Topic: Thanks for dynamic spawns!

Dear DEVs,
the new random spawns are awesome. I love them!

Please don't listen to the pathetic whiners and don't even dare to reverse this change. They're just mad, because they can't grind the same bot for 10 hours per day, which is boring as hell.

Please keep up the good work by adding more interesting stuff. Don't let yourself hold up by the minor bitter minority.

Random/dynamic things make the game so much more interesting. We need moar of this kind! big_smile

Re: Thanks for dynamic spawns!

+1, but fix EW npc asap, thx

Jasdemi wrote:

Dear DEVs,
the new random spawns are awesome. I love them!

Please don't listen to the pathetic whiners and don't even dare to reverse this change. They're just mad, because they can't grind the same bot for 10 hours per day, which is boring as hell.

Please keep up the good work by adding more interesting stuff. Don't let yourself hold up by the minor bitter minority.

Random/dynamic things make the game so much more interesting. We need moar of this kind! big_smile

I like the random spawn idea very much, but they should at least spawn stuff in the same ballpark than before. This may be true on Alpha but on Beta, especially for high-end spawns this is not true. Instead of 12 Bots ( before, mix of everything(Green+Indu), everything L5) you now get two groups of random spawns that can at best spawn 3xL5 HM so its still less than before and the elite spawn does not make up for it. Especially for larger groups this makes a big difference.

I say keep the feature, but balance out the spawn mechanic more carefully, e.g. for that mentioned spawn add two more groups of random spawns, one of them always EW, one of them always indu...done.

Too bad you had randoms BEFORE they made all spawns random.  So if you wanted random spawns you could've fought them.  Now you don't have a choice.

Devs, you should keep in mind that people like this HAD the ability to fight random spawns.  People HAD the ability to fight more static spawns as well, now they don't, unless its mission.

I liked how it was.  We had some random spawns and some static spawns.  Please think about changing it back.

Yes!! We need more of that!! But lets not stop there... Lets start spawning multiple grand observers from different Nia factions! Also make sure that they have *high* resists against *all* damage types, and also use all of the EW abilities! Think of how cool and challenging that would be!!... (wipes excess sarcasum off of keyboard>... ^^

This falls into the class of things covered by the old saying; "If its not broke, don't fix it".  Random spawns already existed. Those who wanted such things, could seek them out. It was a matter of choice.  Now its not.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

- spawns are still static in one place
- with two agents you can still farm any spawn in a macro like fashion
- why not suggesting to farm kernels with mining laser and the risk to have a random explosion when your mining laser hits a hydrogen-bubble underground ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Read beter, we whine because we want HARDER NPC on beta, randam NPC can be fun, but they need to more and harder !

Edison wrote:

Too bad you had randoms BEFORE they made all spawns random.  So if you wanted random spawns you could've fought them.  Now you don't have a choice.

No you didn't and yes you do. Random spawns have only been in for what, 2 months tops? It was stated when they first got implemented that all non-mission spawns will eventually be random.

To that end, you can STILL fight static spawns.. Running around Tellesis for example, about 1/3rd of the spawns are still static because they are mission spawns.. They will spawn the same things over and over again.

You also DO get a choice in how hard the spawns are as some of the new random spawns will only spawn the lower end stuff (I have seen 1 spawn only spawn tier 1 lights and assaults, and then only 1 assault at a time). The ONLY issue I have right now is that the higher end random spawns will still spawn lower end stuff (just lots of them) so for example, what used to be a tier 5 light spawn can now spawn tier 5 lights, but also tier 1 heavy mechs... (although they don't appear to spawn tier 3 lights). They need to fiddle with the minimums on some spawns (especially beta spawns)

Also broken ewar NPCs is making some of these spawns a lot easier.

Now they only have to find a solution for the static assignment npcs. As I forsee a problem there that they will be farmed by none assignment runners none stop cause of their static respawn spot and easy to macro around it.

Solution would be to make the assignment location more dynamic as well. Also only let those assignments bot appear near this random area when someone took the assignment and they would leave once the assignment gets finished or runs out of time.

Gives the feeling at least a more live feeling to the world instead of everything being static. Also make those spawns roam a bit and if a yellow runs into a green they start to fight each other to. This however would be a nice feature to have, but would make the world feel even better.

Guys, can you advice me where to find good high-level industrial spawn? All spawns, what i checked, have a lot warfare bots spawned, but not many industrials. Spawns kinda broken, or i am noobie?

removal of static mission spawns is "in the works" - at least CRM promised me big_smile

replacement for the "we want something challanging"-crowd, will be the "egg" system (hopefully they find a better name for it soon)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Jasdemi wrote:

said some trololol stuff about dynamic spawns

While I do really enjoy the dynamic spawns for the playabality and the feeling i get as I'm looting a few cans and a 4th Darkstar heavy pops up 180m away from me. I don't enjoy the sheer cliff face the dev's have turned learning tech in to. Before I could Bet my whole wallet on bringing back x amount of t4 mech kernals for my corp or myself but now I sat in a spawn for my normal farm time and only brought back 15 t4 kernals this saddened me as I started wandering the island for any "mission" t4 mech spawns and found none. To finish tech on any items has now become so hard your killing the small corps/new indy players only hopes of even competeing with corp/alliances that have finished tech on items. I see the only option to fix this with out reverting the fun part of the spawns is to make them a +/- 1 meaning that if the spawns neutral spot is 3rd star mechs the smallest it would spawn is a -1 size and - 1 teir (2nd star Assault) the highest it would spawn would be a +1 size +1 teir (4th star H mech). That being stated small E-war of = teir can be added for flavor. My concern here is I find a t1 heavy/t3 mech spawn but after 10 mins i'm seeing 5 t1 light ewar and 3 t3 assaults are now the flavor of the next 10 mins its demoralizing. Also if I cleared the spawn of T3 Mechs why whould a T1 mech and 2 T3 assaults follow it. It should increase in difficulty until you can't effectivly clear it and only reset once the spawn isn't aggressed upon for 10-15 mins.
In my idea this would mean the spawn start in Netural {This allows the PVE'r to know what to expect from this mob}.(3-4 T3 mechs) you get there and start to farm after killing all out there the next wave would be spawns minimum lacky scouts (2 T2 assaults and some t2 L-Ewar) increasing till you get (5 t4 assaults) then (2 t4 assaults and 1 t2 mech) now the assaults phase out and the mechs grow in strengh and number until your getting 5 t4 mechs then it starts throwing a t2 heavy at you until the Mechs phase out then you end up with a Tanked Killing crew (5 t4 H mech)spawn maximum. Keep the randomness up (with # of bots and bot type) but never go back to t2s After you finish the spawn within 10mins of no agro it completely respawns to Netural position.
TL:DR
How can you or your corp finish Tech?
Normalize some of the randomness of dynamics if its should to be a high teir spawn lets keep it around what it should be, and don't spawn lower teir or what I just mopped up.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

I agree with the OP that the dynamic spawns, in general, are a great improvement over the earlier system of static spawns.  they make farming NPCs much more fun.

I also agree with most of the criticisms of the specifics of the new system, particularly the wide range of NPCs that can and do spawn at any specific dynamic spawn. 

For example, at several of the dynamic spawns on Hershfield that I regularly hit,  the full range of NPCs is T1-T4 lights, T1-T4 assaults, T1-T3 mechs & T1 heavy mechs (+the special T5 assaults and T3 mechs).  This is just silly! Anyone trying to fight the lower end mobs will quickly get a high end mob and run into trouble. Anyone trying to fight higher end mobs will get tons of T1-T2 light and assault "trash mobs" they have to waste time and ammo on. In the end, no one is really happy.  The solution is simple: narrow the difficulty range of  mobs at each spawn and make some spawns consistently harder or easier than others.

Spawns should be done in tiers.

T1/T3 spawns should only be on Alpha.
T4/T5 spawns should only be on Beta.

Tiers should only spawn mobs of their spawn's tier. That way new players don't get b*tchslapped by a 4-5th star, and vet players don't waste time and ammo on 1-2nd star mobs.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Tiers should only spawn mobs of their spawn's tier. That way new players don't get b*tchslapped by a 4-5th star, and vet players don't waste time and ammo on 1-2nd star mobs.

Because there's no veteran players on alpha, right?

Why not qualify your statement with T1-t3 on alpha 1 islands only if you're really concerned with new players getting killed by t4 or t5 npcs, and this isn't just a "OMG NERF ALFA" statement.

This was true till the dynamic spawns, that you get max 3rd star at alpha and best ones on beta.
Hard for us to not ask questions: did this change overnight, ninja under the cloak of a dynamic spawn?
Or is this a bug in the matrix?
Omg nerf smokey, he is getting smart and independent at trolling syndic.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Level 4 NPCs were available on alpha for quite some time. And it should stay that way under the new system.

18 (edited by Cassius 2011-09-30 04:57:45)

Syndic wrote:

This would also limit research for carebears, correct?

19 (edited by The Omen 2011-09-30 21:51:15)

Syndic wrote:

You are kidding right ?
If they chance upon 4-5th star mechs and get popped it will only happen once, then they'll come back with a group and have some fun taking out that spawn as a group.
So by limiting Alpha to 3rd level all it will do is make Beta yet again stronger ? The game isn't all about Beta gets everything better. You say you want to grow the game but by limiting what Alpha gets yet again all it will do is put another nail in the coffin so to speak. With these spawns Alpha corps can grow their research and have some fun while at it.

Good idea and implementation of heavier NPC's spawns on alpha Devs. You have actually put some fun back into the game.

L4-L5 star mechs were NEVER available on Alpha.

Alpha has always (since release) been limited to L3 Mechs/Heavy Mechs, plus there is already a "research road" available through the Grand Observer kernels.

There should be a risk-vs-reward balance. You risk nothing on Alpha, why should you get the same research/farming options as on Beta? Wtf should Beta only be some grand "come here to mine epriton then sit on Alpha" area?

The only thing driving nails in the coffin of this game is the incessant catering to Alpha-100%-safety playstyle. You got all resources needed to produce lights & assaults. You got all tech access to research T3 medium weapons. You got universal L2 facilities in Alpha-2 terminals. Thats pretty rich for a 100%-no-pvp-zone in a game that's about territory control and player interaction.

CIR Complaint Form

21 (edited by The Omen 2011-10-01 05:04:20)

Do you feel threatened by Alphas ?

What if we just want the research for our Alpha lifestyle ? We aren't all interested in your huge PVP wars....

The game has to cater for all types of players not just PVP orientated people. Yes that's right some people don't really care about PVP that much...might seem hard to fathom doesn't it smile
So by unlocking T4 gear we can fit our bots to go pew pew in PVE which is all we want and not have to worry about what the PVP corps filter into the Alpha market at their leisure.

The only "threat" from your Alpha crew is that you'll find something else to whine about to the Devs besides how life is so unfair some people have more accounts then others. lol

Why should T4 research be available on Alpha through any means other then Observer kernels? Where is the risk vs reward? What is the point of farming T4-T5 kernels on Beta and risking PVP when it can be done on Alpha?

What is the next step, Epriton available on Alpha? L5 facilities on Alpha, to make sure certain "intelligent" CEO's can spend another 10 months pretending they're getting ready for Beta and territory control content? lol

Yes... Because that approach has certainly worked wonders so far, by making it an Alpha centric game. Wonderful results, the finish-line isn't far off. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Touch a nerve did I ? smile

Remember it's a game.

We are here to have fun in our own ways. Some love their PVP and others love their PVE.
You can lower yourself to insulting us if it makes you feel better and I'm ok with that but as the thread was intended, thankyou Devs for the new Dynamic spawns they're great fun.

yesterday i tried to find some alpha roaming npcs...

i have found a grand observer kain and a grand observer arbalest- while i took down the kain the arbalest walked away. searching for it i circled whole attalica island.

and you know what? nothing - not a single random roaming spawn. almost ran into a static spawn due to microsleep...

btw, about alpha safety: the only wrong thing is that corps like CIR and M2S can have the SAME unlimited protection on alpha as all those who never ever shoot at other player.
felt like a pvp roamer who is complaining that noone he can shoot is running around his island.