Topic: The Content: Modular Robots

Ladies and gentlemen,
I hereby present you my concept of implementing modular robots into Perpetuum.
Because it was necessary to include a few images in my work I am posting the whole thing in pdf file.
Just click and read smile

Enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment!

http://www.doctorx.pl/thecontent/modularrobots.pdf

Filesonic Mirror:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/224987599 … robots.pdf

-------
ANY kind of Micro Transactions / P2W - I QUIT!

Re: The Content: Modular Robots

uhm, whats new?

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … ybrids.jpg

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

t;'dr Hello Kitty Paint Jobs!

hehe those hybrids are awesome big_smile

Go to your assets and have a look at a fully fitted robot. Perpetuum is modular by default, like Annihilator pointed out. It's just a can of worms balance-wise.

Ville wrote:

t;'dr Hello Kitty Paint Jobs!

75% of the posts I see from you are about a stupid hello kitty paint job. If you are so jazzed up about hello kitty BS then go to wal-mart and buy some freaking hello kitty underoos........

Inappropriate signature.

The hybrid robot system is IMHO not releaseable in its current form.

while a small choice of hybrids does look nice, most of them are horrible kitbashed abominations (look at the lithus chassis with legs on that screenshot...)

ontop of that, intersection between body parts that dont fit together are not nice either (eg. seth head on intact, would plow in ground all the time)

The only reasonable and logical implementation of the Hybrid system that i came up recently, was adding interchangable body parts that only slightly change the mechs appearance (eg, a slightly altered, beefed up chassis that has more hitpoints). You dont interchange parts between mechs, but have a selection per mech.

like i would like to see a 6-legged Seth with an array of small weapon mounts on one side, and a large mount on the other side, with an independant turret (2nd player wink ) slot ontop.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

This is really cool.

Annihilator wrote:

The hybrid robot system is IMHO not releaseable in its current form.

The only reasonable and logical implementation of the Hybrid system that i came up recently, was adding interchangable body parts that only slightly change the mechs appearance (eg, a slightly altered, beefed up chassis that has more hitpoints). You dont interchange parts between mechs, but have a selection per mech.

/signed
it reminds me of Morrowind a bit - the same armor looked different on a khajit than it looked on a human. Not only in Morrowind - it is a common thing to make armor change their shapes in RPG then it gets weared by a woman or by a man.

It just wouldnt be me without coming up with some way of visualising what is in my mind. Check this:
http://www.doctorx.pl/thecontent/morph.jpg

The alterations can be huge and the way they are determined could be by a stat or static (as whenever a module gets connected to another particular module it transforms into a particular shape).
Stat-based (like encumbrance) system would be a lot better imo. I am getting it all worked out in my head as I speak so I may be making another post soon big_smile

-------
ANY kind of Micro Transactions / P2W - I QUIT!

one issue i see with that: each different shape needs a mesh and textures. meshing up can be done, working on textures is a pain that not many can do.

its also the reason why other MMOs are 10x in HD size then Perpetuum - most of it is mesh+textures+movies. On other hand, its reason for the throwaway culture in games theses days: they are based on visuals. The DEV teams consist mosly out of 3D-Artists, and only a few coders. Espcecially since those games are also based on modified licensed GFX engines, with thousands of tools and probably a huge documentation on how to archieve a desired effect....