Topic: Distance buying and selling

2 new extentions that could easily help a indy/marketeer

• Distance Sell order: Allows the creation of a sell order at the station/OP that the item being sold at is located however handleing will be charged. (ie. I'm at Galoly and selling 1 mill titan from my personal storage at ICS A) Each level of this extention reduces the handleing charge by 7% Sales Tax will still be applied

• Distance Buy order: Allows the creation of a Buy order/remote purchase at the station/OP that the item being bought at is located however handleing will be charged. (ie. I'm at Galoly and Buying 1 mill titan from Market at ICS A) Each level of this extention reduces the handleing charge by 7% Item purchased will be placed in that terminal/OP in your personal storage

Handleing is basicly a fee the Outpost owners charge for getting the items out of your storage and placing them in to the market.
Distance Buy order will work as a direct market purchase on standing sell orders.

This by no means will help you transport said item only allow for remote marketing.

If these get implemented I would also propose that we have a function that allows remote storage access for a fee(handleing). (ie. I want to put 800 U of helio from my personal storage in ICS A to Corp storage lvl 2 while sitting at Galoly outpost. This should scale interms of U moved.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Re: Distance buying and selling

I like it.
Most people wanted to limit by range but that was very hard to do with a 0 to 10 level extension.
Reducing the NIC cost of buying and selling at a distance would make a lot of sense. It should be a base 10% handling charge and reduce by 1% per level of the extension. Make it a Rank 1 or 2 extension as well.

3 (edited by Annihilator 2011-08-28 14:21:02)

make it based on relation

logistic mission standing will affect only the market in the future anyway. (logical step)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Remote trade is good, no objections.

But remote storage manipulation should be either free or not available at all. Paying NIC for simply dragging stuff around is pure headache.

Sounds great too me.

Alexander wrote:

I like it.
Most people wanted to limit by range but that was very hard to do with a 0 to 10 level extension.
Reducing the NIC cost of buying and selling at a distance would make a lot of sense. It should be a base 10% handling charge and reduce by 1% per level of the extension. Make it a Rank 1 or 2 extension as well.

Perfect I couldn't work out the % so that it would be 'fair' to small Alpha corps and Large Beta corps but I like that. Maybe 13% and lvl 9 and 10 reduce you 2.5% each to make them more tempting to true Logi/indy/markteering toons.
The whole idea came while I was moving Mats from point A to B and saw in market a chance to make Nic on return trip by purchasing titan and moving it back... When I got to station someone had already had my idea and bought all the titan.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win