Re: Perpetuum Radio?

Mark Zima wrote:

What's a toolbar player?
(Sorry for my uninformedness but I honestly have no idea what it means.)

She means something embedded in a browser that does not require an OGG codec to be installed like iTunes/WMP does.

Probobly Java based like this: http://www.jcraft.com/jorbis/

Simple but effective and only requires Java which most people have.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

52 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-22 17:27:42)

Too complicated to say if that's right but like.. like this..

http://www.raven-mythic.com/phpBB3/view … &t=985

*twirls a finger at her forehead, incdicating programming ignorance*

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Or slight insanity... which is the same thing as programming.

Arga wrote:

Or slight insanity... which is the same thing as programming.

i thought that was to the side of your head not the forehead ?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

You are correct sir, a twirl around the temple, and she did indeed say forhead... which honestly I've never seen anyone twirl around the forhead, but I can envision it and it would indeed indicate programing - or a swirly.

56 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-24 06:32:34)

Sorry.  It also signifies ESL ignorance.  I meant to *raise right hand to forehead with first two fingers extended, palm facing outward*

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Hey,

I'd like to help with this project! My voice is like *** for Dj stuff ( never rly tried) and my spoken english is topped by my signlanguage, my experience is zero, I can't mix music (yet, this sounds fun, might learn it) and I have no idea how to stream music so that it appears on the radio.

But! I can have a 24 hr playlist of DnB / trance ready for rolling and I might even say some words here and there for the lulz.

I need to be hand guided tho, cause i have no clue what to expect.

If not accepted to the uberranks of Perpradio, I still wish you best of luck and I'm gonna listen to you all (at least for a while tongue, depends on music that's rolling).

o/

Woot see sundial smile he can asplain.

im battening down for Irene this weekend, so.

----

I don't know what battening down irene means, and i sure hope you're not beating the crap out of some poor girl, but I'll be seeing Sundial .P

its the name of a cyclone tongue

----

Yea i know, but the implication was funny smile is it over?

No I'm in the Midatlantic region, starts Sat for me till Sunday, about 21-24 hours of solid ow, allegedly.

----

Is Sun AWOL? Can we setup a time for streamers to meet online this weekend, and coordinate/test?

Don't get washed away Winter smile

64 (edited by Caribdis 2011-08-26 19:31:58)

Winter Solstice wrote:

No I'm in the Midatlantic region, starts Sat for me till Sunday, about 21-24 hours of solid ow, allegedly.

I am in north eastern North Carolina so Hurricane Irene is gonna do her worst here!:(

65 (edited by TokTok 2011-08-26 20:18:35)

why dont you all get with the folks at newedenradio.com one of the DJ's was doing shows in perpetuum and eve on fridays, should be on tonight if that guy is still doing them.

They use Sam broadcaster
http://spacial.com/sam-broadcaster/

or virtual dj, winamp with sam broadcaster plugin, winamp with the shoutcast plugin.

the sam broadcaster software is 300.00 or 3x100.00 and i know the new eden radio guys have a broadcaster licenses.

oh and yes its techno/trance

Triglav wrote:

Yea i know, but the implication was funny smile is it over?

Your avatar scares me.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

mission accomplished then yarr

69 (edited by zigZag 2011-10-28 21:45:23)

request.jumpgatepirateradio.com

do this, plays in winamp,

to use the requests, just click requests. lots of electrick, lots of everything.

not my favorite play list, but hey.. The DJs can use their own play lists.

lets see what you likes...lol

This was made by the gamers from this game, including the adds.

cheers.

70 (edited by The Shade 2011-10-28 22:50:14)

I dont know how i can help but i am willing to. I love music and other then gaming its my main passion. I have done a lot of work in audacity so if you need me to do some editing i wouldn't mind.

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."