Topic: What a great game I stumbled upon.......

What a great game I stumbled upon.......

Can I ask why Perpetuum isn't advertised much, no wonder the population is lower than it should as be.
I realise that advertising cost money but some of it is free or partnerships can be formed. I hope the powers that be are giving this the time it is due.

I've just signed up for my first month with a view to create a second industry account in the future, i'll see how i get on first but it's looking more my cup of tea than EvE is at present.

Spoke with a couple of chaps from MORTE last night very friendly bunch.
It was also nice for GMBlaster task how i was getting on after only being logged on a short while.

All the best,
Boz

Re: What a great game I stumbled upon.......

Welcome!
I hope you'll keep enjoying the game and tell all your friends about it. big_smile (best and cheapest advertising)

The advertising is coming Soon(tm), they probably want to balance the game a bit before they send the moneys away.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Yea there is a bit of a lul in on-line players at the moment,  think were all waiting for some big changes on the pvp front. (as per blog: Intrustion 2.0)

so plenty of time to get yourself up to speed smile

Treat the game as a kind of Beta 2.0 for now. Still some kinks to work out, and a couple major additions scheduled for around new years. Advertising is best applied around that point. But stick around in the meantime so you can be one of the vets all the noobs pester for help. wink

I too stumbled across this game a couple of weeks ago. It obviously is a land based eve, not quite as in depth yet as its newish, but I must say i'm enjoying it far more than I did eve.

I've subscribed for a month, and plan to continue after that as i'm really enjoying it. I've committed the cardinal sin of creating a Hybrid, combat industrial character as it suits my play style of not being tied down to one path without having an additional account.

Looking forward to see how the game evolves over the coming months.

And thanks for the GM that contacted me on my second day and answered my questions !!

welcome and enjoy your stay. the best advertising is by word of mount from happy customers to their friends.

Hugh Ruka wrote:

the best advertising is by word of [mouth]

I think the OP is pointing out that word of mouth is actually the worst form of advertising, at the very least, its inadequate.

I also stumbled upon this gem of a game. I nearly gave it a miss when I came across a forum where ex eve players were complaining it wasn't eve wink So glad I followed my gut and signed up but this does illustrate that word of mouth is a 2 way street smile Oh BTW "I'LL DESTROY YOU ALL MWAHAHAHAHAHA".

P.S Sorry, stupid meds sad

I wanna know why no GM ever contacted me when I first joined. Do I smell or something?

Anyway, on topic, it is a good but recognised point that there is not much in the way of advertising. Although I had left Eve long before "monocle-gate" it was because of that I heard whisperings of this game. Otherwise I would never have known!

Think of it as a chance to get lots of experience and nic before the influx of n00bies!

Aleppo wrote:

I also stumbled upon this gem of a game. I nearly gave it a miss when I came across a forum where ex eve players were complaining it wasn't eve wink So glad I followed my gut and signed up but this does illustrate that word of mouth is a 2 way street smile Oh BTW "I'LL DESTROY YOU ALL MWAHAHAHAHAHA".

P.S Sorry, stupid meds sad

Yea, anthoer pill popper.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

Responding to a few comment regarding the view that we are playing in a "Beta 2.0"  I suppose if it is a working progress and if the dev's are committed for the long haul and to introducing new content then that's fine by me, i'm happy to take the risk of investing the time and getting in relatively early.
With Perpetuum having a player driven economy and technical aspects which result in the game being more of a hobby than anything else there is scope that numbers will slowly increase in time like we have seen in a game of a similar mold that has been running several years and that struggled with number in the early days.
Going back to my original point maybe investing more money and time in advertising will come once the Dev's etc are comfortable that Perpetuum is ready to appeal to a wider audience.

P.S. Farming kernels tonight, will I ever tire of the sound of my Blasters? tongue

NeX corp is looking at ways to help spread the word, ideas thrown around are posting on different game review forums, other game forums, a flyer at game stories, or the information board at schools and collages.

that maybe true for regular MMO's but the nature of a sandbox is that the content is created and provided by its players.   Without players its boring, no matter what content is created from the devs.

History shows that Perpetuum completely breaks when it has a massive influx of players, who then feel they can never be competitive with existing players, and end up leaving.

its been great while we had that big influx of players.. but I think its time to admit that 2 months later we are back were we started.

Snowman wrote:

its been great while we had that big influx of players.. but I think its time to admit that 2 months later we are back were we started.

And imho there's only one reason for that and its very little to do with the devs or content or balancing..... but a lot more to do with CIR and their pets like Morte Bozzith, who are harvesting the rewards of their chosen playstyle which is forcing new unallied players/corps off of beta or trying to grind corps out of the game and have the audacity to whine about the amount of players in the game, priceless lol

16 (edited by Bozzith 2011-09-01 15:33:18)

I appreciate the pet reference.... sorry i'm not biting especially since the CEO put a muzzle on me wink
If a few people can manipulate the game mechanics to "grind corps out of game" then that's something that needs to looked at, or people may be expected to adapt and overcome.

In my short experience of the game I tried and liked the game so I subscribed, irrespective of population numbers, then identified a few things I needed to do to improve my chances of advancing in game and having fun....that included finding a decent corp.
I'm not whining, my post was to ask why Perpetuum wasn't that well known and the reasons behind that.

I agree bozz, lets keep this thread clean.

My apologies Bozz, i wasnt suggesting you were whining, that was aimed at Snowman

Whining in Perpetuum only happens when exploits are discovered and sanctioned, in the interrim between it's mainly a few select individuals explaining to everyone else how it's only a matter of getting better organized.

We're in the whining cycle now, thus Jelan's having his usual field day. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

This game needs a sister Facebook and Ipad app that can draw players into the mmo game.  I see so many ads for mmos on the right side of my web pages.  Now I just ignore that whole section of the screen. 

Facebook App:  Simple robot turn-based war game that you can play against other players.  It does not have to succeed in itself, but just bring players here.

iPad App: 

1.  Free Download.  Make a downloadable version of one of the islands and a fps robot view.  Have some of the simpler missions for them to run.

2. .99 Download.  Squad-based robot turn-based 2D game.  Let players take over bases and defend.

If I win powerball this week, I will fund these 3 ideas.

I'd love to see an iPhone fitting tool / corp-chat tool. Would be awesome to crack the whip while enjoying the fruits of communism on my favorite sandy beach.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

22 (edited by Kamikazie 2011-09-01 20:27:28)

Syndic wrote:

I'd love to see an iPhone fitting tool / corp-chat tool. Would be awesome to crack the whip while enjoying the fruits of communism on my favorite sandy beach.

Its doable. You would need to read the memory with a third party program then have it send via mirc where you could read what's said and send back to the game. Piroexbots for world of Warcraft do this currently. There's no direct injection, it uses the chat box and a keyboard emulator to send back so the client sees it as the same as me typing it on the keyboard. Alas I only program PHP/HTML/Java. You need. A c++ or maybe c# programmer to do it as it would need to be desktop based not web based.

Wait did I just agree with syndic. Some one shoot me lol

Edit:

I am in no way shape or form telling someone to go do this, simply providing theory crafting as to how it would be done with out taking a 2000lb bomb to the EULA/tos.

Oh, glad you signed up Bozzith, and apologies for leaving so suddenly for my vacation.

On topic you definately have a point, but I think the current stragegy is waiting for some big change that can be advertised and then try to get a new wave of players in the game. Having the said, I certainly hope there will be some sort of drive with the intrusion changes!

I love how you have all been reduced to cradling newbs and all but begging them to stay

Jelan wrote:
Snowman wrote:

And imho there's only one reason for that and its very little to do with the devs or content or balancing.....

Your right, its about market awareness.  Non of those you mention have much impact.

Jelan wrote:

but a lot more to do with CIR and their pets

You spoil us by lavashing us with so much credit!  That a small corp which started out from scratch less than a year ago can single handedly crush the will of so many people..    I'm blushing!