Topic: Will observers be hunting players now?

As opposed to players hunting observers.

*Lightweight frame nerfed*

* '''Change:''' Increased the speed and range of Observer NPCs.

Will observers now be faster than the average mech/hmech? Also I take it the superior laser h.mech observer will now destroy everything since he already had 700m range before this range boost patch.

Re: Will observers be hunting players now?

What are you basing this on?

Change: Reconfigured the armor hit point reduction, demobilizer resistance and mass reduction parameters of all lightweight frame modules.

is very nonspecific.

Wait at least until server starts before you make a qq thread.

3 (edited by Purgatory 2011-08-25 15:49:20)

Triglav wrote:

What are you basing this on?

Change: Reconfigured the armor hit point reduction, demobilizer resistance and mass reduction parameters of all lightweight frame modules.

is very nonspecific.

Wait at least until server starts before you make a qq thread.

It has been known for a while that LWF are getting toned down a lot, it doesn't take much to see that this is the change they've been talking about.

And you assume too much, QQ thread? I'm not QQing, I actually would prefer it if observers hunted players, and not the other way around.

I thought assaults and lights will now have greater speeds and mechs and up lower speeds (comparatively)?

Then i guess it was known wrong. Server is up, my bot has same speed and less armor. So stupid topic.

I dont know where people get their information from, since when has it been "well known" that a nerf to frames weight reduction was incoming?

Making guns heavier has significantly more impact on the speed.

I think what the well known part is they talked about the progression of t2-t4 lwf, that is it was always better to use the T4 since it had no downside. A post of the new bonus/penalties for each tier will clear it up.

8 (edited by Sundial 2011-08-25 18:50:51)

Arga wrote:

I think what the well known part is they talked about the progression of t2-t4 lwf, that is it was always better to use the T4 since it had no downside. A post of the new bonus/penalties for each tier will clear it up.

20/20/25/30 reduction (No change)

Only difference is T2 frame has 20% demob penalty vs 25%, all frames HP penalty increased.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

well, there it is, with no change to fitting, its just a straight nerf.

Lights and ewar with T4 are going to have to watch terrain, if you trip on a rock, you could kill yourself.

going to be interesting to see how the weght increase on weapons and reduced hp's work

Arga wrote:

well, there it is, with no change to fitting, its just a straight nerf.

Lights and ewar with T4 are going to have to watch terrain, if you trip on a rock, you could kill yourself.

going to be interesting to see how the weght increase on weapons and reduced hp's work

Everyone will still fit a T4 LWF, no changes at all.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Purgatory wrote:

Will observers be hunteing players now?

no, the only got that AI upgrade that will make your alts primary whenever they see you wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear