1 (edited by Darylist 2011-09-30 21:50:20)

Topic: Corp Paint Schemes

Just a random idea that popped into my head that people in general chat seemed to like at the time. I'm not sure  if there are any plans for paint schemes in the works, but this is my idea.

Every corp could be able to make their own paint scheme (or schemes) that would apply to all bots from that corp. It would allow a degree of personalization and at the same time possibly even evoke a sense of belonging to the corp. Also it may make pvp look cooler big_smile

Just throwin' it out there. If you have anything to add, please do. I think this would be better than individual paint schemes, although it is clear that others would/will disagree.

Re: Corp Paint Schemes

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't the currently planned paint jobs going to be for sale for $$$$$$$$$$$????

So let us see--- You want to join corp you have to pay $$$$ for useless stuff........ No thanks.....

I personally think it is a giant mound of garbage to have any form of a cash shop when a subscription is charged. I for one, will be damned if I am going to pay for anything (including vanity only) other then a subscription.

BS MT crap is one of the reasons I left the other game and came here and I for one will not support any idea that encourages corporations to mandate that their players participate in MT.......

Inappropriate signature.

3 (edited by Darylist 2011-09-30 22:50:53)

oh, I wasnt aware that there were any plans for a cash shop.. I didnt think it was going the way of microtransactions this early on with this small of a player base. I know they're doing some kind of store based on Energy credits, but I thought that had to do with ingame things (I am assuming either plasma, or another item that would be introduced, but thats another topic).

I wouldn't pay cash for a paint job either.

<sarcasm>A monocle for my bot, on the other hand...</sarcasm>

Ideas are in the works for non game changing items/ services.still a long way away I guess, the devs have promised so much more features before hand. They better sort out more content first.

RIP PERPETUUM

I've lost track of what is or isn't supposed to be released in the near term.

6 (edited by Celebro 2011-10-01 00:33:19)

Arga wrote:

I think the devs and all the players are too. There are just too many blogs about different stuff coming "soon" is confusing

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … er-part-2/ this one is about the paint job and some other stuff not yet implemented. There is also part 1 of this which is not completed but some of part 2 is.

Well talking about confusion might be a good idea to make a new thread tommorow and type all the things mentioned in the blogs and podcast which have been promised but not completed yet.

Edit: ok, read that blog again non of those have been implemented just yet, still summer part 1 has some missing features yet to be patched.

RIP PERPETUUM

I wouldn't expect this to be done any time soon, I would hope there are other things on the top of the list..I want to see what they're going to do with the Energy Store for instance, and fix the reload bug.

Being that I work at a software development company, I understand how the software development life-cycle works, and sometimes for instance the company wont know if a feature will be out on the next build of the software until a certain point in that features development, which makes it kind of counter-productive to estimate for the users what features are going to be out in the next build too soon before release. Not to say that it isn't nice to let them know what's in development, as long as they have that understanding. And sometimes due to an unforeseen technical limitations somewhere down the line, heavily desired features are delayed or cancelled.

tl;dr, I don't expect any specific thing any time soon, as long as they keep building in a generally good direction, and have a good balance of bug fixes and new content, and don't make promises that aren't kept.

Arga wrote:

Off: That's what you get for impatiently asking for information smile
The reason is basically that we are working parallel on many features. If we would only concentrate on one of them, half of the team would be constantly waiting for the other half to finish their part.

<.<
>.>
-.-

Information is like popcorn, it tastes great at the time, but you can eat your weight in it without ever getting filled up. Also, popcorn is one of the few foods that can go from the most wonderful smell to the world's worst smell in about 35  seconds too much microwave time; again much like information.

smile

I think it's a good idea. If we assume that no cash shop will be involved I'm all for corp paint schemes.
I wonder if Hydra will be exclusively in pink bots...or just Ville. wink