Topic: A simple recipe for victory

1) Wrong:
You many time collect resources (lots of resources). You learn the technology (kernels). You spend lots of time to up the skills (extensions). You build a heavy mech/mk2 mech/etc.

2) Correct:
You do not pay for the game. Create a trial account. Find same 5-10 trials.

In the first case, you lose time and money. In the second you do not lose anything. Your loss is nothing compared to the loss of one heavy robot. Also you do not have to spend money.

You don't need to wait. Register and have a fun! The game is free! smile

Re: A simple recipe for victory

A 15 day trial will not let you experience the game anywhere close to what subscribing does.
Stop being bitter that people don't like you.

If you're trying to make a point then make it but saying "Trails are free so I am going to make lots of them because I am bored if playing with heavy mechs" then so be it. It's your choice.

Ask any new player and they'll say that the 15 day trial is not enough to really get into the game. Even after 30 days you're no closer to see the full picture.

Prime wrote:

A simple recipe for victory

where!!:o

Prime wrote:

Register and have a fun!

+1

I don't get your point? Most trial players are complaining about the limitations.

4 (edited by Jasdemi 2011-09-23 11:52:30)

Prime wrote:

1) Wrong:
You many time collect resources (lots of resources). You learn the technology (kernels). You spend lots of time to up the skills (extensions). You build a heavy mech/mk2 mech/etc.

2) Correct:
You do not pay for the game. Create a trial account. Find same 5-10 trials.

In the first case, you lose time and money. In the second you do not lose anything. Your loss is nothing compared to the loss of one heavy robot. Also you do not have to spend money.

You don't need to wait. Register and have a fun! The game is free! smile

TLDR: I'm so damn poor, that I can't afford to pay 8€ per MONTH for my hobby.

5 (edited by Prime 2011-09-23 12:24:58)

Ok.. I will try to explain in other words:
I've been playing for almost a year. I see that I'm just waste time. There is no sence in the progress. Construction of more expensive robots needs nobody. We are perfectly able to use the light robots, but that play is not interesting. And using of the heavy robots gives no advantage.

You are all happy because you just can not use heavy robots. I come to the line when I can use it, but there is no sense. I understand that developers want to attract more new players. But if ever leave the old players? ..

Seems he's trying to raise that HMech vs Lights Balancing things. Don't pay attention to him, please.

To prevent another tons of QQ, please close this thread right now.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I think that new players need to attract with a rich PVE content. Newbies on the lights or assault robots should not be a major force in PvP.

Maybe you can just unsub, btw thanks for the joke.

So heavy bots give no advantages? Well i think they are not better value than for example assault bots, because they are so expensive...correct, BUT you can only pilot one bot at a time and what would be better...10 HMechs or 10 assaults?

Also HMechs are vulnerable to EW (not more than other bots...but also not less) so they need support or must be used in big enough numbers. One alone can not and should not be able to defeat a squad of smaller bots that use EW. The key is teamwork and tactics. Heavy Mechs are not always the best tool to use and why should they as long as they are useful in some aspects (and they are...defenses for example or other stationary warfare with large(ish) groups involved).

I do see some very minor things i personally would change about heavy Mechs (more HP and a bit faster cap recharge) but apart from that they are in line with other bots...perhaps a bit expensive, but the are the "top of the line" models and these always have bad value for money.

Still even if HMechs were total crap i still don't understand why driving an assault is no fun?

dude, post as hunter (yeah, that hunter), you're not fooling anybody big_smile

another Hunter post ? I guess CHAOS is a one man corporation. Hunter and his alts.

on one side, we have lemon, complaining that he can one-shot any bot up to assault, or ewar mech with his heavy mech, once he got a full lock,

and on the other side, we have the chaos production that complains that their heavy mechs fitted with weeks worth of material, die to cheap assaults/light bots that get supported by a single trained Ewar pilot. 

think its time for those damn ewar resist modules, that have been announced some time ago, last time with the re-nerf of the ECCM modules.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

13 (edited by Prime 2011-09-23 17:43:32)

yep, this is Hunter's alt (there is no secret)

Guys... You do not understand something. Your trolling will not stop me. I will insist on the idea of the superiority of heavy robots and expensive equipment. I want to use expensive equipment and have advantage against noobs in t1 assaults.

Such topics will be created again and again.

(damned google translate)

If you want to make the topic/point then make it Intelligently.
I agree that making one wrong move or being caught with your pants down sucks. But realistically should 1 HM be able to kill 10+ assaults solo?
Then increase that to 10 heavy mechs (Not hard to do) should they really be able to take on 100+ assaults at once?

Balance should never be linear. Armour should be much much larger across the board. Repairs should take longer. Demobs should be longer range but the range should not be increasable. Demobs should have a chance to backfire and effect the person using them (Low chance but stops demob spam in large groups) or demobs should have a reflection chance rather than reduction on modules.

15 (edited by Prime 2011-09-23 18:05:25)

Alexander wrote:

But realistically should 1 HM be able to kill 10+ assaults solo?

Actually it should.
You ask: "Why?"
Answer: "Because it's Heavy mech"

Do you understand words "Heavy", "Expensive" etc?

Alexander wrote:

Then increase that to 10 heavy mechs (Not hard to do) should they really be able to take on 100+ assaults at once?

Here you are linear.

The issue is 1 heavy mech can take on 10 stupid assaults without ewar.
Nerf ECM to be powerful but against fewer targets so you can only knock out a select few rather than everyone.
And heavy mechs are not that expensive.
Guard your miners and build your own. In a week you could easily have enough minerals for a few heavy mechs for each person that mined. The real issue is people aren't mining as much as they are expected to because it's "Too Unsafe" because someone with heavy mechs might come along and kill you.

You have to risk losing something to risk winning. Don't risk it and just throwing it away is a waste. Heavy mechs are powerful and are expensive but can be over powered. If you wanna win Perpetuum you need 30+ people ready to take expensive stuff and lose some of it.

17 (edited by Prime 2011-09-23 18:46:35)

Alexander wrote:

The issue is 1 heavy mech can take on 10 stupid assaults without ewar.
Nerf ECM to be powerful but against fewer targets so you can only knock out a select few rather than everyone.
And heavy mechs are not that expensive.
Guard your miners and build your own. In a week you could easily have enough minerals for a few heavy mechs for each person that mined. The real issue is people aren't mining as much as they are expected to because it's "Too Unsafe" because someone with heavy mechs might come along and kill you.

You have to risk losing something to risk winning. Don't risk it and just throwing it away is a waste. Heavy mechs are powerful and are expensive but can be over powered. If you wanna win Perpetuum you need 30+ people ready to take expensive stuff and lose some of it.

sophistry.... yeah-yeah-yeah... t1 assaults, ewars, etc... Old players go away or sit to same assaults.... This game for new players. Your EP - is your problem. Your heavy mech - same. Progress, concept development - too hard. We've got to be easier.

Light - assualt - mech - Heavy mech

This is NOT a progression path, there are no vertical progressions in Perpetuum.

The exact arguement was the subject of another very long post about how Mechs should wtfpwn assaults and lights.

All these robots are simply tools in the character's arsenal, they are not your character. It is up to the character to choose the best tool for the encounter, not for 1 tool to be correct for all encounters.

Let go of this misconception that you've 'leveled' up to the hmech and these discussions will be resolved.

Chaos not satisfied that mechs and medium equipment have too high cost and not high efficiency.
Solution: Increase power of medium equipment, or decrease cost of mechs and medium equipment.

You can say "Dont like noobs, dont play it", but you should noticed how many time we spend to build and test this machines.

I'm not saying anyone's a newb.

Simply that bots are not a character progression path.

There should not be any 1 build of any bot that can be used in all circumstances, which - and excuse me if i'm misunderstanding, is what is being requested.

PVP, players are free to choose fits and group as they want. To make the Hmech the most powerful and unstoppable bot in the game it would require it to be powerful enough to counter anything that other players, which spend lots of time and NIC developing fits, can think up.

Maybe the devs should simply remove the categorization, that will remove the arbitrary distinction between mech and heavy mech.

Spending time and NIC finding and improving fits is part of the game.

21 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2011-09-24 01:54:49)

Arga wrote:

Light - assualt - mech - Heavy mech

This is NOT a progression path, there are no vertical progressions in Perpetuum.

The build and ep costs in subsystem/control seem to be implying currently it actually IS a progression path for some roles.

New players in lights are not the ones killing the veteran player's bigger mechs.  Its the EP-heavy pro players like myself in expensive light bots with highly researched gear, doing most of the killing.

EP works and the teched-out gear works... it seems maybe you as a player don't work...

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

The build and ep costs in subsystem/control seem to be implying currently it actually IS a progression path for some roles.

Yes you need to put additional EP into robot control to drive the larger bots and more EP into accumulator, reactor and CPU to fit them, and you can certainly think of adding more tools to your arsenal as progression. But the concept that reaching t4 fit hmech is the end of the progression and should be the most powerful setup in the game is an incorrect view. That's one path that someone has chosen to progress along, but if someone else chooses to progress basic robotics and small weapons for an assault, they should get just as much 'usefullness' out of spending EP that way as the plyaer choosing to progress heavy mechs. And they will also end up putting EP into accumulator, reactor, and CPU.

I'm fighting the progression prejudice that bigger has to be better.

Hunter, go play Mechwarrior 4 Mercs, hop into a Fafnir or a Daishi, and go to town.  You'll be in heavy mech heaven.  You're probably not going to get what you're after in Perpetuum because the game isn't built around pure vertical progression with robots.  The devs are clearly trying to create and keep niche's for each class of robot.

You're absolutely right that more expensive gear should absolutely trump cheaper gear, but I couldn't disagree more about linear robot progression.

tl:dr Hunter doesn't understand anything about balancing, believes Heavy Mechs should be an I win button and thinks new players should preferably be banned from beta or if not should immediately blow up if he looks at them funny.