Topic: Outpost ganking

Had my first PvP experience the other day. I play pretty casually, killed a few Arkha's, killed a few one on one in Castel, nothing to brag about I know, killed 2 v 1 - nothign to brag about either. Castel should be able to handel 2 service droids. Then the guys just ate me by none-stop spawning in starter arkhas lol. Good job CN cool. You can kill a dragon eventually if you just keep poking with a stick, right? All you need is determination. Which yuo guys had enough. Or you just like to grief.. hehe.

My question here is:

When corporation has an outpost enemy corporation members can easily get there, dock and do whatever else they want. So they basically can gank you all day at your own outpost. Whats the point for corporation to have an Outpost in beta island? Is that a matter of prestige cause I don't really see any other point. There are no defence mechanisms, there are no access restrictions. In other words outpost is open for everyone either it belongs to any corporation or not.

It was my first PvP experience so I didn't know that Outposts are actually so open for everyone to use them. And since after you blown up you get free arkha with bullets and guns you can gank the heck out of anyone there lol. lol Do they really expect us to have 5-10 people patrolling teleport to outpost 24/7, but what for really? if 4 people decide to grief they can just make that outpost their home on a secondary account which doesn't even need any EPs invested. 4 Arkhas respawning as soon as dead - thats like none-stop DPS. Maybe not too big of DPS but enough to take down Light droid or assault droid - piece a cake.

Suggestion:
What you guys think about an adjustment to allow only the owning corporation members to have access to the beta island outpost? They can still gank and grief you, but they would have to come all the way from the Alpha Terminal if they are blown up and wouldn't be able to none stop respawn and grief. They would actually have to be more organized and plan their blockades on teleporters and we would have a chance to confront them by being able to regroup at OUR outpost. Does that make sense?

Re: Outpost ganking

They are planning that sort of thing Chief, just give them time.  Until then, dont let Arkhes kill you wink

Yup, Arkhe suicide squads are the height of lameness. Hope it gets sorted pronto wink

I've asked the same question to devs - they say they don't plan to change... because there are too few outposts.. lol lol?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -outposts/

I can definitely see this as a problem....

So whats the advantage of owning an outpost atm? Does not read like any?

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

Block arkhas  pvp targeting,  outpost owner should get % from transactions in that outpost, and bonus to manufacture. Problem solved wink

Being new and also having never played a game such as Eve, It's hard for me to predict, however, I have played numerous other MMOs. Most recently being Anarchy Online. In those games, in a similar situation where 2 or more "noobs" are attacking 1 slightly less "noob", the advantage goes to the numbers. But, as time progressed, players became stronger putting a power gap between them and "noobs". That one player, with better gear and more advanced skills, can easily handle a multitude of "noobs".

I guess what I am asking is, in time and as players become individually stronger, will this tactic no longer work as experienced players will be able swat Arkhes like flies?

If so, this is a self limiting problem. I'm OK with it.

I am a troubleshooter.
I go out and find trouble......then I shoot it.

There are already bonuses to manufacturing, tier II and III stations available in those outposts. The only problem I see is endless starter arkhes griefers super potatoes. cool I gotta get a few guys tonight and go let other people feel the grief in their outposts so that they can come to forums and post how bad griefing is lol lol.

franko wrote:

Block arkhas  pvp targeting

I like this.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Put a "cooldown" on when you are allowed to respawn another Arkhe.

I am a troubleshooter.
I go out and find trouble......then I shoot it.

Not allowing enemy flagged corps to set a corp-owned outpost as home would help. Isn't something like that going to be in the next patch?

While I agree that something needs to be done about this issue, the fact that this thread was started by an AXE member makes me chuckle softly to myself, while I slowly shake my head and take another sip of coffee.

Reactor......ONLINE
Sensors......ONLINE
Weapons......ONLINE
All systems nominal.

Ok firstly chief you probably could have docked up before they killed you, did you keep shooting them so you kept resetting your aggro time (l2p issue)

Secondly, why wasnt there anyone else from the biggest corp and the biggest alliance around to come and rescue you, learn to play withe game mechanics!

Plus also Axe smell and i agree Arkhes should have one gun slot and can only fire custard pies

Well, it was all fun, its not like I am complaining. But these game mechanics as you call them or better to say - lack of them - is not something that people have to rely on while PvP. Like I said, the perfect scenario for this, since corp owns the outpost after all - you kill the griefers - you protected your outpost, greifers respawn at their bases - you regroup at your outpost and get ready for another attack.

Once again, imagine a resurrection point in MMO, or ok, example LOTRO - Ettenmoors. You are defeated you go to resurrection point. A lot of times creeps were griefing at spawn points to prevent freeps from leaving the resurrection point, same did the freeps, but imagine how much worse would it be if neither freeps nor creeps had to run back all the way across the Ettenmoors from their outposts but would respawn right there where they just standed. That ganking/griefing would never stop and next day forums would blow up from both freep and creep sides complaining about stupid game mechanics.

Do I really have to explain why respawn at the base that you grief at is wrong? Come on, you have common sense don't you?

I was just having fun, was my first night PvP and I was actually shocked seeing that they just kept respawning right there with new arkhes... I was like - "LOL, Really? What kind of broken game is this?" if this is not fixed some time later it may be one of the deciding factors for my 3 accounts to not renew. There is simply no point to play PO if you are free to piss people off and just grief their balls all night at THEIR OWN OUTPOST.. LOL lol

I gotta try this tonight with a few other people.

dont make you be able to set a base on a beta outpost you dont own, that should cut it. Also makes owning the outpost have some actual benefit besides industry wise

Chief Ubenor wrote:

Well, it was all fun, its not like I am complaining. But these game mechanics as you call them or better to say - lack of them - is not something that people have to rely on while PvP. Like I said, the perfect scenario for this, since corp owns the outpost after all - you kill the griefers - you protected your outpost, greifers respawn at their bases - you regroup at your outpost and get ready for another attack.

Once again, imagine a resurrection point in MMO, or ok, example LOTRO - Ettenmoors. You are defeated you go to resurrection point. A lot of times creeps were griefing at spawn points to prevent freeps from leaving the resurrection point, same did the freeps, but imagine how much worse would it be if neither freeps nor creeps had to run back all the way across the Ettenmoors from their outposts but would respawn right there where they just standed. That ganking/griefing would never stop and next day forums would blow up from both freep and creep sides complaining about stupid game mechanics.

Do I really have to explain why respawn at the base that you grief at is wrong? Come on, you have common sense don't you?

I was just having fun, was my first night PvP and I was actually shocked seeing that they just kept respawning right there with new arkhes... I was like - "LOL, Really? What kind of broken game is this?" if this is not fixed some time later it may be one of the deciding factors for my 3 accounts to not renew. There is simply no point to play PO if you are free to piss people off and just grief their balls all night at THEIR OWN OUTPOST.. LOL lol

I gotta try this tonight with a few other people.

Yea dosnt sound like ur complaining or anything..... Hey, wait a minute!

Neoxx wrote:
franko wrote:

I like this.

yes no more arkhe blobs

light bot or higher only sounds good

Try to relax, the developers are still getting a feel for the issues and they need time to make the proper corrections.

19 (edited by Bullis 2010-12-07 07:22:27)

lol M2S and axe whining about getting killed. L2p or gtfo

I'm sure something will be done about it as it's very lame indeed. The risk vs reward is just way out of wack.

Disabling PVP targetting of arkhe's, a timer between getting a new one, a major debuff of some kind for being in an arkhe on beta, anyone one of those would be good imo.

21 (edited by Doc Iridium 2010-12-07 12:00:49)

Ekim wrote:
Neoxx wrote:
franko wrote:

I like this.

yes no more arkhe blobs

light bot or higher only sounds good

It doesn't keep people from using askes for transporting nice expensive things either...

I really like the idea of keeping enemies from setting your out post as their home.  People could stockpile an out post with some extra bots a head of time when no one is looking and just death zerg the hell outta someone during an intrusion or something like that. 

And robots that are free should not be allowed in PVP, the risk vs reward factor there is all kinds of screwed.  I risk nothing, but can kill your 10mil bot and loot it! not good.

LOL's so your saying axe cant even fend of arkhes? where is your blob? N-A has had Arkhes in Moyar since week 1 and we deal with it.

arkhes arent the issue, what happend when everyone is in heavy miners and lights and assaults are without cost to produce?

its the ability to set someones outpost home station that is the unbalance here, what if i dont target you, what if i just sit and watch, relay info to someone, what if i cant target you and you can target me, that will put every curious noob off this game

also confirming axe suck, arkhes ,really comon guys i know 97% of your alliance is arkhes but you got numbers on your side, if arkhes couldnt pvp that would put you guys outta the game.

well U need sooo many arkhes to kill for exmple plated assault so U need much smaller gang to defend.
on the other hand i would like the idea that if ur not in the corp owning outpost (only on beta) U can't set it as ur home station and ur done smile