Topic: Accessibility issue, help the color blind..

So one thing that seems VERY important in this game is the relation of the bots..  Green > Yellow > Blue > Green...etc..  This is hard on some of us.. hehe

When we target a ship it'd be darn handy if we could get a logo on the rots icon as to which side it was on, so we could correctly deal with it..

Its a minor thing I know.. but it would help those of us with this issue greatly.. Thanks

Re: Accessibility issue, help the color blind..

with time you will learn which bot type belongs to which faction. so when you see "3rd star" and "cameleon" in the table you wou will learn to stay away from it unless you know what you are doing.

you don't have to see the colors to know which faction a bot belongs to. look into the bot section of the market and open the information window of each bot type. you should find the information to which faction the bot belongs.

and for the "3rd star" or "arbiter" ranks: take a look into the kernels section of the market. their description and nic prices will give you an idea of their ranking.

I'm not color blind and I can't tell what color the npc's are, lol.

I could probably adjust video settings and get a better color display for this game, but since I ID everything by name, I'm not going to adjust my settings so that other applications are off color.

I think it's more to player relations not NPCs.

Say he's in a corp that's at war and has allies. If there's just a few of each he can remember their corp names and easily check in the overview.

But say he's at war with 10+ corps and 25+ allies I suspect it may get a bit confusing on who exactly is red and who is blue.

Atleast I think that's what the problem is.

*Insert really awesome sig here*

5 (edited by Crynth 2010-12-06 20:08:43)

If you're talking about PVP Palamedes, it may help you set your allies to "Friend" (Right click > set relations) then uncheck show friends in the landmark options. Then you don't have to worry about accidentally targeting your allies. Color blindness aside, I still find this feature helpful in large scale combat.