Topic: Some weird things

Some weird things in peropetuum sci-fi world, what i noticed:

1. Auto-guns. This is a human technology. We can refer to official background history:

Their advanced technology has enabled them to develop gigantic humanoid robotic forms that have destructive powers far beyond our weapons.

Why NIAns arches using weak earth technology? 
Why t2+ auto-guns available through kernel research? NIAns don't know anything about our tech, and i doubt they want to use it, because they have much powerful tech.

2. Field containers. They are small and endless in size. How they are working? Why they can contain much more than sequer? Sequer, and in general any of the bots, is bigger than field container...

2.1 Sequer can carry Seth....) How)?

3. "Ghost bot". I can pass through any bot. Because i am ghost i guess. But if i ghost, why i can't pass through the mountain? In generally, i understand why bots are ghosts for each other, but it is weird for sci-fi genre.

2 (edited by GLiMPSE 2010-12-03 22:33:53)

Re: Some weird things

1. Auto-guns. This is a human technology. We can refer to official background history:

Their advanced technology has enabled them to develop gigantic humanoid robotic forms that have destructive powers far beyond our weapons.

Why t2+ auto-guns available through kernel research? NIAns don't know anything about our tech, and i doubt they want to use it, because they have much powerful tech.

How full of yourself to think us earthlings are the only ones that could ever come up with balistics... they may not be as space age but still effective in their own right... maybe the aliens prefer this?

2. Field containers. They are small and endless in size. How they are working? Why they can contain much more than sequer? Sequer, and in general any of the bots, is bigger than field container...

Advanced alien technology brah

sequer's have shrink rays... it will be explained in future lore

3. "Ghost bot". I can pass through any bot. Because i am ghost i guess. But if i ghost, why i can't pass through the mountain? In generally, i understand why bots are ghosts for each other, but it is weird for sci-fi genre.

If a ghost breaks through the earths surface, the tractor beams of hell will suck them into eternal damnation... they  are free however to roam the earth above the surface...

Yeah...nice story......it makes sence. You forgot to finish with the words:
And then, a small animal, wrapped chocolate in foil

Alexadar wrote:

If you want to bump into every robot in the game, be my guest. If 6 people surround you for fun so you can't escape, i'll laugh at you.

DevilSlayerX wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

If you want to bump into every robot in the game, be my guest. If 6 people surround you for fun so you can't escape, i'll laugh at you.

This would be a very fun activity to do as a corp on alpha island.

i think there is solution for each problem. This problem, about ghost bots, in generally, is not a unsolvable problem. But we can live with this and play with this thing.
I advice all readers to continue discussing weird things in perpetuum world.

Alexadar wrote:

i think there is solution for each problem. This problem, about ghost bots, in generally, is not a unsolvable problem. But we can live with this and play with this thing.
I advice all readers to continue discussing weird things in perpetuum world.

cool

hmm, which NIAns do drop kernels that give AC research?
and which NIAns are using them anyway?

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Recognizer wrote:

hmm, which NIAns do drop kernels that give AC research?
and which NIAns are using them anyway?

Drones, near terminals, using autoguns. And their kernels allow to research AC techs.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Robots/Arkhe

please take a look to the description of the arkhe, and its faction.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

have you ever seen aliens on syfy using our weapons? I don't think I have, they all use energy or something.

12 (edited by Alexadar 2010-12-04 15:58:45)

Name    Arkhe
Class    Light robot
Faction    Syn-tec (Syndicate)
Specialization    None

The Arkhe is the standard service robot, provided to each rookie Agent. Since it's quite an early and undeveloped model, try not to overestimate its capabilities.

If arche developed by nians, its really nonsense, because of (read previous posts)

If arche is developed by humans, then all archemobs what we see in a game can be results of unsuccesfull experiments or else. Thats why they are using our technologies. But why their kernels contains info about AC? I believe than syndicate can implant this techs into arche kernel, during development, but why this techs are unavailable for each new earth agents???

have you ever wondered why it is called "Drone" ?

They are seeded by the syndicate to provide new agents with practice targets.

That they drop kernels is another matter - it may not stay that way forever.

Forum Rule #5

Can be. Drone kernels contains human technology. Why this tech is unknown for new human agents? I assume it is for training purposes. This moment must be described in background articles of the game world.

welll.....I'm not the best combat person in the world on my main.  So naturally I pick on the weak and defenseless low level PvE bots.

3 times now since launch.

There I am in my well equipped Castel.  Been doing low level Bounty hunting for less than half an hour.   Killed a few.  Then one of them under half strength (no, it was the only one attacking me!) resets to full strength and proceeds to kill me, apparently in under 3 seconds.

I give up.  I ain't all that computer litrate but something about that part of the game just don't work for me.

Alexadar wrote:

1) Auto cannons=== electro magnetic propulsion  sounds pretty damn high tech to me.(provided they use EM tech)

2) Field cans=== Nians have teleporters my guess would be the cans use subspace compression techniques that would interfere with other tech systems in bots which is why bots do not have such tech.

3) Gost BOt=== Again TELEPORTERS bot have modified versions of the teleporter tech which allows them to pass through one another.

damn that all sounds so good when I read it......

I want dev-team to develop their own explanation to this weird things. big_smile

Auto-guns are easily eplained.

Syn-tec hacked some Nian robots from earth and used them to develop auto-cannons as these were weapons they were comfortable with, opposed to the yet unresearched missile, laser and EM weapons. The Nian robots that were still antonymous of course noticed these weapons and as any scientific society ( which the Nians clearly are due to their advanced robotics, weapons and more. ) they would research these weapons. Research that would be stored in their kernels.

Field containers are also easily explained. Notice how when you use a teleporter or a terminal your robot is changed into some for of lightning/energy? I'd say this is clear evidence that Nians have mastered matter to energy conversion and back. So maybe a field container is not an actual earth container but instead a battery. Matter is converted into energy, then stored in the battery and later converted back. As to why it's so much larger then the Sequer, maybe the Sequer uses only a portion of it's frame for storage. Engines, Accumulator, Armor, CPU. Reactors, Modules and who knows what else all require space. So in the end there may not be that much space at all left for a matter battery to hold the storage. Add to that that in a field container all systems are directed to storing matter while in a Sequer systems also need to monitor Armor, Accumulator, Propulsion and much more.

As for robots not bumping into each other can be explained with the same theory. Nian robots can convert matter to energy and back. So maybe when 2 robots collide they can quickly convert parts of themselves into energy and then just as quickly convert it back to maintain structural integrity while the other bot this time converts it's matter into energy. Of course then why can't robots pass through the ground. Well the lore says this:

"Due to the planet’s dense core and the relatively fast rotation, the electrostatically charged oceans dividing islands are impenetrable barriers to every object driven by electricity. On land – contrarily – life flourishes."

So water in Perp is electrostatically charged. Nia is supposedly very similar to Earth, so it's safe to assume that the ground would also contain water. It would have to be for the plant life. This water would probably be a lot less electrostatically charged, but still enough to screw up any robot's matter to energy conversions that wanted to actually pass through the ground.

There you go, explanations about as good as you can get I think. Should be on par with your average sci-fi novel.

*Insert really awesome sig here*

Alexadar wrote:

And Ikea is swedish, can you belive that?

Fumanchu Taitharn wrote:

welll.....I'm not the best combat person in the world on my main.  So naturally I pick on the weak and defenseless low level PvE bots.

3 times now since launch.

There I am in my well equipped Castel.  Been doing low level Bounty hunting for less than half an hour.   Killed a few.  Then one of them under half strength (no, it was the only one attacking me!) resets to full strength and proceeds to kill me, apparently in under 3 seconds.

I give up.  I ain't all that computer litrate but something about that part of the game just don't work for me.

I've experienced the same problem but I run an armor repper continuously in my Castel when fighting, so I didn't die.  Seems as if you hit a bit of lag.  Some drones have armor repairers and will repair themselves.  If your lag lasts long enough, the bot will stack healing actions and firing actions that your client can't see, and your client will display and register them when the lag is over.  The server, however, doesn't trust your built-up actions and ignores them.

Unfortunately the server needs to ignore stacked client actions or there would be mass exploitation.  The server also needs to stack effects that you can't see if there is lag - also to avoid exploitation.

Best bet is to make sure your connection is clean, and if you are on a shared connection, ask people to stop downloading Pronz when you are playing.

21 (edited by Smackdown 2010-12-06 21:46:48)

Alexadar wrote:

By observing how humans deal with eachother, they have concluded this was the most efficient way to deal with humans. So they replicated us.

Alexadar wrote:

The object is "energized" The energy and pattern is stored in the Field Container as energy not matter.

Alexadar wrote:

Same as previous?

Alexadar wrote:

It's the most advanced technology in accident avoidance. Sensors can determine if you are about to get into an accident. and at the very last instant use a form of teleportation technology to temporarily "phase" your bot until you are through the danger.

Edit: Dammit Gobla, you beat me to it!
tongue

I am a troubleshooter.
I go out and find trouble......then I shoot it.

Expanding on Gobla's post:

Arkhes and machine guns are basically hybrid Earth-Nian technology. The Syndicate is using human knowledge to reconfigure the captured Nian factory lines to produce something that the Nian natives are not really familiar with and thus gain something like an element of surprise.

Drones are still created the same way as all Nian robots, that is the reason why they also contain kernels. But these kernels just get a simple pre-programmed AI injected for training purposes, so they are not really valuable.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Expanding on Gobla's post:

Arkhes and machine guns are basically hybrid Earth-Nian technology. The Syndicate is using human knowledge to reconfigure the captured Nian factory lines to produce something that the Nian natives are not really familiar with and thus gain something like an element of surprise.

Drones are still created the same way as all Nian robots, that is the reason why they also contain kernels. But these kernels just get a simple pre-programmed AI injected for training purposes, so they are not really valuable.

So, did i get this straight; advanced race in the YEAR 3000 cant understand basic weapons that are using thermodynamics applied to gas and some ballistics/spin stabilization?

And that the kernels are actually the brains of the locals? Or at least the part of the brains containing memories?

Siddy wrote:

So, did i get this straight; advanced race in the YEAR 3000 cant understand basic weapons that are using thermodynamics applied to gas and some ballistics/spin stabilization?

And that the kernels are actually the brains of the locals? Or at least the part of the brains containing memories?

I didn't say they can't understand it, it's just they have never seen it because their technological advancement took different routes than ours.

And I would say yes to kernels being similar to brains.

Field Container is easy. Container itself is made based on transdimensional technology. When you open the container and put stuff in it its being stored in a transdimensional pocket, thats why there is no end to how much you can store. Technology is not perfect so you can only keep that "pocket" open for a limited amount of time. Pocket will close eventually and will eat the container itself. tongue I smart you long time. cool