1 (edited by Lonely Boy 2011-09-05 17:38:53)

Topic: DEV Zooom Rembursment policy comment

fm DEV Zoom word in case of crashed:

"Reimbursed robots will appear at the terminal they were last at before they got destroyed, and will return with all equipment and cargo they had at the moment of destruction"

in my opiniom should be fair and normal to rembourse a bot AS IT WAS before crash, not as it remans after a death wich is not player's fault, due to a game crash.

futhermore we all know that crashes is ofter PO faults. i play other online game and it's very rarely they crash, while Perpetuum on almost daily.

just my idea, since we are customers and this is business for them.
respect the clients.

thanks for attention.

Re: DEV Zooom Rembursment policy comment

re-imbursment is more about how they feel on the day than it is policy.  I've lost bots from crashes and never got reimbursed, where others get them without question.

Lonely Boy wrote:

futhermore we all new that crashes is ofter PO faults. i play other online game and it's very rare they crash, while Perpetuum on almost daily.

thanks for attention.

If it's  PO's fault how do you explain I rarely crash? It's not a top of the line pc either with just 4gb RAM/quadcore running 3 accounts. Connection is nothing to brag about either, 2mb.

RIP PERPETUUM

4 (edited by Lonely Boy 2011-09-05 17:58:01)

Snowman wrote:

re-imbursment is more about how they feel on the day than it is policy.  I've lost bots from crashes and never got reimbursed, where others get them without question.

hope they don't treat their clients in this way, EVE docet.....

5 (edited by Karism 2011-09-05 18:01:59)

The problem that came from the old reinbursement method was that someone could get blown up, another player comes along and loots the wreck, the guy gets his stuff back, and now there are multiple of the items that dropped, to eliminate this "dupe", they made it so that you only get back what didn't drop, best you can do is get someone nearby to grab the stuff in your can.

I know its probably not the best way it could be done, but its the only way right now.

In line with this, it would be nice if GM's, when carrying out a reinbursment, if told soon enough, could recover the dropped items in the can for the player.

If it's  PO's fault how do you explain I rarely crash? It's not a top of the line pc either with just 4gb RAM/quadcore running 3 accounts. Connection is nothing to brag about either, 2mb.

definy "rarely" pls wink

c'mon it's bright as sun, we all crash at least once a day on perpetuum!
unless they can prove the crash was NOT their fault, they should treat matter more gentle.
we are customers for them, it's business for them. wink

Lonely Boy wrote:

definy "rarely" pls wink

c'mon it's bright as sun, we all crash at least once a day on perpetuum!
unless they can prove the crash was NOT their fault, they should treat matter more gentle.
we are customers for them, it's business for them. wink

Once or twice a week usually happens with 3 accounts at the same time. I can understand your concern crashing daily a few times, but Perpetuum compared to other games seems very stable to me.

RIP PERPETUUM

8 (edited by Alexander 2011-09-05 18:44:44)

Umm, you crashed and got your robot back. Sadly you lost some equipment (Probably looted by someone else when you died) but you got the robot back plus 50%+ of your gear and the devs promise to fix the issue as soon as it's found (If the issue lies with perpetuum).

Why is this bad? Would you rather I just unplug, loot myself.. and then get a whole new robot back? Sounds perfectly unreasonable to me. Sounds like an open invitation to exploit.

Their reimbursement policy is the same for everyone. If you do get something back (And you don't always) you only get back what didn't drop. Perfectly fair.

If you're going to farm a spawn and you're scared of crashing and can't afford 50% of your fittings either try fittings that are more crash resistant or farm something that won't kill you.

I've not crashed in about three to four weeks. I have DC'd and make it back with 100 HP (And not died might I add as I was using my anti-DC fit) and if I had of died I would have likely gotten back my robot and the some fittings.

Perhaps they could extend the reimbursement to cover ALL modules IF and ONLY IF they're not looted.

I have crashed once in the 2 to 3 months I played. Dunno what the issue is to be honest.

Before someone gets the wrong idea, I'll quote the whole sentence from the reimbursement policy, which the OP omitted:

Reimbursed robots will appear at the terminal they were last at before they got destroyed, and will return with all equipment and cargo they had at the moment of destruction, except for items which have been dropped into the loot container, and with 0 HP.

It's certainly not a perfect system, but as others pointed out before me, it's necessary to prevent item duplication.

The way I see it, the only way to make full reimbursements possible would be to completely disable player loot drops. And obviously that would be bad.

What about increasing the timer for someone else looting your bots remains? On alpha islands only of course. Right now everyone can loot your stuff in 2 seconds - assuming he's already watching how you die. Sometimes you can't even reach your own can in time before 15 minutes are over. Let alone someone else grabs your stuff ...

12 (edited by Lonely Boy 2011-09-05 19:53:05)

DEV Zoom yr asnwer to my request is than a NO. i do have to keep a wreck instaed of a bot as i had before. ok, take notice, yr not the only game around, bye fm four accounts of mine.

imho you should solve the evident crash problems that you know you have (you know you have!),
before being so rigid with yr customers. in the meantime, in case of crash, you could
check if someone else looted wreck or not, it would be a service to players who pay to play and crashed. i know of people who don't rats for fear of crash. dows it say nothing to you?

Lonely Boy wrote:

DEV Zoom yr asnwer to my request is than a NO. i do have to keep a wreck instaed of a bot as i had before. ok, take notice, yr not the only game around, bye fm four accounts of us.

Fit an armour repairer..
You don't have to pay for repairs.

14 (edited by Lonely Boy 2011-09-05 20:05:55)

@alexander 8 mod missing out fm 12 in fitting. any mod to make them reapear (magicaly)? wink

The old reimbursement is just unbalanced: not as a exploit, but it happened at least once that I lost my bot to dc, got my loot from the reimbursement and the loot my friends took from me.  Sometimes it was t4 lwf, sometimes it was an observer kernel(!).

Also threatening that you will take your money elsewhere is... Well go ahead, it's your money, treating is kinda silly on the interwebs.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Lonely Boy wrote:

@alexander 8 mod missing out fm 12 in fitting. any mod to make them reapear (magicaly)? wink

8 modules you can't afford to replace? Why didn't you get out there and loot your container?
I'd only expect this level of out rage from a player who was given T4 equipment and now has to return while looking embarrassed saying "I lost some of it.."

17 (edited by suDndEth 2011-09-05 21:27:52)

Lonely Boy wrote:

DEV Zoom yr asnwer to my request is than a NO. i do have to keep a wreck instaed of a bot as i had before. ok, take notice, yr not the only game around, bye fm four accounts of mine.

imho you should solve the evident crash problems that you know you have (you know you have!),
before being so rigid with yr customers. in the meantime, in case of crash, you could
check if someone else looted wreck or not, it would be a service to players who pay to play and crashed. i know of people who don't rats for fear of crash. dows it say nothing to you?

You have 4 accounts? Hmmm I have 3 and one is always logged off or at the ratting site i was at so if something does go wrong and i lose a mech I recover my missing moduals instantly. Think about how you go about things maybe? If it was a crash then it should have been 1 account that went. If all accounts crashed at once then I'd probably say it was something on your end. I for one haven't crashed in quite a long time since the docking and undocking crashes.

Lonely Boy wrote:

how do YOU prove you crashed ? I can just kill the client and nobody does have any evidence ... the Dev was very kind to reimburse some of your equip.

btw, fix you PC or internet connection. I crashed ONCE in 2 months and it was a connection issue. I don't even play native on windows but via wine.

now suck it up and enjoy the game or leave and don't poison the air with your empty threats.

If you have 3 accounts why dont you use one to loot your wreck?

I too crash usually a minimum of once per session, many times more.

I'm perfectly fine with the policy as it is.  Getting ANYTHING back after death by game crash is better than nothing at all imo.

@Devs I don't know if it helps but I seem to crash the most immediately upon using the space bar to alpha strike.  I've started trying to get in the habit of manually firing all my weapons off now.  Still nearly all my crashes(not DCs) are somehow related to combat.  Either just as the mob is about to fire at me or right when I start to fire at it.

Lonely Boy wrote:

Four accounts and you couldn't loot your own can?

Fail much?

Lonely Boy wrote:

fm DEV Zoom word in case of crashed:

"Reimbursed robots will appear at the terminal they were last at before they got destroyed, and will return with all equipment and cargo they had at the moment of destruction"

in my opiniom should be fair and normal to rembourse a bot AS IT WAS before crash, not as it remans after a death wich is not player's fault, due to a game crash.

futhermore we all know that crashes is ofter PO faults. i play other online game and it's very rarely they crash, while Perpetuum on almost daily.

just my idea, since we are customers and this is business for them.
respect the clients.

thanks for attention.

Well... in all of the time I've played Perpetuum (since right after launch) I've had 1 (ONE) client crash. The software has been remarkable stable on my system.  So much so, that I highly respect who ever they have doing their code work over there.

Disconnections on the other hand...<grin>  Its a rare session that doesn't see at least one (or more) disconnections.  Which is NOT good in this type of game.  I'm hopeful that something can be done about this.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Lonely Boy wrote:
Snowman wrote:

hope they don't treat their clients in this way, EVE docet.....

Umm EvE doesn't? please try this in EvE and tell me you get something more than a "the logs show nothing"

And maybe you are crashing because, oh I don't know, maybe running 4 accounts at once?

I run 2 accounts on a 3 yr old laptop ... and may crash once every 3-4 days.

Heh I've never gotten a character in any MMO reimbursed anything from a client crash save here.  And yeh I lost a few fittings. 

They need to keep it like this so people don't logofski when they realize they're accumulator will not be stable or they're being owned by ewar NPC's or w/e.  Full reimbursement for client crashing would be abused to all hell and back.  It's already a very generous move to offer any type of replacement at all.

I haven't crashed since the first or second client fix for the memleaks.

As others have pointed out - that many accounts logged in, pick up your own can.. ?

Player cans on Alpha having timers adjusted could help also.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

I've only ever crashed while Teleporting or Docking. Only happens once every week or two and only on one of my 3 clients. Only Dc'd once during the big Lag Monster/EvE Exodus. My friend did however crash while geoscanning with a Argano Mk2 with T4 geo scanner t4 Sheild and frame and T3 harvesters. This happened the day the only what doesn't drop clause was implemented. He got a wrecked Argano back and the harvesters and a sheild from Devs. He ran out pick up his can got the frame and geo scanner. So he got lucky.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win