Topic: My dream patchnotes

Writing it like this to punctuate it more of fixes/improvements I believe would make the game more enjoyable, attract more players, and reduce frustration:

Patch 1.2345 notes:

- All robots are now equipped with a teleport button to their bound station.  It is on a 1-hour timer.  When activating, you must stand still and wait a 30 second timer to prepare for the teleport.

- Speed of all robots has been increased 20% across the board to mitigate the extremely long time commitments between certain missions, objectives and map locations.

- Containers on the ground will now be highlighted orange to the person it belongs to or has first looting rights to.  All others will be remain white.

- Rewards for level 2 missions and up have been increased substantially to make up for the time completion and difficulty imbalance between easier and faster level 1 missions.

- When mining or harvesting, a quantity shows on the targeted tile display of how much is remaining of that resource before being depleted.

- Repair costs for loot are reduced substantially to make it more viable to repair and sell on the market at a profit.

- A new extension reduction allowance (1 per week) is implemented and allows players to pick an extension to reduce by 1 level and regain their points back.  This will allow players a slow transition to new skillsets of their choice and also removes the impacts of any accidental training and unexpected patch adjustments to extension bonuses.

2 (edited by Snowstyle 2010-12-06 05:29:22)

Re: My dream patchnotes

These patch notes are amazing. I would also like to add one of my own.

In order to remove the confusion of tiered modules their names have been colored:
-T4 will be purple
-T3 will be blue
-T2 will be green
-Standard modules will remain white.
-Syntec modules will be grey.

All NPCs will also now drop T4 modules.

3 (edited by Weapon X 2010-12-06 05:53:45)

I can see the teleport being abused.

The rest looks good though.

Add,

Better security for containers so they can't be hacked in <5m.

Asset list feature.

Set all corp member relations to friendly.

Calculator has been added in terminal.

Server has been relocated to a better facility with network traffic optimization

- Base building is now implemented.

- Terraforming modules and charges have been added.

- AOE weapons have been added.

- All structures are now buildable by players.  All beta structures have been removed except for the Alpha teleports.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

- All structures are now buildable by players.  All beta structures have been removed except for the Alpha teleports.

*Drools*

Here I will add one...

- Customisable skins for Bots added.

Tom Hawkens wrote:

Writing it like this to punctuate it more of fixes/improvements I believe would make the game more enjoyable, attract more players, and reduce frustration:

Patch 1.2345 notes:

- All robots are now equipped with a teleport button to their bound station.  It is on a 1-hour timer.  When activating, you must stand still and wait a 30 second timer to prepare for the teleport.

- Speed of all robots has been increased 20% across the board to mitigate the extremely long time commitments between certain missions, objectives and map locations.

- Containers on the ground will now be highlighted orange to the person it belongs to or has first looting rights to.  All others will be remain white.

- Rewards for level 2 missions and up have been increased substantially to make up for the time completion and difficulty imbalance between easier and faster level 1 missions.

- When mining or harvesting, a quantity shows on the targeted tile display of how much is remaining of that resource before being depleted.

- Repair costs for loot are reduced substantially to make it more viable to repair and sell on the market at a profit.

- A new extension reduction allowance (1 per week) is implemented and allows players to pick an extension to reduce by 1 level and regain their points back.  This will allow players a slow transition to new skillsets of their choice and also removes the impacts of any accidental training and unexpected patch adjustments to extension bonuses.

I like the teleport idé, but it could be an module that allows it, and instead of an hour cycle it could be useing some ''fuel''  similar to eve's cyno jumps? but then. right now the world is not that big?

Yeah something needs to be done with the containers. They are kindy messy atm.

-  Arkhes no longer affect kill counts, being killed or being used to kill.

On the other hand, that may hinder me being the Most Dangerous Agent.  Scratch that one.

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

8 (edited by C C 2010-12-06 13:53:37)

Tom Hawkens wrote:

Patch 1.2345 notes:

Sounds good. Now if only these came out in the real patch notes.

Tom Hawkens wrote:

Patch 1.2345 notes:

Some excellent, well thought out ideas that genuinely would improve/enhance the gameplay. Great ideas.

Only thing i would not change is the bot speed.

Everything else, brilliant!

Tom Hawkens wrote:

Say the effect of the extension "engineering/energy management" was reduced from 3% to 1% for whatever reason. To be honest, the impact wouldn't be big if it were done today, because not many ppl have upgraded this extension to level 8 or 10. But such change would mess up things pretty badly when done half a year into the future. Miners would have to reduce the cycle time of their miner/harvester modules multiple times to avoid acc depletion. This would take months if you would only be able to reduce one level per month.

So I hope such a change will never happen or all EP of the corresponding extensions will be redeemed.

I believe ep was refunded when an extension changed drastically in beta. It's the only fair solution that allows you to redistribute points spent on that skill.

Tom Hawkens wrote:

Patch 1.2345 notes:

I agree this would be a great start on moving forward with the game RIGHT NOW...

The biggest improvement(fix) that needs to be done here is the repair cost tbh. The mining a close second.

Wow this is good stuff.. Is there a DEV with any insight on this list?

13 (edited by X Staax 2010-12-08 18:14:01)

Neoxx wrote:

And all this please!

p.s. Seriously a VAT (Value Added Tax)?? that needs to go.

14 (edited by Neoxx 2010-12-08 18:53:38)

X Staax wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

And all this please!

You can get VAT down to 2% with Tax Reduction.  There needs to be NIC sinks in place so we dont just get massive inflation with all the money coming from kernal sales to NPC.

Edit: inflation...

15 (edited by ProjectAngel 2010-12-08 19:01:19)

Neoxx wrote:

There needs to be NIC sinks in place so we dont just get massive deflation with all the money coming from kernal sales to NPC.

*Inflation

But yes, money sinks are a necessary evil.

Edit: Lol. tongue

Neoxx wrote:
X Staax wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

And all this please!

You can get VAT down to 2% with Tax Reduction.  There needs to be NIC sinks in place so we dont just get massive inflation with all the money coming from kernal sales to NPC.

Edit: inflation...

Oh I agree with the NIC sink, I guess my complaint is with the name smile

Thanks for the support guys.  I also like the additional ideas introduced above.  Let's quit our day jobs and become part of the dev team. smile

Tom

this is great idea, except

and i want to see rain in the game and forests, because lonely trees are look bad smile

Self destruct