Topic: artifact auto-tag bug

Mechanic: NPCs spawned from a normal artifact will be automatically tagged for you for 5 minutes

Bug: Tags to specific bot, not to character.

Recreate: Trigger artifact spawning npc's with bot 1. Go back to terminal to grab bot 2. Return to spawn site in 1-2min to see npcs tagged to someone else (+). Note if anyone is in the area. Note if NPC are moving in one direction (indicating chasing someone), or running in circles (indicating no one touched them). Wait until the five minutes is up to see tag disappear. Conclude that the npc was tagged to bot 1, not to character.

As I am a solo account, I need to go back to base to grab my combat bots to kill observers.

Re: artifact auto-tag bug

AFAIK you lose that tag when you dock

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

This is an interesting bug..
As far as I know every time you deploy you're moving servers (All terminals are on the chat/world server and each island runs on an array of servers).
Each deploy you're character is assigned an ID rather than doing more database work and getting your universal UUID of your character NPC tags and such are assigned to your this temp ID and that temp IDs corps ID. (This may not be the case but having talked to the devs in general chat during beta testing I was lead to believe this is how transfering characters across regions worked)

However even if this character leaves the terrain despite having an NPC tagged when that NPC die the container should be locked to the characters corp and not their ID.

However I could be wrong and honestly if this is a real bug then the devs should be able to fix it very quickly as it sounds like assignment of values is going wrong somewhere.

I don't think anyone, except Devs, knows how its calculated. I think Alex has a good presumption though.

Anni, if that's the case, then the bot shouldn't even have a "+" on it if I dock and no one touches it.

Earlier convo with GM:

[17:58:44] <Alfredson> just wondering if its a bug; it was still tagged to my other bot
[17:59:25] <GM Blaster> if you lose sight of it, you lose the tag

Which is wrong too, as I tried multiple times to lose sight and bot is still tagged to me "O" when i'm in my first bot, then "+" when i switch to 2nd bot.

GM Blaster continues to prove they're paid hire that doesn't play the game.
I think I preferred it when GMs played the game and broke rules because at least they knew how to play the game.

Srsly though. Train the GM how the game works but don't let them play. Best of both worlds.

Alexander wrote:

GM Blaster continues to prove they're paid hire that doesn't play the game.
I think I preferred it when GMs played the game and broke rules because at least they knew how to play the game.

Srsly though. Train the GM how the game works but don't let them play. Best of both worlds.

GMs that play the game are the best GMs.

Also back on topic. i have seen some NPCs spawned by artifact scanning stay tagged for 30mins.

Reproducing this has been a little harder coz well.... no 1 wants to wait 30mins to kill an observer tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Tags on NPCs remain if no one can see the NPC. It's very possible.

jep, thats possible. You can also see npc running back into their spawn without any player near you (which means, they are standing still as long as they are not seen by anybody)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Update: i replicated the above situation with two npc bots spawned from infestation artifact. First bot I engaged with a "+" still on it. The second bot I waited until "+" disappeared before engaging. I was able to loot BOTH containers.

So, the bots being "+" were still tagged to me. Seems like someone messed up with the graphics, not the mechanic

Alfredson wrote:

Update: i replicated the above situation with two npc bots spawned from infestation artifact. First bot I engaged with a "+" still on it. The second bot I waited until "+" disappeared before engaging. I was able to loot BOTH containers.

So, the bots being "+" were still tagged to me. Seems like someone messed up with the graphics, not the mechanic

If they're tagged to someone in your corp you can loot them when killed.
As I said when docking and deploying again I assume your character is assigned a new ID on the island server but the NPC is tagged to your old ID which is also tagged to your CORP ID which means when you kill it you can still loot it..

This is without knowing anything about the server architectural but I find this a possibility worth posting.