26 (edited by Annihilator 2011-09-06 11:42:18)

Re: DEV Zooom Rembursment policy comment

two facts:
1. its already fine that things get reimbursed
2. it doesn't matter on how many machines it doesn't crash, it matters on how many machines it does.
Its like the whining about balancing changes -> even if 90% of the playerbase welcome a change, the whining of the remaining 10% fills up the forums and chats everywhere, and leaving a bad impression for outsiders/newbies.

noone measures you by the good things you did, only your bad moves matter.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

fact three;

Using your accounts as a negotiating tool never works.

Fact 4:

They make creams to sooth your butthurt....

Seriously..... Be thankful that the Devs saw fit to reimburse you anything instead of waiting days to get a canned answer of no. The Dev and GM team in this game are leaps and bounds ahead of any other game I have played in regards to community relations...

Just dropping by to say hello..

Is it possible to check and see if a can was looted before it times out? If this was a simple process (bot destroyed -> loot to can #9847589349583 -> can was not looted before timing out) then it would be possible to reimburse the whole bot as you know no duplication happened. If it was looted then at least you have the 'someone else got to your stuff, sorry' to fall back on. I don't really mind either way I was just asking if this is something that's possible. I think the fact we actually get any reimbursements is pretty cool.

And on the subject of client crashes, I have on more than 1 occasion had 1 client drop connection while running 2 clients on the same box and been able to walk over to the disconnected bot and start repping it while I desperately try and get it reconnected. Given that both clients were on the same physical machine and one is still working just fine, you do get disconnected from time to time in this game that aren't you internet connection or PCs fault.. (I would love to help debug this but don't know how I can go about collecting debug info for the devs, I suspect it has something to do with combat logging as I have only ever had this happen while ratting and its always the client that's been doing the killing that drops)

If your can times out, means no one looted your can. You will get everything back.
I don't see the point of this thread

Alfredson wrote:

If your can times out, means no one looted your can. You will get everything back.

No, that's not true actually.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Alfredson wrote:

But it should be.

Alexander wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Alfredson wrote:

But it should be.

But it isn't....

All that means is your crafty (aka shady) players will just take all but 1 item from the can and then let it time out so their buddy/alt can get all his gear plus what was in the can......

Inappropriate signature.

Scyylla wrote:
Alexander wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

But it should be.

But it isn't....

All that means is your crafty (aka shady) players will just take all but 1 item from the can and then let it time out so their buddy/alt can get all his gear plus what was in the can......

Which isn't how I asked for it to work. It's obvious that the above is a flawed system with even explaining why. For the time being the current system is fine.

reading these posts above i got a clear fact: many of us crash often, more than normal avarage in other online game. i would have then expected (and suggested!) a more accomodating policy meanwhile devs solve it.

i am not using my four accounts as a counterpart in a negotiation. my intention was to express appreciation for the game, and paying for six months in advance was my way to demonstrate to devs i trusted this game and their job.a sort of incentive, four acco paid for six months means this guy really like the game, a  way to demonstrate appreciation. donnow if they get it or not.

as a matter of fact GM Blaster told me to write to support@perpetuum-online.com explaining the facts , as i did immediately, but they already passed two days with no reply fm them. i still wait their email to understand thier point of view. seems silly to me to create such a rumor, and make a customer unhappy, for a thing that could be solved in a while: just checking if someone else took my loot or not. if it was not possible to do, reason.. too many crashes! wink

Lonely Boy wrote:

reading these posts above i got a clear fact: many of us crash often, more than normal avarage in other online game. i would have then expected (and suggested!) a more accomodating policy meanwhile devs solve it.
How did you work that out? Many people said they RARELY crash if ever. It's just you and a few others that crash often and it's very likely unsupported hardware..

i am not using my four accounts as a counterpart in a negotiation. my intention was to express appreciation for the game, and paying for six months in advance was my way to demonstrate to devs i trusted this game and their job.a sort of incentive, four acco paid for six months means this guy really like the game, a  way to demonstrate appreciation. donnow if they get it or not.
Subscribing for 6 months is actually taking money away from the Devs. if you support the game you'd buy 6 single months at a time. If you just wanted a cheaper option to amassing EP you'd buy 6 months because it's cheaper. More for your money.

as a matter of fact GM Blaster told me to write to support@perpetuum-online.com explaining the facts , as i did immediately, but they already passed two days with no reply fm them. i still wait their email to understand thier point of view. seems silly to me to create such a rumor, and make a customer unhappy, for a thing that could be solved in a while: just checking if someone else took my loot or not. if it was not possible to do, reason.. too many crashes! winkTheir a small team of around 12 people and can't always reply instantly to all email messages. More focus should be placed on their email support but I don't think 2 days is a long time to wait for a reply and then to be given one on the forums many not only the players but also the devs. If you crash and you've reported it then that's all you can do. It can't be repeated, not everyone has the same crash as you and the devs are even nice enough to give back your stuff (Via an imperfect system but good none the less)

37 (edited by Lonely Boy 2011-09-08 16:16:54)

Subscribing for 6 months is actually taking money away from the Devs. if you support the game you'd buy 6 single months at a time. If you just wanted a cheaper option to amassing EP you'd buy 6 months because it's cheaper. More for your money.

well, when in a discussion it ends that some one don't listen what it said but tent to interpretate all as he wishes, sorry but this discussion loses attention for me, it doesn't interest me anymore.

so i close it here, as far as i concern. thanks all of you partecipating for your ideas and opinions, that i read with attention.

best regards to all.

Lonely Boy wrote:

well, when in a discussion it ends that some one don't listen what it said but tent to interpretate all as wishes, sorry but this discussion loose attention to me, it doesn't interest me anymore.

i close here, thaks all for your ideas that i read with attention.

best regards to all

You will be missed..

Or that's what I'd say if this was opposite day! big_smile

Nice to see a suggestion of mine put in, whether or not the idea to put in came from me or some other source.

Items dropped into the loot container after destruction can be manually reimbursed with a delay, if no other player has accessed the container.

Karism wrote:

Nice to see a suggestion of mine put in, whether or not the idea to put in came from me or some other source.

Items dropped into the loot container after destruction can be manually reimbursed with a delay, if no other player has accessed the container.

A very nice solution. smile

with that

/closed ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Who is Dev Zooom?

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Me running fast.

So...Dev Mooooooz

Is reverse smile

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

So...Dev Mooooooz

Is reverse smile

Wouldn't that be him running fast backwards? A skill the french has perfected. tongue

Lana Torrin wrote:

So...Dev Mooooooz

Is reverse smile

Wouldn't that be him running fast backwards? A skill the french has perfected. tongue

WTF are you talking about?  You should not speak about what you dont know anything, id liked to see you a rifle in hands going to a guaranteed death, easier to talk 70 yo bullshit...

Another brainwashed US kid if you ask me....  go save the world and make war to anything thats not on your side.

Cobalt wrote:
Lana Torrin wrote:

So...Dev Mooooooz

Is reverse smile

WTF are you talking about?  You should not speak about what you dont know anything, id liked to see you a rifle in hands going to a guaranteed death, easier to talk 70 yo bullshit...

Another brainwashed US kid if you ask me....  go save the world and make war to anything thats not on your side.

Typically all things not on your side ARE against you.

48 (edited by Alexander 2011-09-12 13:26:37)

Cobalt.
I think you need to take the internet a little less seriously. If you're offended then click the report button. A reply like that doesn't help the situation.

People seem to take things far more seriously than they need to.

Not all British have bad teeth (We've started correcting that at a younger age).
Not all Russians are drunk.
Not all French are cowards.
Not all Italians are in the Mafia.
Not all Americans are fat.
Not all Australians are murders.
Not all CIR are blobbers.
Not all M2S are cheaters.
Not all Hunters suggestions are terrible...

The list goes on and on.. Stereotyping is bad M-Kay?

Yeah sure i take things far too seriously.  The problem with history repeating, is that peoples tend to forget atrocities of war.

Cowardise of France, at a given time, cost many lives of innocents.
At those times its often surrender or die.  So im asking you, who make so funny jokes about french cowardise, to go ask jew family that lost so many members, i ask you to go see them, look them in the eyes and make the same joke. They will laugh for sure right?

Internet, where your absolutely NOT accountable for anything you say, need you to be EXTRA careful about who can be offended and why.

I wont report because i dont like delation.  I just try to explain why some jokes, heard or read by the good (or bad) person, can be REALLY offensive.

So please, just joke us french about froggies, about snails eaters or whatever you like. It even makes me laugh too when its subtle.  But a fact that cost so many lives, no, really i dont see where its funny.

Trap Card wrote:

Typically all things not on your side ARE against you.

Well in your mind maybe, but i hope majority of peoples dont have such a manichean way of thinking.

Your statement applies when theres only two opposing sides. Reality is much much more complex sorry.

Topic thoroughly discussed. Closed.