Topic: I won at Perpetuum.

After spending the last year playing the market, I have decided that since my subs run out in November-ish, I have won at Perpetuum.

What does winning at Perpetuum mean?

It means giving everyone online 1 million NIC, and a very special mention to the winner of the Essay Competition, Doctor Zoidberg.

[23:30:08] <Doctor Zoidberg> I am but a humble squid trying to make it in this world

Seriously, thank you for a fantastic game, devs, and other players. I've had a wonderful nearly-year playing this game, and though I'm done (because I won the game), I will always retain very fond memories.

And I still have more than enough stuff to come back and play the market again in the future, if the fancy takes me. >:3

(Final total of NIC made by one independent player over the course of a year, with no grinding/mining, purely playing the markets with a construction alt, 800 000 000 and a whole bunch of other random stuff. I think that counts as a high score for a player who never really got involved in corp stuff!)

Re: I won at Perpetuum.

I don't even have to ask for your stuff smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Good Luck in your future ventures, thanks again for the NIC:D

800,000,000 is but a gentle breeze.
It's a score but not a high score. ;3

Best of luck to you.

Let me thank you again for your generosity.

The 4 million I received over the evening really gives a great boost to my career in Perpetuum and to express my gratitude my bot now has the surname "sponsored by Samada".

Thanks again for the NIC gift. It will be issued out to the newer players to get them started as always.
Hope to see you back one day.

Thank you once again for the 2M NIC.

It's a pity you're leaving, because if ever you wanted to call in a favour...

8 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-10-14 10:52:00)

Well, it is not a high-score (1), though I'm glad you've enjoyed playing the market.

Sad to see you leave, we need more traders!

(1) I'm an independent player too, and I don't really grind either (I do production).

We need others scores to tell who is the high-score of independant producer ^^

Assuming my current rate of income is linear (and it isn't) after 12 months I would have about 630Mil.. So he's doing better than me.

2.2bil Liquid. Assets another 1bil(Est). GL in your future endeavors. Hope to see you again some day.

800,000,000? I've mined more then that (in worth) in alpha island ores. And around another 300-400m in epriton tongue

Best of luck.

My Epeen is THIS Long.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

My Epeen is THIS Long.

Tried to click on the word 'this' assuming it was a link.. Fail..

800 mill isn't a lot, try having 10s of billions worth of research, plus billions in nic and assets.

Awesome job.  Considering how you made the money, I think that will be the high score for a long time.  The market has always eluded my efforts.  As a former options trader, now English teacher, I give you kudos for making money in an unreadable market.  Who cares if you have 100bil from mining?  Making 800mil from the market is a great feat.  Perhaps you should look into my former profession as a side job/hobby !

17 (edited by Syndic 2011-10-16 18:50:36)

Good luck in your next game mate. Thanks for the nice mail you sent me, it was a great laugh. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

800 million without girnding seems like a great achievement. You have goal/vision in game make a plan and stick to it, that is what this game is about. Farewell mate. wink

RIP PERPETUUM

Getting two mil randomly (2 accounts right on day 1 lol) the first day I joined was more help then I could have ever hoped for heh. Thanks much! big_smile

hmm did not get a single NIC ... you failed at perpetuum ...

I didn't either, but I have my own..

Hugh Ruka wrote:

hmm did not get a single NIC ... you failed at perpetuum ...

It was nice getting it day one, mainly because you are looking at the missions after the tutorial and go "11,000 ok thats ok", kinda like the game i used to play for starting ones, then you look at the robots costs.... then you cry a lil... then you go do other stuff and leave the missions alone smile

But yes, day one it helped quite a bit big_smile