51 (edited by Hunter 2011-09-16 12:24:14)

Re: Observers

Line wrote:

/signed

oh really? lol

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...

Egil wrote:

We seriously need some moderation of these forums.

we need an official forum language that's actualy enforced ... it takes too much work for me to transcribe all that azbuka into something readable ...

Hunter wrote:
Line wrote:

/signed

oh really? lol

I think Calvin was refering to you in the end ...

Hugh Ruka wrote:
Egil wrote:

we need an official forum language that's actualy enforced ... it takes too much work for me to transcribe all that azbuka into something readable ...

How about a blocking function? Just type in the names of the players which posts you rather don't read.
Self-moderated!

Moderation is always handy, but could we get back to the topic?

I agree with the risk you take to deploy each time. And that risk is getting blownup (yes evenf or miners).
But as I see it the biggest problem are the SO that are hard to near impossible to avoid or run away from. Or you have to drop everything on a miner for speed. This I don't think is a healthy balance. You should be able to still reap decent rewards if you fit for survival of the SO. How this is done depends on how the devs want to balance them out.

However the devs should still avoid it to make them the most profitable farming for combat orientated players. It will be hard balance to find, but I'm sure with the feedback in this topic and perhaps a discussion where the devs would join in would bring in a desirable result for all.

... or simply call it working as intended where superior observers don't target you if you stand still.

Arga wrote:

... or simply call it working as intended where superior observers don't target you if you stand still.

From observations it's obvious that the Nianis suffers from serious ADHD, since they never cease to move it isn't that weird that they interpret everything that doesn't move as a non-hostile vegetable (not worth wasting ammo on).

Or we could get a module that makes your bot look like a palm tree and stationary for three hours?

Bananfluga wrote:

Or we could get a module that makes your bot look like a palm tree and stationary for three hours?

This module would be a perfect reward for the "Mine 1B ore without moving" achievement!

Egil wrote:
Hugh Ruka wrote:
Egil wrote:

How about a blocking function? Just type in the names of the players which posts you rather don't read.
Self-moderated!

That's not the point. Hunter has some decent ideas sometimes (they are just few and far between).

btw are there any other Observers than Superior ones ? I never ran into another type ...

Yes, there are grand observers which can be spawned by artifact hunting.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

Yes, there are grand observers which can be spawned by artifact hunting.

but that answers my question that the island roaming ones are only Superior ....

nope, there are grands too.

actually it should be a chance of 3:1 that its a grand observer roaming on alpha 2.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

What happened, was that the grand observers got killed and replaced by the superiors, which don't get killed, resulting in mostly superiors roaming.

I have actually seen more GO's around, probably because of the lower particapation levels, allowing the GO's to actually roam around a little before getting killed?

Hugh Ruka wrote:

btw are there any other Observers than Superior ones ? I never ran into another type ...

You can find Observer, Grand Observer and Super Observer.
They are like 1., 2. and 3. Stars. Don't know if there are Observers equal to 4. and 5. Star atm but maybe they come with new Islands/Mechs (I heared somethink about a "Destroyer" class Mech).

Well we took down a bunch of observers last night on beta.

We did lose 1 person who got too close, but with a large squad with enough ewar and dps, it was not a problem really though we had a couple close calls.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

Well we took down a bunch of observers last night on beta.

We did lose 1 person who got too close, but with a large squad with enough ewar and dps, it was not a problem really though we had a couple close calls.

Anything, including Lemon and Pit Fiend, can die to the right amount of bots/ ewar.
I am curious what type of observers they were, Superior or Supreme? I had a friend pop an Observer III site on Beta, get instalock and die to the 3 Observers that spawned. Since Alpha Observer III sites spawn a Grand Mech and Assualt, I was curious what the Beta site spawned?

Sundial wrote:

with a large squad with enough ewar and dps

You just need a HM for the DPS, a EW mech for remote sensor amp support and EW, and your ready to kill any type of observers. 2 pilots is enough with skill ^^

69 (edited by Kaldenines 2011-10-05 10:16:38)

There are two separate issues here:

1) Players that have no intension of fighting an observer getting popped or losing their container due to it timing out.

First, I think Observers should be easy to avoid, especially on alpha where it's become a case of knowing where they tend to go.  This means reducing their agro range and possibly decreasing their masking.  Also I think they should show up in a different colour on the map/overview.  The current gameplay mechanic of having to check the names of the NPCs is not that problematic but its annoying and nothing is being gained from it.

Second, roaming spawn speed should be slightly increased.  Deployed container life times should be slightly increased.

2) The combat power of the observer once engaged
I don't really care about this one tongue

p.s. I actually think that NPCs as powerful as observers should not move around on alpha, they should stay put.
p.p.s. Maybe these suggestions would not work in practice but I think it wouldn't hurt to try.

+1
-Confucius

to come back to the reason i have started this topic:

- yes to roaming ncps
- yes to roaming npcs that actually attack
- yes to roaming npcs that move at a higher speed
- yes to roaming npcs that provide a desired target for combat agents
- NO to artifical overpowered roaming NPCs
- NO to artifical extraordinary loot drop from artifical overpowered NPC

A lone miner should be a DEAD miner if he gets cought by a roaming ncps group unprepared
(=all headslots full with indu tunings + all legslots full with accu equipment)
The lone miner should have no issues defending against that roaming npc group IF prepared
(= defense equip + weapon slot used)

reason that it is not: PvP QQ crowd... -> my recent post in another topic

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear