Re: New devblog: Intrusion 2.0

I'd like to believe Perpetuum is big enough to allow people to pursuit all kinds of playstyles. Corporations interested in alliances, corporations interested in solo-rolling, corps interested in industry, etc.

Why not? More options the better, as it opens up the "niche" of the game. And who knows, more people might sub as more features and convenient options become available that don't revolve around players doing 1 thing and Developers doing totally opposite of what everyone will do anyway regardless. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I vote nova be turned into a beta NPC zone to allow for these "niche" importunities to become available tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Norhoop, Dom and Kent could all be turned into npc beta islands with one outpost and no one would make the slightest complaint. All three are zombie, why _not_ just make them open to the general public rather than potentially owned by players? In EVE, the npc 0.0 regions are chock full of smaller or newer corps learning the ropes out on beta.

I'd also like it if there was more variety in the spawns on the beta islands. It's all well and good that there are a goodly number of hefty spawns with lots of goodies, but if you want newbies to move to beta there needs to be a few low level small number spawns available for farming. We'd have moved out to beta week one if it weren't the case that all the spawns are full of big bad mobs that *** newbies to death with their cold metal schlongs.

AeonThePiglet wrote:

Norhoop, Dom and Kent could all be turned into npc beta islands with one outpost and no one would make the slightest complaint. All three are zombie, why _not_ just make them open to the general public rather than potentially owned by players? In EVE, the npc 0.0 regions are chock full of smaller or newer corps learning the ropes out on beta.

I'd also like it if there was more variety in the spawns on the beta islands. It's all well and good that there are a goodly number of hefty spawns with lots of goodies, but if you want newbies to move to beta there needs to be a few low level small number spawns available for farming. We'd have moved out to beta week one if it weren't the case that all the spawns are full of big bad mobs that *** newbies to death with their cold metal schlongs.

Yeah a noob farms low lvl NPCs on a beta island with all the risk instead of an alpha island ... not.
If you change the 3 named islands to NPC islands ... what would the exact difference (improvement) be to the current situation? If they're already empty now you can go there if you wish. Either nobody has the wish to go there or it's not as empty as you suggest. Even on those "empty" islands you can do barely more than PvP ... otherwise you're dead meat in no time. Although having higher tier NPCs on beta, a lot of them can be killed/farmed fairly easy due to perfect landscape conditions (sniping T5 light/assult spawns without they can reach you).
Only 1 outpost per island leads to even more camping and outpost hugging. The most dangerous action on betas is to approach an outpost or teleporter.

It's not the dangures NPC spawn which hold new player off ... some people still don't get it *sig*.

EVEN if you place some 1. Havocs on the betas most Rookies wouldn't go there as they don't want to lose their bots every hour against the roming gangs 10v1.

Yes, I do the romings now too ... but not becouse I want to, I have no chose sad. I still hate the ***!
And I saw several spawns, which I maybe can solo. There is just no reason to try them as I know roming gangbang XY will 100% sure visit this spot in the next 60 minutes and all the nice loot+kernals I farmed up to this time will be lost PLUS I will lose my bot+equipment!

Or would YOU wait for the solo farmer until he has no NPC aggro anymore and fight him 1v1?

The money is cool on betas ... the PvP is what holds most people off.
Will there be a day, when all you PvP junkys get this into your brain?

106 (edited by checksum 2011-08-20 14:51:17)

@Jack
Sorry Mate but this is a kind of bullshit you write up here.
This Game is a open pvp sandbox game , thaths why blob is given by nature - and of course you get blowed up as single player wherever you go on Beta - this is natural law. lol
Nothing to change on that. And this will also never change!
But you may forget that this game is everything about teamplay and organization!
You can go to Beta to farm if you have enough forces and you are organized to do so.
Learn to Organize your self instead to dropp tears (sweet tears).
This is what this game is about.
And i would like also to encurage the DEVs to implement Alliance features to this game .
(Hint: blob is natural law in this game) So only corporations and players are able to get use out of this law which are organized. You know always the stronger Dog can ***. tongue

Regards
Checksum

gangbang XY will 100% sure visit this spot in the next 60 minutes

Adapt. Maybe don't do the can+sequer thing, maybe use a detector, maybe bring a newb buddy to scout. Just 'cause it's not the same as on Alpha doesn't mean it won't work at all.

Yeah a noob farms low lvl NPCs on a beta island with all the risk instead of an alpha island ... not.

It wouldn't be the only draw. It just mitigates a possible deterrent (perception that there's nothing a newb can do on their own). To make it an actual incentive, you could reduce Alpha to only sub-mech or lvl0-1 spawns.