketing, why don´t you do it?

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

Thats a totally valid question. The request for a specific notice about reset aside, newsletters are great ways to keep the non-forum/webbyless people up to date with changes.

Arga wrote:

Thats a totally valid question. The request for a specific notice about reset aside, newsletters are great ways to keep the non-forum/webbyless people up to date with changes.

Do it.

Sid from mining wrote:

I didn´t get any Newsletter to any of my E-Mails (account names) yet, why not?
Is there a hungarian law that forbids sending newsletters? Does AC not want to bother their players?

You should really get into this, DEVs, send out regular newsletters about patches, features and stuffs, to subbed and out of sub accounts, this keep players aware...

It´s the easiest form of marketing, why don´t you do it?

I support newsletters +1
It will keep unsuped / none active player up to date, and maybe to log back in again for a check.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

32 (edited by Triglav 2011-10-27 00:57:38)

I just got a Perpetuum mail into the inbox folder!!! Does that count as newsletter?
(since obvious troll is obvious,  I am kinda happy that after a long time I received a perpetuum email into my inbox.)

+1 for newsletter - cheapest advertisement for those who already played and stopped playing for some reasons. They will come back, at least some of them, be sure!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I just got a mail too, good job!

I have 3 in my spam folder big_smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

MoBIoS wrote:

I have 3 in my spam folder big_smile

LOL! Unspam it NAO

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

Thanks for the email! And the 1M euro's is on the way to release that fedex package that you need with the code for intrusion 2.0 big_smile

i didnt realise the patch was already done and went to do an account reset only to realise its gone.. now i lost all EPs from previous character sad

+1 for Alexanders Crystal ball ;D