Topic: Patch 2011-10-07 PVE combat associated changes

• Change: Increased the locking range of combat mechs.

• Change: Increased the base armor HP of combat mechs by ~20% and combat heavy mechs by ~25%.

• Change: Increased the armor HP bonus provided by armor plates by ~50%.

• Change: Armor plates now increase the surface hit size of robots.

Why increase the locking range?

2 (edited by Sundial 2011-10-07 21:19:51)

Re: Patch 2011-10-07 PVE combat associated changes

Are mechs intented to only shoot as far as assults, because thats what their locking range used to be closest to.

IMO this gives more options for fitting, freeing up one head slot potentially or 1 RSA depending on fit.

A Tyranos can shoot 300M, but its base locking range was 230. About the same for the other colors.

That makes 0 sense.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

1 reason I can think of:

Long Range Med Lasers..... An Artemis cannot target at the range that is the optimal of long range med lasers without fitting a sensor amp. Prior to today my artemis pilot had to fit multiple sensor amps to get the range needed to use long range med lasers within falloff.

Not sure if this holds true with other race bots but now I can actually use long range weps without sacrificing a head slot.

Inappropriate signature.

The same for kains, One sensor amp made me only use the optimal range.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Arga wrote:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ing-range/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

6 (edited by Arga 2011-10-07 22:03:22)

Scyylla wrote:

1 reason I can think of:

Long Range Med Lasers..... An Artemis cannot target at the range that is the optimal of long range med lasers without fitting a sensor amp. Prior to today my artemis pilot had to fit multiple sensor amps to get the range needed to use long range med lasers within falloff.

Not sure if this holds true with other race bots but now I can actually use long range weps without sacrificing a head slot.

This was my experience too with HCL's. I was curious if this was PVP change since SA's are basically standard for PVE fits (for locking time mostly).

So this would be a DPS buff for mechs, take note Mechs need some love people smile
Also the plate adding hit size is another med weapon buff.

Any indication on how much 'increased' is?

Edit: Wait! Anni, they increased locking range but didn't give me a roomba sad

7 (edited by Sundial 2011-10-07 22:25:21)

Arga wrote:
Scyylla wrote:

1 reason I can think of:

This was my experience too with HCL's. I was curious if this was PVP change since SA's are basically standard for PVE fits (for locking time mostly).

So this would be a DPS buff for mechs, take note Mechs need some love people smile
Also the plate adding hit size is another med weapon buff.

Any indication on how much 'increased' is?

Edit: Wait! Anni, they increased locking range but didn't give me a roomba sad

Tyranos 230 -> 290

"conclusion: balansed" smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Now all we need are more firing lanes where 800m optimized range can actually hit something other then dirt!

T4 Medium plate = +1m hitsize

waiting for the first suicide heavy mech with 16m hitsize... thats a 300m AoE circle of death!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

waiting for the first suicide heavy mech with 16m hitsize... thats a 300m AoE circle of death!

Great idea, but you would need to constant demob all enemies fireing on this Heavy, as it would be nearly standing when running full speed smile.

You just could avoid that a Heavy is killed by a bunch of shortrange small bots without good chance to take at least one of them with you wink

Annihilator wrote:

!!! did not think about this kind of usage :-)

Arga wrote:
  • Change: Increased the locking range of combat mechs.

• Change: Increased the base armor HP of combat mechs by ~20% and combat heavy mechs by ~25%.

• Change: Increased the armor HP bonus provided by armor plates by ~50%.

• Change: Armor plates now increase the surface hit size of robots.

/me likes

13 (edited by Beasty 2011-10-19 22:59:55)

Annihilator wrote:

what other lolz fits are people going to come up with?

I want fraps of someone wasting 20M+ NIC piloting a HeavyMech for a jihad explosion....

just because it "possible" doesn't mean its "smart".

In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone.
~Bill Gates~

well, its smarter to fit anything smaller then a heavy mech with as many armor plates as possible.

+1m hitsize means your recieving more damage from size dependant types (like AoE damage) and you are more likely to be hit by high-damage medium weapons.

it has its + and - aspects.

also... a riveler costs only 7M on the market... has a base hitsize of 11m, and a LvL1 med armor plate costs less then 100k (*5 = 500k)

7.5m investment for some jihad action...