Re: Big bada boom!

Hunter wrote:
Line wrote:
Hunter wrote:

That is, you've come to talk about balance, not having any data? Well, I see how you escape on gropho from the plated Kains.

1. WTF Gropho fights ALONE vs a COUPLE of plated Kains?
2. WTF plated Kains simply don't shoot that Gropho?
3. WTF are you use Mechs that actually expensive enough for suicide kami attacks?

With 1, 2 and 3 - which else data should I have to realise that there is nothing to balance except l2p?

You do not understand the conversation. We are talking about squad. 3 Kains could kill 2-3 Gropho with ease.

There will be not too much difference in speed between those Grophos and plated Kains so Grophos will be able to run and shoot those Kains 1 by 1, even having a chance to kill them all while they're close to each other.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Solution is simple: Reduce the Alligor component in Heavy Mechs by 1/2

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

sundial go check out the plates thread that nova made, it's another lol balance issue. Man you guys do good with bs about heavy mechs. Stop asking for erp plates back, they ain't gonna come!

lol, this started with a good, serious discussion...

now its down to flaming from guys who dont understand the matter at all...

Hunter:
the damage numbers that the Chaos Seth has recived just dont look right to me. Do you know ~estimated distance and equip of the exploding mechs?

and it seem you missunderstood me - the exploding mech does not move anymore, so 40kph should be enough to bring distance between an exploding robot and yourself to not get the full damage, if the death-animation is 15s long:
40kph ~11m/s:   15s * 11m/s = 165 m.
In that time you should be out of the explosion range of anything then a heavy mech with 5 armorplates (20m+10*15)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

30 (edited by Hugh Ruka 2011-10-17 18:34:52)

Annihilator wrote:
Hugh Ruka wrote:

it should be tied to the amount of accumulator the bot has at the time of death :-)

it is...

actually, the explosion damage is only 40% of the max hitpoint * accumulator recharge modifier at moment of death

means - neut the targets down to zero before you kill them, and they explode with 40% spectral damage
let them explode with 50% accumulator, and they explode with 80% of their max hipoints spectral damage

@Line: no, Heavy mechs do not deal much more damage to smaller targets when they fit armor plates.

light bot with medium armor plate = 4m explosion vs. 8m or 10m = 100% damage
heavy mech with medium armor plates = 11-16m explosion vs. 4m hitsize = 25%-36% damage

so, assaults without lwf are able to survive AoE explosion of a plated Seth, but a non-LWF fitted seth can die easily from one or two exploding sequer.

seems best tactic against jihad-tactics, is same as against erp tanks: supress, neut, kill.

last but no least:
i agree that the Robot AoE is not implemented very balanced - IMHO, robot should not explode instantly. More like in Mechwarrior, where they slowly overload and then explode, with time to escape wink

basing it on HP does not make sense, since your HP is effectively 0 when you explode. does not matter how much armor you HAD when it was shot full of holes and basically does not exist anymore when you explode.

the amount of accum remaining should trigger the explosion. the more accu you have at time of death, the more likely to trigger a critical explosion (something big) which in turn destroys the bot completely (no loot dropped what so ever from the exploding bot).

edit: typing like a *** ...

Annihilator wrote:

the exploding mech does not move anymore, so 40kph should be enough to bring distance between an exploding robot and yourself to not get the full damage, if the death-animation is 15s long:
40kph ~11m/s:   15s * 11m/s = 165 m.
In that time you should be out of the explosion range of anything then a heavy mech with 5 armorplates (20m+10*15)

Sounds very good.

Death animation should also be awesome, like in mechwarrior big_smile

Explosion damage mechanic is good as it is, nerfing it would be a step backwards.

The NIC cost of robots is irrelevant to how well they perform. Performance is based on how well you as a player can effectively (knowing what to do and when) pilot the robot.
Explosion is balanced, yes is does a lot of damage it should.
IMO if you are worried that your target will kill you from its explosion . . . guess what don’t get so close its simple . . L2P and use tactics and ummm maybe some strategy. 

HMechs are not and should not be an “I win button”

In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone.
~Bill Gates~

Mark Zima wrote:

Explosion damage mechanic is good as it is, nerfing it would be a step backwards.

Because you can't kill enemy with weapons? nooooob big_smile

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...

We are having trouble using our weapons against an enemy that is logged off all the time yikes

I tried to follow your argument but it was not clearly presented.  You may have a point but please explain it a bit more clearly in terms of numbers rather than politics.  Please clarify:

How much damage do you think an exploding mech should do?
How would it depend on range?
How would it depend on the bot being hit?
How many exploding mechs do you think it should take to kill a heavy mech?

+1
-Confucius

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/51507/#p51507
Author bored and tired.

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...