1 (edited by Syrissa 2011-10-18 09:06:26)

Topic: Client Crash on Help Window

I had this quite a few times by now.

but sometimes when i open the ingame help window (most of the time by a missclick) it happens that the client crashes. the help window still says that it is loading the text, but nothing happens over minutes. all that works then is open my task manager and kill the client.

it not happens always, and im not even sure if it happens when its about a specific help page.

Re: Client Crash on Help Window

So, does it actually crash (crash window appears), or just hangs (not responding)?

3 (edited by Syrissa 2011-10-18 11:07:33)

its not responding. no crash message.

im trying to reproduce this later this evening. maybe i can figure out if its a specific page.

ok this is what i got:
i started my two clients and tryed the small questionmark button at every window i had avalible. everything seamed in order and every help was shown without a hangup. then after a few hours i tryed the same. the first hit (it was the squad window) caused a hangup as it happend before.

so the only thing that helped as before was closing the client per taskmanager. after that i tryed the help windows again and all was fine again. had no time to test it again after a few hours.

Does it happen with a single client too?

It happens on my client that running at max resolution with all the effects enabled, but not on my graphically minimal clients.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I'll see what I can do with tomorrow's patch. It won't fix it, but I'll instrument the build up and work with Sundial (or whoever is on IRC) to debug it.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

8 (edited by Scyylla 2011-10-20 20:47:42)

DEV Gargaj wrote:

I'll see what I can do with tomorrow's patch. It won't fix it, but I'll instrument the build up and work with Sundial (or whoever is on IRC) to debug it.

NM

Inappropriate signature.