Re: New NPC spawn...WTF

Trayk wrote:

This NPC "Nerf" needs to be reversed. My favorite spot atm WAS 1- t3 Ictus, 1-t3 Tyrannos, 1-t3 Gropho and 1-t4 Gropho. It was a great spawn to farm. I was able to make ~4m per hour on it in plasma and goodies. Now the patch, its now spawning more lights and assaults than mech/HM and ranges from Servant to Hero (t1-t4). The tests so far Ive averaged about ~2m per hour in plasma and goodies with the amount of ammo expended remaining about the same.

Nice Nerf. Devs you need to put it back. I LIKED the random spawns and thought they were fun, but I also like some of the dynamic spawns, the way it was before the last patch. Just like the candy bar, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...GIVE US OUR CHOICES BACK!!!!!!

This will make the Kernel grind even more painful. The more I think about this the angrier I get. Its like they want to penalize the newer players even more.  mad

All it seems you are complaining about is how they penalized you............. Boo Hoo.. You can't sit back and milk a NIC cow without some effort. Sorry for you loss.... well not really!

IMHO, the full on random spawns are good for new players. I remember how horrible it was when I joined a corp (2 weeks into the game) and moved to a different island and only had 1 or 2 spawns I could solo. Now even the new players can have variety on any island they are on. Heck- the low ep toons will actually be useful to have around for killing the small bots in the random spawns.... Oh wait.. That means you will have to share. They shouldn't be limited because you want a NIC faucet. They shouldn't be limited by the fact that they don't have an alt account boosting, repping or tanking in a lithus/termis/riveler like so many people do....

Inappropriate signature.

27 (edited by Trayk 2011-09-23 21:44:02)

Scyylla wrote:
Trayk wrote:

This NPC "Nerf" needs to be reversed. My favorite spot atm WAS 1- t3 Ictus, 1-t3 Tyrannos, 1-t3 Gropho and 1-t4 Gropho. It was a great spawn to farm. I was able to make ~4m per hour on it in plasma and goodies. Now the patch, its now spawning more lights and assaults than mech/HM and ranges from Servant to Hero (t1-t4). The tests so far Ive averaged about ~2m per hour in plasma and goodies with the amount of ammo expended remaining about the same.

Nice Nerf. Devs you need to put it back. I LIKED the random spawns and thought they were fun, but I also like some of the dynamic spawns, the way it was before the last patch. Just like the candy bar, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...GIVE US OUR CHOICES BACK!!!!!!

This will make the Kernel grind even more painful. The more I think about this the angrier I get. Its like they want to penalize the newer players even more.  mad

All it seems you are complaining about is how they penalized you............. Boo Hoo.. You can't sit back and milk a NIC cow without some effort. Sorry for you loss.... well not really!

IMHO, the full on random spawns are good for new players. I remember how horrible it was when I joined a corp (2 weeks into the game) and moved to a different island and only had 1 or 2 spawns I could solo. Now even the new players can have variety on any island they are on. Heck- the low ep toons will actually be useful to have around for killing the small bots in the random spawns.... Oh wait.. That means you will have to share. They shouldn't be limited because you want a NIC faucet. They shouldn't be limited by the fact that they don't have an alt account boosting, repping or tanking in a lithus/termis/riveler like so many people do....

I can expect this kind of talk for someone in one of the "old" corps. Your protoyper probably had everything researched long ago, so screw the newcomers. And since your in a commie corp you don't have to worry about buying your own gear, so screw small corps, solo players too. Nice attitude comrade.

Pathetic whiners.
Dynamic spawns ftw!

Grim Faust wrote:

Making all the spawns random was a bad idea imo. When I want to go out and hunt mechs/hm's, I fit accordingly and bring out my mech/hm. Same if I wanted to go grind some of my favorite assault spawns, I'll pull out my assault. Now I have to go up against whatever I'm lucky enough to get? I like that there are random spawns, but making ALL spawns random is ridiculous. The way it was prior to yesterdays patch was all we needed. We had flavor. We could go to static spawns when we wanted something specific, or go to a random and grind for elites. Now we have no choice? I dislike the random spawns because of the meshing between lights/assaults and mechs/hm's. Small bots are annoying as hell to kill in mech+ and trying to grind mech+ in an assault is also frustrating at best. Not to mention kernel farming is pretty much trashed now. Who cares if we get piles of lighter bots to offset them not being larger. Who the hell wants light/assault kernels when they're past reasearching those?

What possessed you guys to take away the variety we had between static and random to completely random? What purpose does it serve? Do you understand how it will effect the research when we cant go for the kernels we need? Do you understand how annoying it is to throw all bot sizes in to one spawn? Do you understand how you took a somewhat decent solo PvE aspect of the game and trampled it in to a '1 size fits all' spawn? Why don't you do that for minerals to? Do you think miners would like it if they had to just randomly pluck resources they dont want?

This pretty much says exactly what I was thinking.  I liked having some random spawns to go to, but I liked the more static ones also.  The fitting for what you are fighting is an issue, and wasting more Nic on ammo just to kill the light bots and hope it generates a mech it lame.

I also farmed a now random spawn today for 2 hours and it only spawned ONE "mighty" bot.  Totally not worth fighting like this spot used to be.

This change needs some reconsideration!

Trayk wrote:
Scyylla wrote:
Trayk wrote:

I can expect this kind of talk for someone in one of the "old" corps. Your protoyper probably had everything researched long ago, so screw the newcomers. And since your in a commie corp you don't have to worry about buying your own gear, so screw small corps, solo players too. Nice attitude comrade.

It is a great attitude to have!

Wasn't but a day or 2 ago that I needed to buy some mods off the market the corp couldn't produce...
Perhaps you should look a bit more into the corp before you make assumptions broski!

Every ounce of research I have done on this toon has been accomplished by grinding for myself and I support full random spawns. Unlike you, I dont want to put signs on the NIC faucet excluding the new players.. I remember what it was like to be one.. Do you??

Inappropriate signature.

DEVs are you playing this game, 'cause some changes look like they were pulled out of the a... unknown void. I tested those random spawns and I was *** whole time, because they are too freaking random. I wanted to farm rank 3 mechs and I've get Rookie (r1 - ?) lights, yeah ofc they were like 5 but who the *** cares about numbers when I need to use more missiles to kill those 5 npc and get so *** loot I was to cry or log off.

Idea is cool you failed at delivering hmm Its too random so you cant really farm what you need tech/module wise. I can only thank you that Thelodica spawn somehow doesnt spawn Nuimqol.

In the end, fix asap. Thank you in ahead.

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

wait - the whole whining about those spawn changes is about farming kernels, right?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

wait - the whole whining about those spawn changes is about farming kernels, right?

Is about farming stuff in general, like specific modules, kernels etc.

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

There's people who farm rats for profit and they want things as constant as possible to reduce hassles. They will complain about tediousness but stick at it since they are a means to an end.

There's people who kill rats for entertainment. They want variety, fun. They will eventually complain about tediousness and won't stick at them because they are the end on themselves.

If you fully satisfy one group you will dissatisfy the other. Same with missions. You can add as much variety as you want but eventually they will repeat themselves too much to bore the second group, faster than you can add content, and they will complain about having nothing to do. And then you have both groups complaining. How much mission variety has That Game? Wooo Worlds Collide again!

Also, averages mean nothing without the median and/or the standard deviation. And we players like to complain tongue

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

There's people who farm rats for profit and they want things as constant as possible to reduce hassles. They will complain about tediousness but stick at it since they are a means to an end.

There's people who kill rats for entertainment. They want variety, fun. They will eventually complain about tediousness and won't stick at them because they are the end on themselves.

If you fully satisfy one group you will dissatisfy the other. Same with missions. You can add as much variety as you want but eventually they will repeat themselves too much to bore the second group, faster than you can add content, and they will complain about having nothing to do. And then you have both groups complaining. How much mission variety has That Game? Wooo Worlds Collide again!

Also, averages mean nothing without the median and/or the standard deviation. And we players like to complain tongue

Prior to the most recent patch there was a good mix, both old style and new style spawns. I farmed both types at times and enjoy both. But essentially they NERFED spawns with the upgrade. IF i want to farm lights/assaults I used to be able to, same with mech/heavies...now they bundle them all up together and it is a pita. I still need certain types of Kernels for research, the piles of low end kernels I get from what used to be a great spot for mech/HM kernels for example, really sucks. Add to that the same spot used to yeild ~4m per hour in plasma and goodies, now its > 2m per if your lucky. Insult to injury.

36 (edited by Tasai 2011-09-24 10:10:48)

Trayk wrote:

This NPC "Nerf" needs to be reversed. My favorite spot atm WAS 1- t3 Ictus, 1-t3 Tyrannos, 1-t3 Gropho and 1-t4 Gropho.  Its like they want to penalize the newer players even more.  mad

newer players don't farm t4 grophoes tongue

Tasai wrote:

Newer (and/or solo) players usually dont farm on beta...its not a general problem with the new mechanic but a balancing problem of certain spawns.

Tasai wrote:
Trayk wrote:

This NPC "Nerf" needs to be reversed. My favorite spot atm WAS 1- t3 Ictus, 1-t3 Tyrannos, 1-t3 Gropho and 1-t4 Gropho.  Its like they want to penalize the newer players even more.  mad

I have been playing for 4 months, so I have ~200k EP unlike the beta  types who have 500-600k so I consider my self newer. Plus a lot of the beta tester era folks have most of their research finished or nearly so, they got theirs prior to the kernel 50% nerf.

Did some more farming last night for almost 3 hours.  I was in a mech.  I really hate getting these lame light bot spawns in what used to be mech spawns.  I waste more Nic on ammo just trying to kill the light bots than they drop in plasma.

I miss a lot with my mech firing at these light bots.  Oh, and after a total of 5 hours yesterday, I got TWO "mighty" bots to spawn.... TWO??  Its also just great when you get randomness and fight a few waves of troiars....Yea they drop ~20 plasma each....

I totally liked it the way it was before.  I would farm ALL the spots, randoms, lights, mechs also. and I would fit appropriately for it.   No reason for ALL spawns, except missions, to be random.  Just no reason.  We had good random spawns before if we wanted. 

Please think about changing this back.

40 (edited by Dazamin 2011-09-25 03:24:05)

I would guess that the random spawns were a deliberate nerf to kernel farming, and at least in theory I support that idea, the problem is there are very few new players, so you have the old corps with full research and the newer corps who have a much harder time to get that research and have to compete against the old corps because there is NO ONE ELSE to fight. I believe the devs were surprised at how quickly research was completed and changed thing to slow it down (drop rate nerf, etc), this would be fine in a growing game with corps and players of various ages, but sucks with the game how it is. However it would probably be a bad idea for the devs to balance the game around the 200ish players that are actually playing, they do have to think long term and try to balance the speed of gaining research from now on.

I don't think anyone can seriously argue this has decreased the "fun" of farming, its just a (probably intentional) nerf to the speed of gaining kernels.

Personnaly i prefer fixed spawn, i can't remember a game with random spawn that's probably why i like fixed ones tongue
i don't care much about farming but when i did read about random spawn i thought it was a bad idea, what's the point of it ? make it more fun ? npc farm isn't funny at all, so this make farm just more annoying and more time consuming
So i think the best would be to have both kind of spawn, equal numbers and/or reducing randomize effect, a T4 spawn should not pop T1.

off - Once research completed, indus doesn't need kernels anymore ? there should be a constant need of those, someone who completed wouldn't need much, some from time to time.

I've been enjoying the random spawns quite a bit but they do need some tweaking. They're a little bit too random and the NPC levels are too variable. They are fun for group play with a mix of bot sizes but a bit annoying if you are wanting to fight with mechs as you need to deal with small stuff. The Beta spawns need a serious boost and we need some bigger spawns for groups to play with both on Alpha and Beta.

I was a bit annoyed with the wide spread of kernels at first as the random spawns keep throwing lower level stuff at me but its turning out quite good as I'm able to feed my corp mates kernels I don't need. It is going to take me a lot longer to get the research now though. I'm just going to have to drop the kernel grind mentality and blow stuff up for fun/profit and see what I get at the end.

There seem to be a lack of regular indi spawns though, I've only seen half a dozen in the last few days of heavy farming. It was already pretty hard to find indi kernels.

Kroth wrote:

There seem to be a lack of regular indi spawns though, I've only seen half a dozen in the last few days of heavy farming. It was already pretty hard to find indi kernels.

There used to be a Golden hauler static spawn on hersh, but it was removed with the updates to NPC's mad

Issues:
Static spawns can get boring after a while.
Roaming spawns are a threat against miners but protecting them in dull.
Random spawns are fun but not to everyone's liking.
Storyline assignments don't pay out enough for all the travelling required.

I have to add a thing

I guess there occured a bug while the spawns were transfered to random-mechanic. Here is why i think so:

Yesterday i farmed a spot that had under the old system: 3x 4star HMech +3x 4star Mech

Yesterday the best single spawn in over 2 hours of farming (not counting the new darkstar spawns - we got 3 in total) was 2x 4th star Mech (only one single time) or 1x 4th star mech (more often).

So I guess while the old level of the spawn was "remembered" the number of mechs were reduced to 1 for that level so that now - of course - there is a lot of room to spawn lower level groups. The most regular spawn were: 2x 5star Light, 3x 2star EWLight, 3x 1star HMech, 3x 2star Mech, 2x 3star Mech, 3x 2star EWMech and some others in the same region. I guess this is empirical proof that during the conversion of at least this spawn there occured an error.  It should be an easy fix.

This still doesnt solve the looming problem of gathering indu kernels...

Dazamin wrote:

However it would probably be a bad idea for the devs to balance the game around the 200ish players that are actually playing, they do have to think long term.

You are perfectly right, if the "long term" existence of the game is guaranteed....  and that is not the case sorry.

A "future vision of the game" dont pay the bills.

The bad idea would be to displease the actual players (and payers!) of this game. We are the only thing that separate them from bankrupt, remember it. Future players are, hmm, not existent at this time? (gratz captain obvious!)

I dont say "cater to the first guy that come complaining on the forums", but rather "dont add a motive of displeasure over the players head", on a game that seems to interest less and less peoples.

Mixed spawns (dynamic AND static) were pretty fine, there were something for everyone. If the change was made to halt the kernel flow, you are completely wrong guys.

If its a way to prepare next level of pve aspect like arga said, then consider my post obsolete.

you get your static, challanging static spawns when the "egg" system is released. hopefully thats sooner then later.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

you get your static, challanging static spawns when the "egg" system is released. hopefully thats sooner then later.

'egg' system?

Can I hatch a baby Seth?
Squeee! XD

Alexander wrote:

Issues:
Static spawns can get boring after a while.
Roaming spawns are a threat against miners but protecting them in dull.
Random spawns are fun but not to everyone's liking.
Storyline assignments don't pay out enough for all the travelling required.

Agree, basicly you cant now farm npc s! Devs made good thing, but its bad that nps  doesnt e-war sad . its little easy now!

Missing Ewar from NPCs is a bug that is on the fixing list.