Re: Pioneer Industry and Engineering [PIE]

What I tell everyone is to try us out. Everything you do while in the corp is designed to improve your character, and the corp just takes a little taste to cover overhead *Guido, you broke my heart*.

So, if you join us, and find it's not the place you want to be, then your time wasn't wasted.

The corp is designed, an ever-improving one I hope, to facilitate the industry vertical and to magnify each characters strengths.

Our near term goal is to get modules out to the markets and bring NIC into everyone's wallets. The long term goal is to leverage our building base to fill large contracts. The game isn't to this point yet, where corps need an auxillary supply system, but we'll be ready for when it is... *If you need one now, PM me smile*

PIE is pleased to announce promotions!

Promoted to officer status:

Elsa
PiyoPiyo

Elsa and Piyo work together to coordinate our production and resource gathering. Thank you both so much for taking on this extra responsibility! Both of these players have been with us for a while now and while they may be new to this game they have a lot of experience in sandboxes.

If your interested in how PIE works - contact Elsa or Piyo in game, as well as Celebro (for our EU contingent) or of course myself.

28 (edited by Arga 2011-08-17 20:07:01)

If your like me, and just click on the new posts of the forums, you'll miss all the great previous posts in this thread!!

PIE isn't a PVP corp, so if your looking for some hot bot-on-bot action I'll point you to any of the fine PVP corps out there. If your looking for a nice social and carebear existance, with some PVE combat fun too, then look no further.

We are a capitalist corp, but we're setup to let our members make profit, not the corp. The corp takes a small piece of the PIE to support builders by keeping materials available and buy/trading with larger corporations in bulk for better rates.

I know I just posted about new officers, but the structure is much more horizontal. Each member can choose independantly to particpiate in corporate build projects, or simply place commodities orders and 'Work your own magic'. Miners are welcome and supported with buy orders, typically trailing market prices with a floor. We work out of Tellesis, so lots of fellow miners to keep you company, for corporate mining operations we work on a per/hour/bot rate, if we out-mine production then our excess goes to the open market and profits go back into larger buy orders.

Edit: Oh yes. The rumors of a Cat-PIE merger have been greatly exaggerated. PIE has no plans to merge at this time.

See you in the field!

We welcome our newest arrival to our EU contingent. Always a good sign when we drag someone into a situation with Grand Observers, which results in a lost bot, and they roll right back out ready for more!

Fear not, he was avenged!

This weekend, we randomly formed up and did battle with a large field of stermenite, which we vanquished. Seeing a field go from red to dead in a couple hours is highly satisfying. More ore means more production!

While we are not aggressively looking for more members, if you feel that "Carebear" isn't a four letter word, and creating things gives you more pleasure then seeing them explode, stop by the CAT-PIE chat, or PM any PIE member online smile

It will be interesting to see how I fit in smile

Industrial Junkie

Good luck Tamas and a another bump for the most reasonable CEO in perp lol

Again, Welcoming new members. Tamas brings a vast amount of production and general Perpetuum experience to PIE, and our capitalist visions of stocking the market and being the 'Goto' alpha industrial corp mesh completely, so I have no doubt he'll fit in perfectly.

He's a little lonely in the EU time zone, so if your an industrial first that thinks NRDS is even a little to aggressive, then drop us a line and help keep him company smile

Weekend overlaps are the funnest for us, when all our timezone members get together and pillage fields of ore, and some hot NPC action.

This is what i see PIE becoming if PO survives Novablobgate, the new Trust Shop

http://eve-history.net/wiki/index.php/I … bility_Inc

I look forward to seeing your fancy online ordering process for modules, if you dont have one start recruiting a web developer tongue

O.O

We actually have the inhouse PIE talent to do something like that, and a web server already online. Until there are some better market export tools though, and maybe an API where we can set stock availablity from ingame, something simple like a static email form would probably do just as well as a full on web shop.

But ... stay tuned - because the neutral business model is our corporate strategy, so you never know.

I am very much a noob but I would be interested in talking to someone about your corp.

We LOVE to talk about ourselves!

Bump, to the best industrial corp and CEO in town big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Arga wrote:

We LOVE to talk about ourselves!

We also are known to frequently talk to ourselves...usually while clutching our knees against our chests, rocking forward and back, sitting in a dark corner of our dining rooms...

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

I applied. Please to be letting me in.

Trap, please talk to Celebro or myself in game, we like to have a little coffee and talk with people first smile

Speaking of that, would like to welcome a couple new members. A new player to Perp and a returning player from launch, glad to have you with us. Oh, and Tryuna from above!

Sorry if I missed anyone, we seem to be growing rather quickly.

Just want to reiterate, PIE is a NRDS corporation - and since no one is red to us, we'll talk first and ask questions later... over tea, with cookies, and you know, some pie.

Trap Card wrote:

I applied. Please to be letting me in.

^^ This!!!!!

What's all this about wasting time with coffee and chit chat!  Trap Card for the win!  I fully endorse membership as Trap's personality suits the long term vision I have for PIE.  Go Go Gadget Accpet Request!!!

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Good going PIE Corp. We've (TOG) have been seeding the market as well for a time. If you guys need any help (prototypes) just give us a yell and we'll help with what we can smile

Thanks! we probably will be looking you up shortly. We are finding, too, that there are still many underserved T1 items too, and we're pushing those out as we identify them. They aren't the fastest moving items on the block (and not a lot of profit), but our hope is soon, if you want a T1 Farlock Nexus or interfence module, there'll be one out there for you to test with.

PIE - Baking Modules and Robots to perfection daily.

Stay sexy arga. So very sexy.

It's a TRAP! smile

If you are a full blooded carebear, if all you are interested in is depleting ore fields and you like chopping down plants, then reuse the materials to build something useful, this corp is for you.

We are 100% industry, 0% PvP.

We are starting to get a better presence in EU timezone as well.
If you are interested, contact me (Tamas Vitez or Tamas Kutato), Arga or Celebro for a chat.

Industrial Junkie

New and improved PIE website coming soon... ok, so just new and not so much improved.

Just a reminder to PIE members:

Our official corp policy is NRDS - Not Red Don't Shoot.

Since at this time, we have not set anyone to red, any aggressive action from a PIE member is in violation of our corporate policy. Our no PVP rule is in place to promote our Friendly and Trade oriented spirit to the residents of Nia. Any PIE members wishing to PVP should instead join Fighting Cats, whom I hear are currently having a lot of fun with that past time. Vilolation of our NRDS policy can, and like will, result in dismissal.

PIE wholly supports the concept of PVP and one of our main goals is to provide high volumes of equipment at reasonable prices to promote this activity to OTHER corporations.

Our arms are open wide to accept all cuddly carebears and now probably acheivement hounds!

Here we are in October already!

PIE is still active and working to produce industry related goods. While we have the ability to produce combat related items, we are choosing to focus on the industrial items first. Sorry, no Medium T4 mining modules smile *but if you have a T4 med miner/harvester CT or PT you'd like to trade or sell, we'll be sure to make good use of it*

We mourn the loss of Fighting cats, but PIE does to PVE kernel farming operations on alpha for fun and profit, so if you like to mine, harvest, or farm drop us a note. But as we actively discourage PVP, there are tons of PVP corps out there that would be better fits for you!