Topic: Emergency teleport beacons

Can you actually make them as an emergency beacon. Waiting 3 minutes for it to warm up isn't "emergency" a 30 second wait time to warm up would be fair. Emergency Beacon @ 3 minute wait and 10 second teleport ($3 mil) delay compared to a standard beacon ($300k)  for 3 minute warmup and 30 jump delay not a fair comparison.
An emergency beacon should be able to get you out fairly quick in an "emergency".

Re: Emergency teleport beacons

Emergency beacons should be 5 uses are most well. Meaning they're not for troop movements or material transports but for escaping but they're expensive. It's like insurance. Plus they're very easy to destroy so it's okay for PVPers.

Also lower their masking to 80 so you can see them a long way away. (All beacons).

A solo ewar if skilled enough can kill a beacon before it's used. They just can't see them. Hah.

they are not for emergency teleporting of single players, but for whole groups.

try to get more then one bot through a standard teleport beacon.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well then that would be a sacrifice.

Idea for now ??

New Emergency Teleport Beacon
Cost $3 mil
Time from deploy to first use 10 seconds. Maximum cycles 3.

Deploy and get 3 people out in 30 seconds at a high cost, beacon gone.

Oh please...this is sad that you even bring this up.

Just want unkillable ninja miners sad

So NO

This Is Your Mother Speaking.

How about instead you actually play the game properly Omen?  Maybe, just maybe, you could protect your mining ops with some combat bots and perhaps even I dunno...some scouts? roll

I don't know, I think this could be OK if they re-introduce the stealth assault. Stealth sits 500m off the mining op waiting for the roam to arrive, 3 Mechs show up on the miners radar so they deploy the emergency beacon. Assault locks it in 6 second and blows up the glass TP before it can be used.

This also isn't a get-away-free card, the combat op team can put bots on the TP's too, and catch them there, if they don't have an assault.

Makes ganking miners require more planning then just stumbling on them. Right now, the only defense miners have is hoping they don't get spotted, or only mining close to outposts. Maybe giving them a false sense of security with an emergency TP is exactly what PVP needs to trick...err I mean entice, more miners to get those fields more than 1k away from the outpost.

well, even with an emergency beacon, your not safe in an instant.

theres still the chance that you are jumping right into the arms of some teleport campers, with 1minute of teleport-instability.

if someone can escape with the use of a mobile teleport, the roaming gang kinda deserves it (they can see the miner from twice the distance as the miner can see their scout)

dunno if buffs are removed instantly when teleporting, but if not, a "painted" target that jumps can be seen from nearly all over the island, so you know where he jumped off too.

so in my humble opinion, the emergency beacon doesnt need the 3minute deploy timer. even with instant deploy it would not be overpowered, it would just need a smarter roaming gang.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear