Topic: Random NPC spawns

We’re introducing new random NPC spawns, where you can’t really be sure what you’ll be up against next. The NPC ranks in one spawn will only vary by 1 or 2 levels and they are of the same faction, except for the occasional industrials.

These locations also have a small chance to spawn new elite NPCs. These have +50% health, but in turn have significantly better drop rates, 100% kernel drop chance, and they can even have up to 3 kernels instead of only one. The designations of the elite NPCs are "Rabid" for Thelodica, "Darkstar" in case of Nuimqol, and "Mighty" for Pelistals.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-08-25

Ok those spawns rock, its fun because you never know what spawns next and makes farming less repetitive. I like it and so does everyone i farmed with. GJ.

But how high is the chance that one of those Elite spawns? We spend ~2 Hours on a spawn and killed ~200/300 assorted T3-T5 lights/assaults/mechs/heavys but no elites spawned ;(.

Is it bugged or is the chance that one spawns really that low?

Re: Random NPC spawns

It is aimed for low chance, but if it is really needed, we will increase the chance, also in every patch we will replace more and more old spawns to new random spawns (mission related npcs won't be changed )

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

3 (edited by Cassius 2011-08-26 01:27:44)

Dev Alf, I understand the W.I.F.E. Npc mentioned in the patch notes is considered an Elite Spawn ..... Confirm?

Let me get this straight... Under the new system, the size and/or class is random? The size can be dealt with easier than the class. A different class would require an ammo change. Which means that stacks and stacks of different ammo would have to be on hand. Decreasing an already small cargo space. 

Not to mention random EW and/or Demob. This is going to make solo farming more and more impractical. Is this intentional?

Not to mention the chance of an elite spawn, of some random class. No doubt with EW and/or Demob.

While we are on the subject of spawns, all of the ones I had land marked on NV appear to have been moved. Is it your intention to break spawn maps on a frequent basis?

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Wraithbane wrote:

Let me get this straight... Under the new system, the size and/or class is random? The size can be dealt with easier than the class. A different class would require an ammo change. Which means that stacks and stacks of different ammo would have to be on hand. Decreasing an already small cargo space. 

Not to mention random EW and/or Demob. This is going to make solo farming more and more impractical. Is this intentional?

Not to mention the chance of an elite spawn, of some random class. No doubt with EW and/or Demob.

While we are on the subject of spawns, all of the ones I had land marked on NV appear to have been moved. Is it your intention to break spawn maps on a frequent basis?

randomnes should not change race. I mean you are killing a Pelistal patrol so why should it change to Nuimqol ? however changing the spawn composition/level is quite ok.

I like this idea and while I haven't toyed around with it myself, it shows the devs are actively seeking ways to improve PvE

How about getting observer spawned after all? You come to T1 light spawn, killing it for a while, it upgrades to T2-T5, light ew-s appearing, then lights slowly turn into assaults, then mechs and hmechs, theyr tier is growing aswell, and totally (if you're still alive and keep killing em restless) you get grand and superior observer(s) big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Believe they call that ring events in fantasy mmos

DEV ALF for president btw

Guy knows what people want

Line wrote:

How about getting observer spawned after all? You come to T1 light spawn, killing it for a while, it upgrades to T2-T5, light ew-s appearing, then lights slowly turn into assaults, then mechs and hmechs, theyr tier is growing aswell, and totally (if you're still alive and keep killing em restless) you get grand and superior observer(s) big_smile

have you seen an elite yet?
AFAIK they are tougher then observer...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

11 (edited by Experemonte 2011-08-26 10:15:18)

Thanks Devs, these spawns are a lot of fun. As long as you pick the right spots, you can still solo farm without problem.

I will say the chance at the special elite NPCs is way too low though. I sat and killed well over 150 NPCs and I've still never seen a single one. Either way though, these spawns completely change the ratting game in a good way.

Confirming low chance of Darkstar/Rabid/mighty spawns. Killed random spawns for 150 kernels (300 npc's) and not a single darkstar showed up. Seems with this low chance, the added reward for them is infinitecimal compared to the swag you get for the regular npc's you have to go through to find even one.
I still like the randomness tho.

Because the voices told me to do it.

i farmed one spot about 100 npcs, two "Mighty" assaults showed up back to back.

Well tnx for that guys, a Superior observer spawned and obliterated half our fleet on a 700m range. And we were farming lights->lvl1 Mesmers. This is not fun at all.... a beast appears and you can try to run but... no chance.

Fata_m0t0 wrote:

Well tnx for that guys, a Superior observer spawned and obliterated half our fleet on a 700m range. And we were farming lights->lvl1 Mesmers. This is not fun at all.... a beast appears and you can try to run but... no chance.

The spawn respawned as a superior observer? Bug?

i doubt that the random spawns will spawn observers, but i know that three of the random spawns in know on tellesis are placed ontop of the observer route.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well thats a little odd. I can't see them doing that could be a bug or a random observer pathed threw.

I kinda miss the way the spawn were before last patch. They were so much more of a challenge and fun.

Yeh they are a bit lightweight for mechs post patch
On the other hand they'll nuke an assault pretty easy.

I think some random spawns should be introduced/changed to some spawning only light/assaults, some maybe only high tier l/a and mostly m/h. Some that spawn higher tier bots in general would be good too.

Fata_m0t0 wrote:

Wonderful... Thats what I was concerned about.  If this becomes standard, its going to pretty much finish PvE farming (especially solo).  Having a SO pop out and nuke an entire farming group is bad MoJo.

Wraithbane wrote:
Fata_m0t0 wrote:

Wonderful... Thats what I was concerned about.  If this becomes standard, its going to pretty much finish PvE farming (especially solo).  Having a SO pop out and nuke an entire farming group is bad MoJo.

It didn't happen, they weren't paying attention while farming on a sup obs path...

Copine Callmeknau wrote:
Wraithbane wrote:
Fata_m0t0 wrote:

It didn't happen, they weren't paying attention while farming on a sup obs path...

How do you know that?

Well, if the spawn is somehow bugged so that Observers are on the spawn list they should report the spawn location under bugs so a Dev can look into it.

Whining about it in this thread probably won't get them anywhere.

Wraithbane wrote:
Copine Callmeknau wrote:
Wraithbane wrote:

How do you know that?

Because we know Tellesis and the roaming paths of Superior Observers. They simply didn't pay attention ... all of them as it seems. But he's talking about 700m fighting range. If anything it sounds as a Thelodica SO. Where did this "accident" happened?

Wraithbane wrote:
Copine Callmeknau wrote:
Wraithbane wrote:

How do you know that?

I've been analysing the random spawns as part of my spawn mapping project. None of them spawn SO
SO's (if they were spawning), wouldn't spawn 700m away from the normal spawn point
SO's don't spawn within 2km of a player anyway
Many random spawns are on the path of SO's

25 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-09-08 12:49:15)

Fata_m0t0 wrote:

If you farmed the random spot south of Tellesis there is one roaming Super Observer, which pathes this spot once every hour or so. Just move to the water and pay attantion wink.

PS: Elite spawn rate is cool now. And sometimes they have nice stuff smile (got T4 Therm Hardener from a 3. Darkstar).