Topic: Wildlife/natives

I would qualify this as low priority, maybe something for a side project or just generally food for thought, but as the story of Perpetuum (and thus, Nia) is getting richer, these island start to look a little empty. Think synthetic bunnies, if you will. I wouldn't let them drive mechanics, or even have them lockable (too small), just something to make the world richer and add more immersion.

Re: Wildlife/natives

It's a nice idea. I somehow imagine more snakelike creatures but anything as a side option, even if it's a client side effect only (To save server resources) I would be okay with this.

Need less barren land, more jungle like plantation etc... (or not)

Visioning sneaky light bot doing this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG6kUnX2eXg smile
( I know it wont happen: cilent, graphic requirement, server stress etc etc)

Electric eels in the oceans?

Think Dune, you are standing on the beach trying to pin down a salvage II site when the ground opens and a huge worm swallows you up!  Talk about the unexpected there!

that brings back memories of the perpetuum sea-monster big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

There's some part in the background story that describes the oceans being electrically charged because of gravity so that no life, robot or otherwise could exist there, and that it could be used as some sort of power source.. 

Because of the tremendous gravitational pull involved, and Nia's particularly dense core, the planet generates surprisingly large amounts of static electricity in its oceans, making them highly dangerous to anything which uses electricity in any form: robots or more traditional human life.

how the hell did the robots get on the different islands? hmm the teleporters must have been made by the other life that was once there, unless they have secret airplanes..

Annihilator wrote:

that brings back memories of the perpetuum sea-monster big_smile

That was THE BEST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

A snake, a snake!

a wild sequer has appeared

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

xXPhantomFenix wrote:

Need less barren land, more jungle like plantation etc... (or not)

agreed

the environment is terrible. no way around it. large empty areas as far as the eye can see

seashells.

of different shapes and rarity, found on the shores

It will be awesome if you can collect them and trade on market.

They should have no real use expect for collecting.

EDIT: also butterflies. Difficult to catch, though

seasons ... I mean I can just imagine a Waspish to slip on snow or ice and land on it's back helplesly waving his feet in the air and spining around :-))

Darylist wrote:

how the hell did the robots get on the different islands? hmm the teleporters must have been made by the other life that was once there, unless they have secret airplanes..

http://mcaaron.files.wordpress.com/2008 … tapult.jpg

I think what would make it more interesting is to have biomes. As someone posted above, there could be more stuff like jungles. Biomes such as this would also add more terrain to use during pvp.

Another Idea would be to have weather within the biomes, and the weather would actually impact you.

Example:
Biome: Tundra
Weather: Snow storm
Effect: 5% Speed Reduction

Its possible that the Nian S.C.T.I.L. (symbiots against the cruel treatment of ineffcient life) was formed and they transplanted all the bio-based lower life forms to sancuary islands, Zoo Islands as well as non-functional plant life.

After a few years they realized it was a waste of resources and basically stopped using the TP, but the Symbiots can still access it...