Topic: When is the EP penalty patch coming?

A while ago it was said that the account reset system was being removed, and all EP penalty would be refunded. When is this supposed to happen?

Re: When is the EP penalty patch coming?

It will come, yeah.

Jasdemi wrote:

It will come, yeah.

Go slash your own wrists.

Just conjecture, but probably around the I 2.0 patch, which zoom said was unoffically going to happen in/around November (but my bet is into Dec).

They did say they would give us plenty of warning before the Reset/Spark/Attribute change, which is all tied together. which is why its most likely coming with the 'big' patch/expansion and not by itself sooner. Although, they may release it sooner to 'clean up' the character creation before I 2.0, but its less likely.

Am I the only one in general chat that saw Dev Gargaj mention october 28th as the date of the spark/skill-patch? hmm

It is planned for next week, yes.

Awesome, sometimes being wrong is worth it (but I think the I 2.0 timing is still valid)

smile

Here's hoping todays patch goes off cleanly so there's no cascade of delay.

DEV Zoom wrote:

It is planned for next week, yes.

Awesome.

Devs you are doing a great job at putting new content/fixes/improvements out at lately smile

I truly hope one day this game will outgrow the current server.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I dunno why, but i smell new beginning.....

11 (edited by Purgatory 2011-10-21 10:10:27)

Will we have to delete any characters to take advantage of getting the EP penalty refunded, or is it simply going to be refunded automatically to everyone when the account reset change patch hits? Just want to make sure i don't screw this up.

Will it matter if I already have a trained character on the account? Will I still receive back the EP that is lost in the EP penalty pool?

You don't have to do anything, the EP in your penalty pool will be simply added back to your available EP automatically. It doesn't matter how many characters you have, the penalty pool is account-based, just like available EP.

You can check how many EPs you have in the penalty pool if you click the account reset info button on the login screen.

Cool, thanks.

Was just wondering if its possible to wipe clean a 1 character of EP in 30days? If not it might be easier to just reset. Thing is EP is shared between pvp alt and market alt on same account want to put it all on 1 character.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Was just wondering if its possible to wipe clean a 1 character of EP in 30days? If not it might be easier to just reset. Thing is EP is shared between pvp alt and market alt on same account want to put it all on 1 character.

Since this feature is not intended to "wipe clean" a character (not possible due to the limitations), I'd say a reset is what you want.

still planned for this week ?

Yes.

For Friday actually, we'll announce it soon.

DEV Zoom wrote:

For Friday actually, we'll announce it soon.

I volunteer Ville to have your man babies!!!

Thx for the update.

Zoom, could you please include in the announcement that if people want to recover EP past.. Say.. any extension above level 5 then a full FINAL reset should be done BEFORE the patch.

There is a lot of confusion when this FINAL reset will be possible before the system is removed completely and some people have character your new extension lowering system will leave out.

Also, please think about the new reset system with the following scenario. A new player joins the game, increase a single extension to level 10 and then realises their mistake (Happens A LOT). Not only should ALL levels of an extension be allowed to be lowered but the 30 day time limit should not start until the first time an extension is lowered. Meaning that if a new player joined the game and realises their mistake after 2 weeks they'd only have 2 weeks to correct it rather than 30 which would be fair.

Just food for though. wink

The warning was already included in the previous devblog, the final chance to do a reset is now, up until the patch. I'll clarify it again in the new one of course.

The limit for downgrading has been set between level 6/7. So if you have something on level 6, you'll be able to downgrade it, but not level 7 and up.

Also, there will be a confirmation popup when you want to upgrade an extension beyond the freeze limit, until you tell it not to annoy you anymore. However the 30-day period for downgrading will be fixed to the time when you create your first character. The expiry date is shown on the extension window.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The warning was already included in the previous devblog, the final chance to do a reset is now, up until the patch. I'll clarify it again in the new one of course.

quote for highlighting what should be mailed to any account owner tonight, and written into general chat as message of the day

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

quote for highlighting what should be mailed to any account owner tonight, and written into general chat as message of the day

+1
I keep saying that you need better communication. For god sake half the terminals still have the wrong message in the terminal chat channel! Others haven't been updated to anything useful in a LONG time.

I read the dev blogs and even I didn't know there was not another chance after this.

Be ready for rage. Include that resetting now is the LAST chance and will return FULL EP after the patch Friday.

fuuu

I didn't quite get the part about the terminal chat channels, but the rest is being arranged.

25 (edited by Alexander 2011-10-26 18:46:30)

"Kill the Zerg"
And other such text can still be found in the terminal channels for some terminals Alpha 2+

And thank you. I'm not raging, I am panic-stricken at how much range will be unleashed come patch day.

Everyone is getting a load of EP back but still.. People will find SOMETHING to rage about. smile