Topic: CSV File names

Thanks for changing from iteminfo_xxx_yyy.csv to iteminfo-xxx_yyy.csv

It's just a pain to parse all the changes you're making every week or so, but if you're changing the file name aswell..

May i hope you stick with the same format for the next few updates ?

Also, how hard would it be to put the module/bot/whatever name INSIDE instead of just naming the file and losing all single quotes, upper cases,etc.. ?

Re: CSV File names

The reason i like the file name change over putting the data in the file is because it would prevent me from doing bulk updates to my database.

What i did is create a table in MySQL that has the display name like "Titan-50 (PL-10)" then it has a file name like "__Titan_50__PL-10___" so that i can get the proper display name and parse the item id out of the file name

Except the filename is not like what you describe for modules.

example :
original name is : Unotron 60s-'Crack shot' range extender
filename is  : unotron_60s-_crack_shot__range_extender (no more upper case nor single quote and notice the double underscore)

It's ok as long as you don't want to exchange data between third parties. When you need, then you have to agree on a standard. A module is unique because his name is.

Only way to get the correct ingame displayed name, which is the standard when you want to exchange data, is to use the dictionnary.txt file extracted from gbf then look inside for a similar name. Painfull, long and error prone. Would be much easier for everyone to get the name inside the file.

Some king of unique id would work too.

These file names are just display names with non-alphanumeric characters (except hyphen) replaced with underscores. What's the problem with precisely matching them to dictionary.txt entries (translation tokens)?

5 (edited by Etil DeLaFuente 2011-09-09 17:57:30)

Mark Zima wrote:

These file names are just display names with non-alphanumeric characters (except hyphen) replaced with underscores. What's the problem with precisely matching them to dictionary.txt entries (translation tokens)?

The dictionary.txt is extracted from the gbf file (thanks to your awesome work smile), so, every time there is a new module or robot or whatever, you need to extract it, and as far as i know, it could become a violation of the eula, no devs have stated clearly on this.

Would be much easier if we had a supported clean version directly from the game, listing all items with their properties.

To be honest all these item names end up getting translated into a item id number(specific to my database) so the proper name is only needed on the display of the item.

but those file names are unique to each other so long as you include a translation from that file name to something else in your database then you can make 3rd party exchanges possible.