26 (edited by Worker Joe 2011-08-29 07:08:12)

Re: New devblog: August status report

Hope this Ep system changes soon.  Players and game developers need to remember its a game.  Penalizing a customer because they would like to change how their account functions is just lame. 

What does a player do once he is tired of their Ep set-up?

Been over a week since I've logged on to any of my accounts.

What if players will be tired to spend ep into the builds what will be nerfed? Happened not once.

They may leave if they don't like it. Also, what players do you talking about?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Step 1: Remove all Mech, Heavy Mech bots from the game.
Step 2: Remove "Advanced..." Extensions that relate to medium weapons/mechs/heavy mechs from the game.
Step 3: Remove "Medium..." Modules from the game.

Problem solved. The reimbursed EP from the extensions will be used to raise Basic Robotics to 10, and everyone can happily run in light bots and assault bots. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I just wonder how did you guys suffer when there was no erp big_smile

Worker Joe wrote:

Been over a week since I've logged on to any of my accounts.

Same

Already cancelled my other accounts, as have my friends. Kept this mature account but once this month runs out, I am gone. Only thing to convince me to stay is new reset system or some drastic pve changes.

I'm bookmarking & screenshotting this post, so I can pull it out when there's no reset and no drastic PVE changes a month down the road, but you're still talking about cancelling accounts unless X candy is given to you. big_smile

P.S.

Would you like some candy? big_smile

CIR Complaint Form

Yeah Goblin, I am sure Syndic has a Midgit Tootsie roll for you!!  lol

Syndic wrote:

I'm bookmarking & screenshotting this post, so I can pull it out when there's no reset and no drastic PVE changes a month down the road, but you're still talking about cancelling accounts unless X candy is given to you. big_smile

P.S.

I've meet you Syndic.  In game that is.  You might remember me by my other Agent name.  Vamatrics. 

Was really fun meeting you and your alliance.  Remember smiling and laughing while assisting on Roams with ya guys.  Ya all probly the coolest bunch of gamers I have ever meet in a game.

Sad to say I just lost the heart to play. 

Stay Cool Syndic

1. New player experience is.. well.. missing.
2. There is little to no warning when training an extension above level 5.
3. Once an extension is trained there is no way to lower or untrain it which almost all games have a way of doing.
4. The community standards have fallen and we're left with a large amount of pushy whiners.

The most important point here is number three. The main issue is in most games when you reset your skills you're still stuck to at least SOME choices you've made. If the UI was modified a little to separate level 1 to 5 and 6 to 10 and then allow any extension level 1 to 5 to be lowered or refunded I think this would help a lot of new players and old players alike.

Training something above level 5 should be a investment. Training something to level 5 should be a trial. EP costs already show this to be the case as level 6+ is considered overdrive..

Worker Joe wrote:
Syndic wrote:

P.S.

I've meet you Syndic.  In game that is.  You might remember me by my other Agent name.  Vamatrics. 

Was really fun meeting you and your alliance.  Remember smiling and laughing while assisting on Roams with ya guys.  Ya all probly the coolest bunch of gamers I have ever meet in a game.

Stay Cool Syndic

Worker Joe wrote:

Stay Cool Syndic

Sorry to see you go mate, hope one day you'll come back when Perp has more to offer. We'll always be around, and ofc youre always welcome to drop by on TS for giggles. Had some great roams together. lol

CIR Complaint Form

WTB News on the extension adjustment (new reset) system that was supposed to hit in the middle of August... Please!

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

Devblog is coming today or tomorrow.

Does that mean that another patch coming soon aswell?

Line wrote:

No, it doesn't.

42 (edited by Alexander 2011-09-27 13:34:22)

Jasdemi wrote:
Line wrote:

No, it doesn't.

It might do.. But define soon?
Given that they don't tend to know if they're patching until about 12 hours before they do it I don't assume there are any patches ready.
However I expect a lot of changes are being made that will make much use of the new icon. ( fuuu )

Well maybe I've understood it wrong, but in last patchnotes was said that anotherpatch incoming in lesser that a month.

Check the change history. Most patches are every 3 weeks.
Expect a patch a month at least even if it's just little fixes.

I'm pretty sure i saw a couple of words from DEVs about last patch and that we will not wait for month for something new...Can't find it anymore. Nvm, a blog is fine too big_smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

The good news is that you won't have to wait another month for the next patch, as we're wrapping up the new level2 assignment pack and a new NPC AI.

??

Xactly! Translate please, is that mean patch or not?

A new devblog still doesn't mean that its contents will be part of the very next patch, unless explicitly mentioned. It's an announcement, not a patch note. But we've always have been and still are doing patches independent of the devblogs.

Line wrote:

Xactly! Translate please, is that mean patch or not?

It does mean there is a patch coming this month. If it has been delayed, that's another issue.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

A new devblog still doesn't mean that its contents will be part of the very next patch, unless explicitly mentioned. It's an announcement, not a patch note. But we've always have been and still are doing patches independent of the devblogs.

I know you guys are working hard to mak us happy, and very appreciate that smile Forgive us our impatience!