1 (edited by Jasdemi 2011-10-10 13:55:57)

Topic: Little annoying things we want fixed/improved

no content

Re: Little annoying things we want fixed/improved

"little" So I can't say bigger/more islands D: ?

Allow squad invites to work without leaving the squad first.
Fix max number of targets parameter display in bot info.

Trade items which are in a container.
Reverse engineer/manufacture items which are in a container
Separate area for ore and manufacturing ingredients, onstead of having to have everything in the maon personal storage area.
A default order duration, instead of having it reset to 1 day every time.

Buying items remotely would be good as well

- show me where my corpmates are (in corp member list: island, sector, terminal)
- review squad mechanics
- gimme a ping if someone is using a a sonar, err, detector near me

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

- being able to manufacture something from a folder in the corp hangars (take mats from there, charge corp account automatically, return mats to there)
- being able to trade items when not in the same station
- being able to sell items when not in the same station (remotely, also gets rid of your problem of players having stuff locked in a beta station once they are locked out of it when intrusion 2.0 hits)

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

Mark Zima wrote:

Allow squad invites to work without leaving the squad first.

I must say for this one, for the love of god don't do this... Its WAY too open for abuse...

We shall attack that small squad with our slightly bigger squad. Well, I'll just tar *squad invite* no.. wait ill *squad invite* no, now *squad invite* no.. *squad invite* no, i'll rep *squad invite* no DAMN IT *squad invite* no REP DA *squad invite* no RE *squad invite*.. BOOM!

How about only allow squad invites while in a squad from people of blue or better standing?

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

How about only allow squad invites while in a squad from people of blue or better standing?

That would be a better fix yes. The other option would be to have people that have been offline for more than 15 mins drop squad so when you log in you aren't already in a squad (unless you crash and log back in right away), but that has its own little problems and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't like that (mainly for standing squads).

Um how about letting anyone in the squad invite someone to it...or at least give those rights out@@@!!!

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Contracts? As in some other game, the ability to put an item in a hangar on a contract for another player who can then pick that item up at their lesuire within the contract time frame.

A one time thing .... Have Jasdemi make just one non troll forum post .... (Oh wait this is it!) tongue

Factory: When setting up a manufacturing run the readout for minerals required only shows the amount needed for the first cycle. It would be nice to see what was needed for all the programmed cycles so we can put the right amount aside.

Fix the bugs where miner / harvester modules don't show ammount extracted increase.

I find this bug when I dont have "Extensive *" extension, for whatever I am specifically trying to mine such as Stermonit, HDT, etc.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

14 (edited by Hugh Ruka 2011-09-26 11:40:26)

1. display distance to target in the targeting brackets at all time in addition to the lock count-down
2. display relevant information in the bot info window (packaged capacity on bots, mass of bots) even if the bot is unpacked and active
3. ability to remove autorepeat from modules on the equip window
4. display weapon ranges on fiting/reloading, not only after session change. simply update the values with module changes immediately

EDIT:

5. let us transport unpacked/fited bots with empty cargo

Add abality for distance trading (buying and selling) from your personal storage on other islands.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

These are just from the top of my head, so sorry if I don't address all of them.

Let us transport unpacked/fited bots with empty cargo. -Hugh Ruka
It's a can of worms and probably wildly exploitable too.

Mark viewed containers. -Jasdemi
On our todo.

Reload all weapons equally, if ammunition is low. -Jasdemi
Technical difficulties, but we'd like it too.

Allow squad invites to work without leaving the squad first. -Mark Zima
Maybe, I'd have to ask.

Show me where my corpmates are (in corp member list: island, sector, terminal). -Annihilator
Good idea, don't know if possible.

Trade items which are in a container. -Mouse Tiger
Reverse engineer/manufacture items which are in a container. -Mouse Tiger
Technical difficulties.

A default order duration, instead of having it reset to 1 day every time. -Mouse Tiger
I take this as "save the last used duration", which is possible.

Separate area for ore and manufacturing ingredients, onstead of having to have everything in the maon personal storage area. -Mouse Tiger
I'm not even sure this is a good idea. What counts as "manufacturing ingredient"? You need robots and modules for manufacturing certain named items or Mk2 robots too.

Fix max number of targets parameter display in bot info. -Mark Zima
Being fixed.

Display distance to target in the targeting brackets at all time in addition to the lock count-down. -Hugh Ruka
Probably possible.

Display relevant information in the bot info window (packaged capacity on bots, mass of bots) even if the bot is unpacked and active. -Hugh Ruka
I guess "packaged capacity" here means packaged volume of the bot. Missing mass seems to be a bug.

"What counts as "manufacturing ingredient"?

Everything that the player chooses to put into the "manufacturing ingredients area" can be used for manufacturing. Things which are not in this area can not be used for manufacturing

DEV Zoom wrote:

These are just from the top of my head, so sorry if I don't address all of them.

Let us transport unpacked/fited bots with empty cargo. -Hugh Ruka
It's a can of worms and probably wildly exploitable too.

Display relevant information in the bot info window (packaged capacity on bots, mass of bots) even if the bot is unpacked and active. -Hugh Ruka
I guess "packaged capacity" here means packaged volume of the bot. Missing mass seems to be a bug.

yes I meant volume :-)

about transposting bots, I specificaly suggested empty cargo of the unpacked bot to prevent any misuse. maybe also empty weapons (anything that takes charges). I don't know if there are any modules that are that big to make an issue (definitely not mech and hmech).

Mouse Tiger wrote:

Everything that the player chooses to put into the "manufacturing ingredients area" can be used for manufacturing. Things which are not in this area can not be used for manufacturing

Oh I see. But wouldn't that be less comfortable than it is now?

Add filters to a corporate storage and corporate vallet logs - who, when, what, how much.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

21 (edited by Annihilator 2011-09-27 12:00:11)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Mouse Tiger wrote:

current system is not confortable.

do you dump everything on c:\. before you start to work with it? Or do you open files for processing in a specific folder? And im pretty sure your OS dumps stuff in a dedicated \temp folder

In perpetuum that would mean:
- having a dedicated working-folder for each Facility
- having a dedicated dumping folder for each facility

just not the storages MAIN folder where your Robot ends after each undock-dock procedure, or where you quick-dump your cargo.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

separate hangar for bots and other storage ? I don't have that many bots atm, but a collection will take some space.

also a ledd graphical option to display station container. f.e. a mode similar to other storage view. something more compact and less space wasting.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Mouse Tiger wrote:

At the moment manufacturing ingredients, completed market orders, things I want to trade all have to be in the same place. and often they auto stack.

I often sell/trade items which I thought I had a too many of, only to find that they were needed by a factory.

User Interface:

The ability to drop items into a folder without opening it would be a great little improvement.

This is a useful list, keep it up.

I doubt I came up with this first, but it might be a good addition:

- configurable alarms when your armor goes down (75%, 50%, 25%)

Also:

- flickering lights on outposts, like the rest of Nia's structures (this was confirmed a bug)