Re: Patch note released SOONER please.

the idea wasnt meant to avoid QQ, whining and general moodiness, but to avoid people spending Nx1000 amount of EP on stupid *** 1 day before that same thing gets nerfed. In that regard it would do the job well in 95% of cases.

If devs are not interested about using that week for checking player input and player reactions to changes, then they simply dont have to.

27 (edited by Triglav 2011-08-26 20:44:48)

BUT !!!

The same thing can be achieved if semi-accurate patch date was announced 1 week in advance, without patch notes. In this case it wasnt.

I'm sure most people will just use the time to safely accumulate the precious EP.

Triglav wrote:

If devs are not interested about using that week for checking player input and player reactions to changes, then they simply dont have to.

If and/or when they want advance player input, it will be in the design stage, not when they've already finished the patch.

The same thing can be achieved if semi-accurate patch date was announced 1 week in advance, without patch notes.

We all knew a patch was coming. Don't see why getting a reminder 1 week before it actually drops should make much difference. Dump the minmax mindset and you'll care much less about this sort of thing.

Theorycraft maybe much, but it's time for the Devs to remove all in-game friends, corp-mates, contacts etc from their Skype contact lists.

Cause its kinda getting ridiculolpus. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Arilou wrote:
Triglav wrote:

If and/or when they want advance player input, it will be in the design stage, not when they've already finished the patch.

The same thing can be achieved if semi-accurate patch date was announced 1 week in advance, without patch notes.

We all knew a patch was coming. Don't see why getting a reminder 1 week before it actually drops should make much difference. Dump the minmax mindset and you'll care much less about this sort of thing.

We knew *** all until 1 day prior to patch day. Where did you get intel? If you don't see it just reread the thread. I thing or 2 might hit you in the head.

31 (edited by Johnny EvilGuy 2011-08-28 20:20:32)

Patch notes?  We don't need no stinking patch notes!  Why do the devs have to hold our hands and coddle us along by letting us get ready a few more piddling days in advance?  I've never seen a software developer that's worth anything release patch notes except when the patch is deployed.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Triglav wrote:

We knew *** all until 1 day prior to patch day. Where did you get intel? If you don't see it just reread the thread. I thing or 2 might hit you in the head.

Intel from: dev blogs, dev posts, player posts and corp chat ("yay! patch due this month!" gradually became "wasn't there a patch due this month?"). Some intel I got from people who also hang out in IRC and/or gen chat. Via "The Great Revamp" alone, announcements were made about: dynamic and elite spawns, low-tier manufacture and relation changes, major assignment changes (specifically the end of the triangle). These even had pretty specific dates attached to them. AC's behind schedule, but not by much. Devs also had notably been paying special attention to certain feature and balance threads in the forum. Lo and behold, most of the remaining changes were related to these topics. (shock)

Protip: A few already-announced, major changes have not appeared yet. At least one is expected quite soon (and is maybe even overdue), others have phrases like "end of the year" printed in their vicinity. Can you guess in what form these changes will appear? (hint: it rhymes with "PATCH")

Ok you ARE stupid. So in your words a player of this game needs to be on the lookout on :

dev blogs, dev posts, player posts and corp chat + all the rest of the high quality rubbish you posted.

A simple developer news item (yes in the same way they release patch notes ingame) saying "we expect a patch to be deploayed at the end of the month"...."....next week" etc could suffice.

Do you even know what the thread is about? no wait dont answer, you dont.

34 (edited by Arilou 2011-08-28 23:16:13)

So in your words a player of this game needs to be on the lookout on: dev blogs, dev posts, player posts and corp chat + all the rest of the high quality rubbish you posted.

First, "needs to be on the lookout" are your words. Second, the point of my words was that there are many different ways to find out, not that you need all of them.

A simple developer news item saying "we expect a patch to be deploayed at the end of the month"...."....next week" etc could suffice.

It would be really handy if these announced new dev blogs, which frequently contain release date estimates: http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … ig-revamp/

You seem to care a lot about patch notes and release dates. Perhaps you should subscribe to the newsletter. wink

Do you even know what the thread is about?

I feel I've stayed on topic fairly well, questioning the need for "Patch note released SOONER please". (SWIDT?)

1) You're a f* troll, gtfo. Your earlier post suggested that ANY player could access the level of info that you could, thus he should access it if he wanted it, in the same way you could.

2) you're a f* troll, gtfo. The topic is about making it easier to make EP spending decisions easier prior to patch. Read between the lines of the topic and OP.

3) The average player does (but mostly doesnt) read blogs :shocker:,  is rarely active on forums and god forbid ****irc and have devs on skype. The point of the post is to find a solution for the average player not trash the op for making a lol topic.

4) Zomg he posts links. Your lollink regarding the blog on summer revamp is a laughable attempt in reply - the estimated dates were all long overdue (which was confirmed in the next blog http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … us-report/), those patches never happened at those dates and if the average-player was to decide his EP spending on those alone, he'd be an angry player at the end of it all. O-wait. He was.

5) Reread 2) and go back to failheap. swidt?

You seem pretty angry. I guess if I was a troll I should be happy about this. hmm

1) Any player can access: forums, IRC, dev blogs, general chat. Nothing stops them. I honestly thought every MMO gamer took it for granted that they should keep an eye on their game's blog. It's a long-term investment and they should want to know where things are going.
2) "Read between the lines of the topic and OP." This is usually a bad idea. It means you're adding meaning that might not actually be there. But even as I do read the OP again, I don't see where I've gone off topic. Every one of my posts has been about how there is already lots of information out there to help people make decisions about EP, even if that decision is to wait until after an announced patch before spending the EP. That the patch is late should make no difference.
3) No, the point of this topic (and any feature topic) is to give voice to ideas on how to implement a suggested feature, and also to give voice to those who think the feature is harmful or unnecessary. The majority of info on upcoming features is on the blogs. So if it helps you, go ahead and ignore all the other sources I mentioned. Get it all from the blog. It's all on the blog. Seriously, it is. The other things I mentioned? The info there is usually just from people who read the blog.
4) So what if they're late? I said they were estimates. Besides, if a patch is late, it hardly means that it disappeared into the ether and isn't ever coming. So if you're saving EP and are waiting for a patch because it might make important changes, you wait a bit longer if it's late. Don't go and spend it all, thinking the changes won't happen. Finally, considering everything that went into the last patch, and that the last date on the blog I linked to was August 22nd. The whole "Great Revamp" project is only 3-4 days late. That's pretty damn close.

Would the OP really be any less angry if he'd spent all those EP 3 weeks ago? What if he'd spent them 2 months ago? If you give 1 week notice on patches, it will be the people who spend EP 2 weeks before the patch that complain. If you sent notes out a month early, it will be the people who spent their EP a month and a day before the patch that complain.

Looking forward to the next one... big_smile

We are playing game, and its turned on 180 degrees sometimes.
We are paying game, and its turned sometimes too.
Nerf, buff, patch, fix, broke, waste, remake, rebalance, improve, fail, and here we go!

Enjoy ur sandbox, and enjoy ur %islandname% while u can.

Wouldn't it be easier to just not spend all your EP right before a patch?

39 (edited by Alexander 2011-09-02 12:01:33)

Wealthy Bigpenis wrote:

Yes.

Also, I am amazed your name is allowed.. tongue

Incoming 'Wealthy Bigkitten'

Alexander wrote:
Wealthy Bigpenis wrote:

Yes.

Hehe it's not. He had to change his name some time ago tongue

All new extensions should be added already leveled to 10. Also, you should get 100 pieces of each tier of any new stuff.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Error wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Wealthy Bigpenis wrote:

Yes.

Hehe it's not. He had to change his name some time ago tongue

And now it's Taurich.. Damn. There I was hoping it'd be something more fun.

43 (edited by Triglav 2011-09-03 12:36:39)

Arilou wrote:

Trolls always continue stupid ***. Seems that a bigger WoT(wall of text) makes it easier for you to believe it. This became offtopic and I've already made my point.

Triglav wrote:

Trolls always continue stupid ***. Seems that a bigger WoT(wall of text) makes it easier for you to believe it. This became offtopic and I've already made my point.

Well... here's the simple version: week-early patch notes will not prevent bad EP spending, and whining during that week will not change the patch contents. hmm