Topic: Noralgis ground inproving

I like almost all the limits/rewards of risking some NIC to try and pull some high end harvesting but there is one thing that I think this activity needs.

Right now Noralgis needs fertile ground to grow and this makes perfect sense.  To find ground that can accommodate this plant, you have to look for other plants that already grow in an area.  This is fine except that the enjoyment of this risky activity is trying to HIDE where you have your crop.

If you have been on an island for long enough, it gets somewhat obvious where "good" spots are and therefore where to search for others little gardens.

I propose that there is a way to "fertilize" or "improve ground fertility" so that after a certain soil conditioning (say 3 separate cycles of a product) is applied or worked into an area, you could proceed with deploying a Noralgis incubator.

This change would let you find a nice place to risk the investment, cultivate the area then give it a go with plants.  It would also move locations of potential gardens and add to the secretive nature of this high risk activity.

Would be cool to take a place that is never traveled, even on concrete (wink, wink) and drop some incubators....

Re: Noralgis ground inproving

This is a nice idea, not sure if that works with the game mechanics, but maybe they can put in a second type of incubator that doesn't require the same conditions.

I haven't tried to hide one of these anywhere yet nor seen one so I have a quick question.

Do incubators show up on the landmarks list?

Nope.

But as the plant gets older, it becomes more distinctive, and easier to spot from a distance. In all other aspects it functions just like any other harvestable plant.

The main issue is that it only grows near plants that are easily recognizable in themselves.  So if you plant Nor in a good grove of those plants, it will be the first place others will look also.  Hence the risk of growing it altogether.

That is why creating a way to fertilize otherwise unusable ground, to allow it to grow would add to ones ability to hide its location.  But like now, it still can be found and plundered.

The other issue is that harvest bots and Mechs are a dead giveaway to a Nor garden.  Another sweet fix might be to give harvest machines a natural 50% visibility/detect-ability buff.  No stumbling onto someone harvesting just by getting within 1K of them....

As an alternative, may make these plants hidden (like potatoes). Detection using geo-scanners and / or with weak landmarks. Without the possibility of destruction with weapons.

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...

Hunter wrote:

As an alternative, may make these plants hidden (like potatoes). Detection using geo-scanners and / or with weak landmarks. Without the possibility of destruction with weapons.

thats acatually i rather good idea.
one of the biggest issues i have with noralgis is the ability to shoot it down, no need to bring harvesting/mining gear to get rid of other players investments.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

My suggestion is leave as is (it's annoying but doable), then wait for POS.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I would like to bump this topic to get some more input.  Being able to grow nor in areas that currently are not able to support the plant would be nice.  Most areas that are suitable for this activity are known by all artifact hunters and therefore exposed easily.  As we all hope population grows, this issue will only get worse.

Other Idea:
Introduce a hybrid Oryovia. (can plant but only has a 4-7 day life cycle before disappearing)

We all know that the sole purpose of this un-harvestable plant is to shield the shinning, glowing gold beacon of NIC that is Norgalis so allow ones to put up a little vision screen to their Nor site.  As noted above, when the Nor life cycle ends...6 days ish, then the hybrid Oryovia goes away also.

The way I see this working: Find a spot for a garden of Nor. Cultivate the area by applying fertalizer pelets to the area (initial, then second application 8 hrs later)  After the second 8 hr cycle, plant your nor in a nice pattern (not touching as this kills them).  Then plant some hybrid Oryovia to attempt to make the area look natural but hide the glowing gold balls of Nor that will popping up in the next few days.

Lets say the ground stays fertile for 2-3 weeks then has to be re cultivated or moved to avoid detection.

Also, Oryovia, needs to be able to be targeted and shot, removing it for the fertile ground.

one last thing, we can scan for ore deep in the planet, but cant drop a probe to see fertile ground for growing plants on the serface?  Why do we have to try to drop an incubator to get a "too steep" or "not intended for that application" notice.  Let me drop a scan probe and see what tile best fits for my gardening needs... cool

Is this going to far?  Or do I look at Perp as a gardening simulator? tongue

Son, it appears you are addicted to Norgalis. Time for an interventionm

Some good ideas, though.
Btw, squad up with me so I can follow you to your secret gard..... Err because you seem like a really cool guy to play with.
yarr
tongue

there are loads of places to grow noralgis on alpha islands i have planted loads and not had one found yet and i plant them in groups of 9 at a time. there is no need for fertilizer, just go find an out of the way spot there are loads.

JoJo McNugget wrote:

there are loads of places to grow noralgis on alpha islands i have planted loads and not had one found yet and i plant them in groups of 9 at a time. there is no need for fertilizer, just go find an out of the way spot there are loads.

Well you have had good fortune my friend.  I agree that there are places to be sucessful with this plant, but as population grows that will not be the case.

I also grow (as is obvious by the topic) but I have had mulitiple places *** and have *** a bunch of Alpha plants myself. 

This post is to try and be proactive as population grows, traffic grows, areas to do this activity shrinks.

BTW for the record I grow for medical purposes only! roll