Topic: NPC EW

Guys, don't you think you've gone completely over board with the NPC EW allocation? One group on the west coast of NV has not only demob and jamming, but energy drain as well.  With good skills and a load out tuned to their damage type, I managed to kill two assaults before I had to run (I was in one of my assaults).

Cap was totally drained and I'd taken more than 30% damage in that short time (even with natural (Bap) and active resist to their damage type). If its your intention to make solo farming as much of a PITA as possible, you've obviously succeeded.  My question is simply, why would you wish to do that?

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Re: NPC EW

Try kiting.

don't fail at PVE.

or fail at PVE and embrace it.

We at M2S try and maintain our quota of 1 bot loss per day to PVE.

Trap Card wrote:

Try kiting.

Been there, done that...These are missile bots, and I have to keep track of LOS since Bap is laser.  Did I mention they have energy drain?... I'll just cross this spawn off my list. Moving on.

Some NPC groups do seem to be a little overboard on their ewar capabilities.

Suggestion:
Official help document to list what NPC names and their rank can do.

E.g.

Rank 1 (Name):
Grunt - Armoured
Warrior - Damage

Etc depending what modules they have fitted without revealing their complete fitting or armour value.

One day I'll get around to mapping out what each spawn means.

Ranks current are a simple bonus applied to the core NPC template.. E.g. Rookie = *0.75 armour (25% less armour) etc..

I like engaging those spawns, because it doesn't feel like farming. In fact, the spawn in question is a dynamic one, so there's all sorts of stuff coming my way. In some cases, I can take them down with two volleys, in other cases I spend the better part of 15 minutes luring one bot in, then take him down.

They feel like a challenge, which is good. There's plenty of spawns which you can actually farm of.

The selection in spawns are fine. Some are tough, some are not. No single bot color can be built to take them all on without a decent amount of EP and tier gear. Sure, you may not be able to take them out with a Baph, but I bet a ranged Wasp could. There are many spawns in many locations with terrain being a huge key depending on what color you're farming and what color you're riding. Take a look around the islands in a fast scout and find a suitable area and spawn to fight. Maybe even fit a chasis scanner so you can see what they have equipped and know what you're getting in to. I've been here since prerelease and I still do that from time to time if I get bored or want something new to fight. There is a good amount of easy, farmable spawns, you just need to find the one that's for you.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run

You're not supposed to be shooting green bots in your baph anyway. So stop that, durr.

Also, the jamming isn't tactical fun, it's annoying ***. I show up with a 700m range Artemis and get to play the oh they are coming run ok go back oh no run game when I could just be mining epi and making way more cash without the hassle.

So I just do that.

random spawns ftw!

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Spawns like that are intended for small groups and challenging solo.

So if your struggling to solo, move to an easier spawn or make some friends.

AeonThePiglet wrote:

You're not supposed to be shooting green bots in your baph anyway. So stop that, durr.

Also, the jamming isn't tactical fun, it's annoying ***. I show up with a 700m range Artemis and get to play the oh they are coming run ok go back oh no run game when I could just be mining epi and making way more cash without the hassle.

So I just do that.

Good points Aeon. Any miscommunication is entirely my fault. I meant EM(Arb). I use all three classes for farming various bots, and some times transpose them.  I shifted my load out and target selection and tactics around. I managed to destroy the entire spawn, but after two waves had to retreat to regen armor and energy. The loot isn't worth the down time, so I'm crossing this spawn off my list.

Trap Card wrote:

Try running.

^^What it said.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Wraithbane wrote:

Guys, don't you think you've gone completely over board with the NPC EW allocation? One group on the west coast of NV has not only demob and jamming, but energy drain as well.  With good skills and a load out tuned to their damage type, I managed to kill two assaults before I had to run (I was in one of my assaults).

Cap was totally drained and I'd taken more than 30% damage in that short time (even with natural (Bap) and active resist to their damage type). If its your intention to make solo farming as much of a PITA as possible, you've obviously succeeded.  My question is simply, why would you wish to do that?

hell, it's one of the main reasons i stop playing perp hmm

p.s. why complain about it when no one listens ?

Wraith, you were in an Arby then, farming Ped?

Should be no problem with proper kiting.
Also try your top slots Weap tuner, Sensor suppressor, Sensor amp.
T4 if possible of course.
I'm still a 2 month noob but that sen sup makes a huge difference.

I'm generally driving an Arby Mk2 now with an extra Weap tune on top but I may try out the same spawn and see, even with a regular Arby.

Immo wrote:

hell, it's one of the main reasons i stop playing perp hmm

p.s. why complain about it when no one listens ?

I think they listen, they just don't know what to do about it.. ewar has been toned down a lot (I haven't seen a 5 bot 3rd star cameleon spawn in ages) but completely removing it would mean all spawn instantly got easier to kill. Yes its annoying, but its getting better.