1 (edited by Triglav 2011-08-16 16:29:55)

Topic: Radar pinging by double clicking instead of single click

Please change this accordingly, as simply as the topic suggests.

In large squads, it's way too easy for all members who dabble with the radar to click on it randomly, so meaningless pings get transmited quite often unintentionally. This mostly comes from the fact that in most windowsTM windows, you need to focus that window before you're able to zoom in and out.

As all windows (or none) in perp are focused, the subconscious click automatically pings the map.

Double clicking the map would perform same action with no hindrance and would solve the above problem. Also double clicking in windows based system (also others) means taking action on the pixel that was double clicked, on the radar pinging is that action so in that regard the UI controls would remain consistent.

Thanks.

EDIT: not part of this topic, but multiple people have requested to have the ping sound on/off option in settings. Easy to do.

Re: Radar pinging by double clicking instead of single click

My map window's 'X' is usually over the radar map. It's easy to miss the "X" when trying to close the window and ping the radar instead. Not game breaking, but a double click would solve the 'errant click' issue.

Yes please!

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

I don't really have an opinion either way, but I kind of miss shouting "enemies to the north north west, 1400m from my position!" and then everyone figuring out wtf that means. The whole thing felt so nautical.

And then we had our scout ping tracing the route of an enemy none of the ewars could see, allowing an easy intercept, and I practically spooged my pants so I definitely love it.

Our biggest issue is that the decay time is a little too quick. A, it's a bit of a pain that people might miss something and B, it's hard to draw a nice looking *** when it decays so fast!

5 (edited by Arga 2011-08-16 23:21:18)

How about a short 1 sec ping with 1 click and a longer 10 sec ping with double click. then oops disappear fast, and you can also use it to just grab attention to a spot, while the longer ping can be used to direct troops...

phallic shapes should automatically animate ...

Arga wrote:

phallic shapes should automatically animate ...

+1 to this!

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/