Topic: New devblog: Attributes, extensions and sparks

The much awaited devblog about the changes to the extension system and the removal of the account reset feature:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … nd-sparks/

Re: New devblog: Attributes, extensions and sparks

sounds great to me.

One question though, will the new sparks mean we are finally getting spark jumps as well ?

Hmm.. I was hoping we would get an update on intrusion 2.0 but this is good too.

All changes good

Looks great.  Win - win for new and old players.

The attribute changes are a great win for everyone.

New sparks sound impressive and give a future reason for standings.

New extension reset system is bad. Bad for everyone. New players and old can easily go above this "Limit" that has yet to be decided which means it useless for them. And older players will find a way to abuse this system in some way. Blobs for example that can survive having a lot of lower skilled players able to re-train in an instant to another role. Lower some level 5 mining skills and suddenly become a one fight remote repairer.

I don´t think there will be a lot of exploitation because most old chars prolly have their extensions well beyond that "threshhold" and it´s also 30 days only...

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

The threshold is what makes the system a flop. New players are well known for training extensions above level 5 and this is their main reason for wanting to reset. You've got to be careful not to upset the new players with a system that's designed for them.

Older players will get much more extra EP fuuu

Other than that, all good.

Good, not a major change, but still a good change, game getting better, thx for this news

We have decided to return all EP gathered in penalty pools due to the resets, so everyone will start with a clean sheet regarding accumulated EP.

I can see why this was added, but it provides players one last free reset. Reputation isn't going to stop it, only research characters (again) have any real downside to doing this.

The upside though, is that the removal of the reset system means we won't have to deal with this again, if the system gets revamped again. Players with nearly 500k EP can take a number of high complexity skills to 10 without being penalized with long waits. By penalized I mean having 60k EP 'saved' instead of applied to extensions and actively improving your performance.

An additional upside is that it could encourage subbed but inactive players to come back and reset their accounts to try a new role. It would probably be more effective in this capacity if there was a major content release in conjunction with the 'final reset'.

Alexander wrote:

New extension reset system is bad. Bad for everyone. New players and old can easily go above this "Limit" that has yet to be decided which means it useless for them. And older players will find a way to abuse this system in some way. Blobs for example that can survive having a lot of lower skilled players able to re-train in an instant to another role. Lower some level 5 mining skills and suddenly become a one fight remote repairer.

Well, isn't this problem very easily avoidable by simply imposing a 1h-between-resets timer?

Overall, I think it sounds like great changes, so what if there's a few odd fight during 30-days...

Lucius Marcellus wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Well, isn't this problem very easily avoidable by simply imposing a 1h-between-resets timer?

Overall, I think it sounds like great changes, so what if there's a few odd fight during 30-days...

As I got it right there is already a limit of only 5 levels total in 10 hours, that is an average of 1 level reset per 2 hours.

Blog wrote:

Lastly there will be a rolling limit which will only allow you to downgrade a sum of 5 levels of any extension in the last 10 hours.

dunno how often you can become a one-fight RR guy with that restriction.

it means in whole 30 days of respec-ability you can do 360 extension changes if you dont miss a single chance to do so. 12 hours offline and you have lost one respec lvl. Thats something for the Harz IV player...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'm not impressed with the thinly veiled attempt to keep players in-game by giving everyone free shinies (EP). fuuu But everyone's greedy for EP at heart including me, so I'm gonna enjoy planning out what extensions to take ahead of schedule. lol

6/10 for effort, at least something.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I think I,m going to get all those ep back wasted on Basic parallel assignments. cool

But aside from that seems ok idea. smile

Again, I believe the key here is that the broken reset system is finally being removed. There will probably be additional tweaks to the creation process, but nothing that will have the same long term effect as being able to reapply many months of EP to acheive a specific goal instantly.

This should go a long way toward helping balance combat too over the next 12 months, as characters will need to make harder choices about waiting months to go to level 10 or applying those EP to less specialized extensions.

elric wrote:

I think I,m going to get all those ep back wasted on Basic parallel assignments. cool

But aside from that seems ok idea. smile

yep, me too.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

19 (edited by Trap Card 2011-09-30 14:55:08)

My parallel assignment is at rank 7.

Dont think I can get it back sad

Overall loving it though.

Parallel assignments is STILL useful for getting small faction ammo. I got tons of small Heat-IX in a short time with parralel assignments 4 on New Virginia.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

yeah, parallel 4! but not parallel 7, as there are no more then 4 missions per type.

the extension is kinda useless as there is:
- a time limit on all missions
- a limited number of missions avialiable
- most missions are limited by a second factor (eg. production mission need free factory/reverse lines)
- missions that need you to kill something an bring it back are limited by your cargo hold (ammo)

So - which reason is there to limit the ammount of missions you can take at once with one agent at a time?

Annihilator wrote:

yeah, parallel 4! but not parallel 7, as there are no more then 4 missions per type.

- most missions are limited by a second factor (eg. production mission need free factory/reverse lines)
- missions that need you to kill something an bring it back are limited by your cargo hold (ammo)

So - which reason is there to limit the ammount of missions you can take at once with one agent at a time?

It appears that an extension is broke devs please note this and fix it... Either refund the EP and let us figured out why we did it in the first place(triangle missions were lucrative) Or make the Extention a % Relation and nic bonus. But as of now any one who spent the extra on 3-4 more levels to go over 5 to capatalize on the triangle feel like we have EP locked to a worthless cause.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader Khan wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

It appears that an extension is broke devs please note this and fix it... Either refund the EP and let us figured out why we did it in the first place(triangle missions were lucrative) Or make the Extention a % Relation and nic bonus. But as of now any one who spent the extra on 3-4 more levels to go over 5 to capatalize on the triangle feel like we have EP locked to a worthless cause.

I can understand why you would want the EP back that was spent on lvls 5,6, and 7 but you also would return the 200 mil Nic you got from having them and running the triangle 24/7, right?

As Arga pointed out, the news here is the system is changing permanently and for the better. To worry about 4 days wasted EP is something to be concerned about if your entire game career is 6 days, but if you put 6 months into it and only waste 4 days EP that's pretty good.  The changes seem well thought out and designed to be fair and effective accross the board. Who cares if in the 30 days implementaion phase there are very few strange things, no transition is silky smooth.

Looking forward to this smile