Re: [Combat] Limit the new Tag system to 1 tagged target.

No, use whatever robot you want. I use a Prometheus with a sensor amplifier and I can tap the npcs I want.

What's exciting about a 1v1 pve fight in this game? Nothing. The excitement comes from microing your taps and making sure you're being efficient while doing so.

Littlealex wrote:

Do you know how boring pve combat would get if you could only tag 1 mob and only had manage fighting 1 mob? The 1 tag idea is horrible. If anything needs to be changed it's spawns.

I agree with you about how horrible the one tag would be, but increasing spawns would not really help IMO, for one, the people farming would still lock and tag the one spawn at a time faster than the newbs, and for another it would just make it more attractive to farm since the amount of kernels you would get for a given time would go up.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Zhyntil wrote:
Littlealex wrote:

Do you know how boring pve combat would get if you could only tag 1 mob and only had manage fighting 1 mob? The 1 tag idea is horrible. If anything needs to be changed it's spawns.

I agree with you about how horrible the one tag would be, but increasing spawns would not really help IMO, for one, the people farming would still lock and tag the one spawn at a time faster than the newbs, and for another it would just make it more attractive to farm since the amount of kernels you would get for a given time would go up.

Well they would need to expand the spawn points for npcs a bit more since there would be a higher number of them. So instead of having 3 bots in a 3x3 grid you would have 6 bots in a 6x6 grid. Enough so the pros can be entertained multitagging and the "noobs" can have a couple to kill and while they are at it maybe learn how to tag multiple mobs and stop crying.

Azhuire wrote:

I can't help but feel that you are abusing this particular feature for your own profit and/or doing so to the detriment of others.

You're damn right I fire on more than 1 target, but as I've repeatedly said, the spawns I hunt at have no one else at them.

This is called being efficient.

Relandi wrote:
Azhuire wrote:

I can't help but feel that you are abusing this particular feature for your own profit and/or doing so to the detriment of others.

You're damn right I fire on more than 1 target, but as I've repeatedly said, the spawns I hunt at have no one else at them.

Spreading DPS across 3 targets is efficient? hmm

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

This is an obvious problem and lol at tough-warrior-bears calling this pvp. This will of course get fixed as any game where the vets (like us lol) has such a tremendous griefing potential on noobs is doomed. I'm all for griefing and unconsensual pvp, but this is simply ***.
Try to go scam the noobs in Todaki and see what EVE GMs do. But EVE is not a pvp game... owait!

I think the easiest solution to this would be, to populate some of the areas on the outskirts of the noob islands with more mob spawns...
Some of these areas are almost completely devoid of mobs, and now that the outposts are becoming stocked with ammo, it makes farming out there more viable...

serenekaos wrote:
Relandi wrote:
Azhuire wrote:

Certainly is when the AI enjoys going for long sprints on the beach away from you.

Though, I suppose only fighting drones you're unaware of this.

Relandi wrote:
serenekaos wrote:
Relandi wrote:

Certainly is when the AI enjoys going for long sprints on the beach away from you.

Though, I suppose only fighting drones you're unaware of this.

tbh you shouldn't even be posting in this thread since your situation has nothing at all to do with the OP's. When you're running missions out of an outpost where there is NO ONE around and the mobs are charging/retreating constantly going into and out of range....it's obviously not a big deal if you have multiple tag's going.

But that situation you described is a far cry from your original post:

Relandi wrote:

I have 0 problem firing 2 missile launchers a piece on 3 targets each from my Waspish - and I can even step that up further and use my 4th target with my energy drainer to keep my acc up.

Your original post says nothing about hunting a spawn alone or what kind of missions they are.

Which means you are either back-pedaling because you know you're in the wrong or you are just completely contradicting yourself and proving your ignorance.....

-Gallowglass-

60 (edited by Relandi 2010-12-01 03:57:13)

serenekaos wrote:

Your original post says nothing about hunting a spawn alone or what kind of missions they are.

Which means you are either back-pedaling because you know you're in the wrong or you are just completely contradicting yourself and proving your ignorance.....

I would suggest you attempt reading the ENTIRE thread before spouting off.

You only entered mid-conversation here, bro.

Also, telling me not to respond here? lol much? My issue is exactly on topic with this, because when you drop tags down to 1, I can no longer efficiently manage my spawn as mentioned above.

And as you agreed, it's not an issue once you get out of the noob spawns, so the issue here lays with those spawns, not with the tagging system.

Relandi wrote:

Also, telling me not to respond here? lol much? My issue is exactly on topic with this, because when you drop tags down to 1, I can no longer efficiently manage my spawn as mentioned above.

Why?

Azhuire wrote:
Relandi wrote:

Why?

Apparently losing tags means he will lose lock as well in his fantasy land. Cause tagging has everything to do with firing on multiple targets and managing locks...:rolleyes:

-Gallowglass-

Azhuire wrote:
Relandi wrote:

Why?

Yes, why? How does having multiple bots tagged help you the situation you keep mentioning? I've farmed the bots on the outskirts of the islands, and they do sometimes run back into the group before you can pop it. I keep popping the ones that keep coming out. Eventually the one that went in will come back out and you'll kill it. Are you worried someone else is going to kill your poor half-damaged robovictim before you can get it again?

Relandi wrote:
Azhuire wrote:

Its called being a ***, I could barely read your first few posts before it was stomach turningly obvious you were a basement dwelling virgin elitest.

Nobody is impressed by your scouffing attitude you *** pickle.

You hunt at spawns no one else is at... Sounds like those arent newbie mission spawns, DERP DERP you ***. lol.

As it stands this is a very big problem. People tried this shat on me and I was forced to blow a few days worth of EP teaching them a lesson. Then I tracked anyone from their corp or allied to their corp.. And I taught them the same lesson. Then I said to myself.. Damn I just spent 2 days farming this place just to teach a few jerks, and their associated jerks, a lesson in how to be more socially polite.

Making these mission mobs drop 0 loot is the solution. It does not harm Forum Warrior's egos.. It does not hurt the game AT ALL, it fixes a very real problem that *** farming far away beaches, obviously dont see happening.

Do something else isnt a solution and either is EVERY player blowing EP to max target lock times.

Stop being wastes of sperm and get out of the thread you socially awkward shat burgers.

BizzyBeast wrote:

Then I said to myself.. Damn I just spent 2 days farming this place just to teach a few jerks, and their associated jerks, a lesson in how to be more socially polite.

Try learning to be more "socially polite" yourself, slinging insults like you do just shows your obvious intelligence and social skill. The rest of your drivel does not even deserve comment.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Being a Castel pilot myself, when I ran into this problem, I just dropped a few points into fast locking and put a sensor booster on, and started taking what I wanted, as it spawned.  It would be very easy for me to take multiples if I want, but I limit myself to 1 at a time when others are fighting for lock.  Others don't.

The 1 lock rule might work, but I think a better idea would be to create dynamic spawn points that don't activate until mission owners arrive.

Zhyntil wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:

Then I said to myself.. Damn I just spent 2 days farming this place just to teach a few jerks, and their associated jerks, a lesson in how to be more socially polite.

Try learning to be more "socially polite" yourself, slinging insults like you do just shows your obvious intelligence and social skill. The rest of your drivel does not even deserve comment.

It happens often that bystanders get all worked up by a post not directed at them. I never really understood it, but I can still offer an apology to you for hurting your feelings.

The guy didnt deserve sympathy. He had been trolling the thread since its begining, snapping at people by saying "Go to places not classified as mission locations, to complete your mission." and avoiding the topic at hand.

I felt obligated to give him a virtual swollen eye. Sorry you felt as though you stepped in the way guy.

You are assuming that completing your assignment is more important than someone farming for NIC.

The solution is simple.  Fit sensor amps, and train Accellerated Target Locking up, so you can compete in target locking, instead of creating a failsafe for not having to train up your ablities to excell at completing your assignment, instead of crying because you choose assignments as an income stream instead of kernal farming

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Again, people comment when they have not read the thread, if you read what people are saying it makes you look like you might have a grain of intelligence.
I agree with most of the arguments used here anywhere/anytime except in the very areas where brand-new-just-finished-tutorial newbs are running. If people have this problem in the outer terminals, T2 quests etc. yep, then putting points into lock, getting better mechs/gear, or telling them to suck it up is totally correct but......
The problem is that the newb areas are being farmed by people that have been in game for quite some time, with better mechs and more points. This is because it is far cheaper to farm the T1 spawns while making more money than doing anything with T2 spawns.
It does not take much for a newb that is locked out of these areas by far superior mechs with a ton of EP spent on lock times to decide that this game is not for them......
No newbs, no new money, no new people to recruit, no new people to shoot, game stagnates then dies as the old-timers sit around on their beta islands pretending they had nothing to do with the game dying miserably.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Zhyntil wrote:

Again, people comment when ...

Opinions are like ***, everyone has one...

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

The problem i have is that squads cannot share spawns/ tags. If one member in a squad tags something it should be tagged for all [Everyone in that squad sees o not a +].

This help combat kill-stealers and allows groups to actually do missions together.

After reading through this thread I must say, Relandi you're being completely unreasonable. Zhyntil is right, you are mixing up completely different issues.

I don't understand how limiting tags to one has anything to do with restricting gameplay. And even if it does, how can it wrong to try to solve this issue? We want new players to enjoy the game (well we do, don't we?).