Re: Perpetuum is on hold until Intrusion 2.0

Industrial Sector wrote:

Just keep in mind that this is still the beginning of the game. DEVs are working hard trying to advance at least a little, so don't interrupt them with your disbalance whining. Don't like something? Just don't use it for a while. Don't like it at all? don't log in, just keep paying and wait. There will be everything, just not right now.

tl;dr:

STFU and play or GTFO and cry.

Just to keep in mind...this game isn't in beta anymore...all of these really harsh screw ups don't go over well in a released game.  Sure you have the hardened players but even they have a breaking point where the game just isn't worth there time.

Oh and I don't know about you but I can GTFO with out crying...just seems most cant PLAY the game without crying. 
Ya got it just a bit backwards.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

52 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-09-03 17:13:29)

I'll say it's cycle time for me as a director and I'm likely going to be taking it and spending some of my free time in DDO now.  A lot of folks were fantasy MMO players before they were scifi, you know.  and DDO runs on my friend's crappy laptop, which is awesome, so I will be spending time gaming with her again.  (I just couldn't bear going ot WOW so we had to find something that was more visually like EQ2 with a decent rule set.  and yes I know it gets boring fast but we're not power gamers and have limited timeframes, so a dungeon or two a night works).

I've been here since June and Intrusions still mean little to nothing to our corporation without outside assistance, even with our insane size and dedicated members.

Plus we're bittervets (lol), we're cranky and angry and a lot of folks are afraid to devote their time and heart and guts into something again.  So the "hold" is loose, purposely so, for a lot of folks. No one wants to get burned twice.  But it won't matter WHO it is doing the burning.  Devs and Players are equal animals in a Sandbox.

It's no one corp's fault.  It's an attitude problem shared by different people in a lot of corps.  It's the "LOL look who I chased out of game" syndrome.  Works fine for EVE entering Grade A game status advertizing on YouTube and cable TV... bad for Perp.  Word spreads fast and when you hear it's "Join or die", it's like, meh, I'll spend my time elsewhere.

I *said* all this stuff.  I'm sure it didn't come out very eloquently when I did, but I pointed it out.  Ofc I"m sure everyone thought it was political spin.. but surprise surprise.

I still love this game.  Still staring longingly at my Mk2 in the hangar while I train up for it. (oops, was a teeeny bit short on that in EP.. >.>)  But while I'm training up my life goes like this:

Say Hello
Defuse Current Drama
Run out of time, log out.

I'll say it once, I'll say it 1000 times.

The players make the game in an MMO that focuses on MMOness and not solo content.  Perp does NOT focus on solo content, that's why I play and the hubby doesn't anymore.  He likes to solo and have it at least be marginally fruitful.  At our skillpoint level, it just isn't - not without 2 accounts, or tricks that we just don't know yet being new and certain choice info being so jealously guarded.

In this case, the game mechanics are just a skeleton.  They are not the game.

We are the game.  We are the meat and bones and what makes it all dance and sing.

There are people who are going to go where the win is, by accident or on purpose.  There are people who are willing to 100% be the underdog, and deal with the possibility of crushing losses 100% of the time no matter what.  But, then, there is a large section of people who want a chance to make that ever elusive third side - and there isn't much of one here.  But that's just politics, that's "the game". 

Not to pick on CIR directly but to use it as an example, as Commie Red as they like to be (which makes the political banter lots of fun tbh big_smile) they act more like the USA and our at times wacky military decisions (much love to our troops but some of the stuff we send them on is plain redonkulous).  Sure, we have one country, but if another country invades someone else's, oh lookie!  Our troops are there, and the invaded country didn't even ask for them.  We "own" one landmass but go where we want and shoot who we want, we've got so many army bases kids are born as US Citizens pretty much by accident anymore.  It's not bad or good.  It just is.  And it leads to "terrorism" (Oh, the poor Lithuses and Sequers and Arganos sad It is the "civilian" bots that suffer most.)  Seems to be the same sort of arguments coming out of the Russian corps - slightly different flavor, but still the same detrius.

And if you look at the whole political landscape, from AFAR, it's a pretty cool game concept, tbh.  But it's not holding players.  Why?  Well, maybe if we were all a touch sillier about it, turnede the RP up a few notches and turned down the real life "We wanna make you quit" BS, less people would actually, uh, quit.  The best pirates and generalized buttholes in EVE and other MMOs grief without griefing.  Their victims don't leave.  It generates story.  There isn't these situations of mission statements being written that directly violate the games's EULA.  It's just a game, not a RL Vendetta.  And "meant that way" or not, that is how it was expressed, that is how it was and is percieved, and perception is E V E R Y T H I N G.

P.S.  I was a Radiation Oncologist for ten years until my spine decided it didn't want to be a research scientist anymore.  So Tusk, I know what you're saying in the way that you're saying it.  Good luck to you.  And that's srs bsns.

P.P.S.  YOU CAN NOT WIN AN MMO.  So anyone saying "Well we just want to win" is, in regular language, saying they just want to be the only ones left in the game.  I mean seriously, do you realize how sick that really is, when you think about it?  There's winning engagements, sure.  But this "winning the WAR" BS has to stop somewhere or it will be a war of attrition and the snake will be left to eat its own tail.

Aeon had a good point many weeks ago.  CIR makes a good enemy.  They make an AWESOME enemy.  M2S and 62nd shape up as excellent anti-heroes.  (In fact, doesn't everyone?)  But when I hear about people bragging about getting others to cancel subs and counting that as an in game tactical victory...  Everyone.  EVERYONE has to stop that crap.  Hell, it was the FIRST thing I told the people from EVE to do - wash their boots.  Forget the past BS.  And much to our dissapointment (I won't say surprised, because, well, yeh.  We knew a lot of ex-EVE were already here) we somehow walked right back into it.

If this game is an EVE "clone" it is because some players insist on acting like the stars of the C&P forums.  We MAKE it one with what we DO.  Sandbox?  Sure.  Stop building serious spaceship business intrigue in it and see how much different it will look after awhile.

For the spyless: from NeX's statement of intent documents:

Everyone I have talked to has given slightly different answers but all focus on one or both of these points.

1. Do not piss in my playground.

2. Do not disregard my humanity.

On one or both of these principles, each of us, individually, chose to leave EVE Online and give Perpetuum a try and, let's be honest, to give ourselves a break from a lot of the things that have been frustrating us. Of course, each member of this corporation has their personal roles as well as a place within the corporation's (blobby) infrastructure, but again, the impression I got was also a wish for a fresh start involving the shedding of some of the 'yuck' we picked up over the years and along the way.

This is a public announcement that as a corporate whole it is nowhere in our vision to violate either of the two things that pissed us off and brought us here. We have *all* walked through rivers of *** of one form or another in EVE in the form of reputation as part of its playerbase (rob your corp come play eve commercial trololol), and some of us have seen things a thousand times worse than that go down in the game environment with nary a whisper, simply due to the expansiveness of the 'political' and social environment.

It's time for us to take a hose to our boots and not track it into another house. A lot of people I have talked to ( and I have talked to quite a few ) seem to share this idea. I'm not saying to go total carebear. Just saying to keep it real as in; to keep it real(lly in game).

This means: no unnecessary cruel evil metagaming bullshit.

We are here to have fun, pew, and contribute to a community; to become a part of the dynamic whole of this new and exciting sandbox. But let's try to let real life stay real life. Use but don't abuse the tools that our skills have rest at our fingertips. Do not try to destroy the community we have a chance to contribute to. I am sure from listening to everyone in comms that at least this seems to be a singular voice among all of us. Corporate spies I ask to keep careful note of this paragraph. After all, you are in the corporation, and therefore, we shall hold you to this standard.

Should I just retract this?  Did I misinform these ex-EVE players and thus disarm them of a very valuable tool that would have kept them subbed?

Industrial Sector: Shouldn't it be GTFO and wait if you're still paying? Well, unless it is 10$ beer money, then we can cry smile

Now,  enjoy some unrelated 80s music.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJC5R1Kx … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNe2YzJb … re=related

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

All I'm trying to say - it's just wait, guys. We will not get any advantage if players will cry and ragequit after some thingie got nerfed.

Want new continents? - Don't cry about ERP nerf.
Want new big shiny Destroyers? - Leave poor armor tunings alone.
Want at least something? - Stop distracting DEV's to the balance stuff.

Seriously, people. Do you think that balancing that thingie you didn't even had before is more important than a new content right now? If so, then stop crying about lack of new content then. Let them develop things, guys. Forget about ERP, try to adapt. If you still insist that ERP-tank HMech - is the top of your dreams and (sic!) end-game stuff - well then, I'm realy sorry but you'd better leave and don't break game development process.

That's it. Thank you, and have a productive day, runners and DEVs!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

All I'm trying to say - it's just wait, guys. We will not get any advantage if players will cry and ragequit after some thingie got nerfed.

Seriously, people. Do you think that balancing that thingie you didn't even had before is more important than a new content right now? If so, then stop crying about lack of new content then. Let them develop things, guys. Forget about ERP, try to adapt. If you still insist that ERP-tank HMech - is the top of your dreams and (sic!) end-game stuff - well then, I'm realy sorry but you'd better leave and don't break game development process.

But but

CIR needs an alliance function

Line wrote:

But but

CIR needs an alliance function

Line wrote:

Hm yes every time I go to buy a brand new car...I listen when the Dealer says "just wait...you can actually DRIVE the car in 6 to 12 months...but we want your money now."

And then I throw cash at them and waltz out the door....

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

57 (edited by Celebro 2011-09-03 23:54:36)

0110011100001111010 wrote:

Hm yes every time I go to buy a brand new car...I listen when the Dealer says "just wait...you can actually DRIVE the car in 6 to 12 months...but we want your money now."

I don't get this, comparing a indy game to a car purchase?. I would say am I getting enough enjoyment out of the game for what it's worth. It does not feel I am making an investment, if you are not enjoying it and don't mind falling behind unsubscribe and check it out later the choice is yours. Hell, is not that expensive, compared to watching a movie every night or eating out every week.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I don't get this, comparing a indy game to a car purchase?. I would say am I getting enough enjoyment out of the game for what it's worth. It does not feel I am making an investment, if you are not enjoying it and don't mind falling behind unsubscribe and check it out later the choice is yours. Hell, is not that expensive, compared to watching a movie every night or eating out every week.

*Slow Claps*

Thanks for missing the point bro.

Just Sayin

No offense but I dont think anybody can complain about Perpetuum being a work-in-progress.

I've heard the car-sales argument before, hell I made it before; and for everyone who thinks that Perpetuum isn't worth the money we pay for it I strongly recommend you do the free trial for a little game called Mortal Online.

It will instantly cure you of all such thoughts and you'll suddenly realize how gorgeously functional Perpetuum is. lol

/me unsheaths his bow and client-crashes everyone around him.

lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I've heard the car-sales argument before, hell I made it before; and for everyone who thinks that Perpetuum isn't worth the money we pay for it I strongly recommend you do the free trial for a little game called Mortal Online.

You mean the game you were a confirmed hacker in

did you ruin that game too

You'd be hard-pressed to find a player in MO who didn't hack. From the benign "gamma-hacks" to be able to actually see something more then a pitch-black screen (which was particularly entertaining) in the night time, to the more malicious "weight-hacks" where you traded endlessly between two people because traded item weight would not add up to your total weight, so you could transport tons and tons of materials.

In that respect, MO was and is what Perpetuum would have become if Devs here didn't have their heads screwed on straight and sanctioned the exploiting.

But I was talking about general game stability and bug presence. Nothing quite like going to whack a little piggy and to see it enter hyperspace and vanish off in the distance due to buggy AI. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Celebro wrote:

*Slow Claps*

Thanks for missing the point bro.

No. I have not missed your point, you have missed mine. I will try and clarify and change your analogy to be more in line with what we have right now. The car is working right now, not in 6 -12 months, maybe it has no power steering, A.C or even a radio, but I like how it drives and I don't mind waiting 12 months to have all the extras.

RIP PERPETUUM

well, the perpetuum car is driving,
in 6-12 month you got several free tunings and "product recalls" of your perpetuum car.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

well, the perpetuum car is driving,
in 6-12 month you got several free tunings and "product recalls" of your perpetuum car.

And several crashes.
The tires are still out of balance.
No one else ever wants to take a ride with me.
The value of has been cut well over half due to crappy markets.
The dealer said I would have the radio fixed by now...yet he decided, even tho he said several times "were fixing the radio next", that they will fix the head lights.  Those didn't need "fixing" anyway. sad

I'm not saying that this game doesn't "work" as this clearly isn't true.
Its the fact that they don't know where its going...from the outside the Devs have jumped around SO much...from "balancing" this or "fixing" that or "improving" gameplay...and all they have to show for it is a dieing game with tons of potential.  From the outside it looks like the Devs are just going off the whims of the player base, off the whims of whoever, or whomever can scream the loudest.  Whether it be off the forums or in private.  These players represent the a small fraction of the base itself.  Now sure they may have good points, but if you have a plan stick to the plan.  Give the players a sense of stability as for right now I see no stability in this game what so ever.
With the nearly constant nerfs, or changes who knows what coming.  Sure there are Dev blogs but the last three blogs you say one thing and jump over and "fix" and work on something else.

That other game had a vision of what they wanted to create.  They made the players in the game feel empowered to get stuff done.  At this point I don't feel empowered to do anything in this game...quite the opposite.

Just Sayin

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Line wrote:

you don't expect a car to gain new features over time, do you ? if it were the case, you'd invest in the future options of the car as well as in this game ...

it's just a matter of perspective, or in your case misguided analogies ...

Personally i think that car anology has been beaten to death and it should be put in the scrap yard (did you see what i did there tongue )

Syndic wrote:

You'd be hard-pressed to find a player in MO who didn't hack.

It's a shame that you seam to be proud to be a cheater, hacker, game destroyer.

Everyone, who is known as "hacker/cheater" should be instand banned from ANY online game.

To sad, there are no real laws against it sad. 5 Years jail MINIMUM would be OK I'd say!

Alexadar wrote:

This game definitely needs extended territorial control. Imagine how many players will join the game if they will able capture and hold their piece of world. +pos system and ...jackpot

^^ agreed i cant wait for it all to come out! smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Alexadar wrote:

This game definitely needs extended territorial control. Imagine how many players will join the game if they will able capture and hold their piece of world. +pos system and ...jackpot

It is amazing how motivating a slowly-shifting coloured blob on a map can be. big_smile

Arilou wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

It is amazing how motivating a slowly-shifting coloured blob on a map can be. big_smile

Lava lamps *are* popular, but hard to find.. just the next best thing wink

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

I'm just kinda logging in and goofing around on the weekends. During the week I do other ish. Luckily my crop of secondaries has been doing an excellent job without me. I'm seriously proud of that.

But if I2 comes out and is awesome and if we start to get some muscle and if the online numbers recover this game could be a lot more fun.

AeonThePiglet wrote:

I'm just kinda logging in and goofing around on the weekends. During the week I do other ish. Luckily my crop of secondaries has been doing an excellent job without me. I'm seriously proud of that.

But if I2 comes out and is awesome and if we start to get some muscle and if the online numbers recover this game could be a lot more fun.

What do you mean if? This game is still a lot of fun and will only get better when other people realize this.

Lana Torrin wrote:
AeonThePiglet wrote:

What do you mean if? This game is still a lot of fun and will only get better when other people realize this.

A lot of players are finding they're lacking content after the few 2 months now which is much faster than it used to happen.

The issue being once they're ready to leave the nest they keep getting pushed back into it. There are only so many times falling back and rethinking becomes an acceptable option and during each of these times players 'Disappear' to other places.

I can only speak for myself when I say right now in the game I an grinding relation standing as there is little else to do that is worth doing right now.

Having seen 4 players (All controlled by the same player) troll an entire outpost of people I can safely say there are some people out there that don't want to risk their robots (Too attached?) and it's really removing PVP enjoyment. I wonder if this is due to the fact that some people feel as if they have to work harder than others to achieve the same level as other players.

A group of very experienced and knowledgeable players will always be able to do something better and more efficient than a group of players still trying to find their feet.

It only takes around 5 capable players currently to put 15+ newer players or Weekend Warriors to shame.

Alexander wrote:

Having seen 4 players (All controlled by the same player) troll an entire outpost of people I can safely say there are some people out there that don't want to risk their robots (Too attached?) and it's really removing PVP enjoyment. I wonder if this is due to the fact that some people feel as if they have to work harder than others to achieve the same level as other players.

A group of very experienced and knowledgeable players will always be able to do something better and more efficient than a group of players still trying to find their feet.

It only takes around 5 capable players currently to put 15+ newer players or Weekend Warriors to shame.

Oh hi there.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu