1 (edited by Norrdec 2011-10-07 19:11:23)

Topic: ECCM changes.

While I do like the change (even tho I am a Vaga pilot myself) i think it needs a bit more balance or at least making it a unique mod.
With my currect skills I can ECM a heavy with a 77% chance. With a single T4 ECCM that goes down to 44% - not a lovely number but managable. But get that heavy 2 ECCMs- that drops to 28%.

That makes a 6 month old vaga pilot go back to square one (or even below it- without any skills the t4 ECM has 35hw power, which would jam the heavy at 41% chance).

In short- I would advice to make it a single equip module or rethink the numbers.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Re: ECCM changes.

Personally I think it should be balanced by increasing fitting requirements if anything.

No offence, but 44% is still quite a high chance on ECM, and you'll still have close to 100% sensor suppressor. Should people not be able to protect against EWAR more if they want to? The pilot equipping two ECCMs might be strong against an EWAR pilot, but he has given up 2 valuable headslots.

If 44% is high, there should be no prob to limit it to one. ECM is a dedicated game.

If 44% is high, then there is a problem not allowing players to protect themselves more. Clarify what you meant?

Making the item unique is just the wrong approach, just make it more costly fitting-wise as I said.

2 head slots is alot to give up for a dps bot which may not even be targeted with ECM in a fight.

Flipping it around, as a Vag pilot you have to lock players first in order to ECM them. Will you fit 2 ECCM's to counter the chance that you could be the target of an ECM?

dual ECCM is going to be very rare

6 (edited by Annihilator 2011-10-07 20:11:28)

even one ECCM will be rare

your either sacrificing range, dps, repair, shield or detection/masking. Your still vulnerable to:
- Demob
- Neut
- Drain
- Missiles
- Interference

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Arga wrote:

2 head slots is alot to give up for a dps bot which may not even be targeted with ECM in a fight

Heavy mech not targeted with ECM in a fight... Umm, yeah...  lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:
Arga wrote:

2 head slots is alot to give up for a dps bot which may not even be targeted with ECM in a fight

Heavy mech not targeted with ECM in a fight... Umm, yeah...  lol

Prior to this, it was my understanding that ECCM was basically useless and it wasn't fit, so now that it can be useful, what are you going to give up? I can see maybe swapping out 1 module, but 2? That's a huge decrease in either range or dps, and it doesn't make you immune to ECM.

... then again maybe it will be the new shiznit. Either way it adds a lot more 'what the hell are they fitting' into the pre-deploy discussion

Before it was useless, now it can be OP smile Luckily it's not the omgwtf  'buff' like stealth was, still this needs a bit of balancing. I am not sure how changing fitting specs are going to help this.

Who wants a nearly non-interruptible long range demob zeniths?

Sacrifice 2 heads slot for 2 ECCM is a hard choise, you sacrifice range, dammage, lock time/range and even at 28%, if you have been sensor supressor, you have good change to be ECM again during your lock time.

btw I think this item shoud have a dedicated skill to improve it (like increanse ECCM boot signal by 3%)
with a such skill at 10, T1 ECCM will give +65, and T4 give +97.5. With such number, dual ECCM will be abused and need to be unique item

Even with the changes the only bots that will use ECCM's are going to be Tanks and Follow Bots.

Why?

Tanks because they run in guns blazing and no one wants there guns blazing freely.

Follow bots because any intelligent person doesn't Jam the bot that has the 3 second lock time they jam the bot giving it a 3 second lock time.

Then again with the Average follow bot set up range for Firing being beyond 700m it would take quite the RE heavy Vaga to get out to that range not to mention i for one know my seth will melt a Vaga before it could reach range to ECM using 3 RE's.

Personally i prefer suppression to ECM anyways. Who cares if he is locking if its 200-400m shorter than i am locking/firing back at.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

rightyho..
the crux of this thread isn't about making EECM's unique.. ie 1 per bot but more to do with the 'flavour of the month bots' the light ewars.
Assault bots are supposed to the general bot for combat.. it has many fits and uses... however recently light ewars have massively taken over this role... while they do light damage, when operating in packs they shutdown and eat mechs/heavy mechs for fun.. gimping pvp. The Devs seem to come round with a possible solution to this balance problem by boosting eccm.. thats a good change.
They could has easily removed weapon slots from light ewars...
or even increased the natural resistance of mechs to light ewars ( i like this route as it would mean more ewar mechs being fielded).

So in all.. accept the change and adapt

13 (edited by Annihilator 2011-10-09 11:17:56)

@Unionjack:

recently? its been that way since the beginning. light ewars always have been the blob choice against everything. DPS doesnt matter if your target can neither move nor shoot.

Change of the ECCM modules was predictable, since we had them boosted some month ago, a bit to much, then reverted back to its former pitty state, and now they are really worth equipping.

*2nd edit:
There are much more modules out there which could be changed this way from relative to absolute:
CPU, Reactor, Masking, eventually even recharger

*3rd edit:
note to the end:
actually i would prefer having BOTH stats spread among the tiers (t1 %, t4 absolute)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Unionjack wrote:

rightyho..
the crux of this thread isn't about making EECM's unique.. ie 1 per bot but more to do with the 'flavour of the month bots' the light ewars.
Assault bots are supposed to the general bot for combat.. it has many fits and uses... however recently light ewars have massively taken over this role... while they do light damage, when operating in packs they shutdown and eat mechs/heavy mechs for fun.. gimping pvp. The Devs seem to come round with a possible solution to this balance problem by boosting eccm.. thats a good change.
They could has easily removed weapon slots from light ewars...
or even increased the natural resistance of mechs to light ewars ( i like this route as it would mean more ewar mechs being fielded).

So in all.. accept the change and adapt

I'd still rather pvp in my intakt or *** over any other bot except stealth assaults. Having big bots with lots of guns is cool and all, but if i have to drive 8000000 kilometers to find a lone termis or sequer or whatever other fight there is to be had, I'd much rather do it in something that goes 100+ then something that goes 60.

Lots of fine memories of fighting off droves of invading hordes of light ewars on norhoop.