Re: Sequer.nl - tools and info for Pepetuum

To be honest you can't always waste your time on backwards compatibility.

Would be nice if public fittings worked and you could rate them. Also showing fitting information would be nice with an option to apply character extensions to it or not.

The fitting tool is what makes this website very useful and suggesting fittings to others would be a good use for it.

Sorry about that Doek sad

Alexander is right - no use wasting time on IE8 if it causes so many hassles. I'll change browser - easier smile

Very nice mate! Great work.. and man your fast, I thought this would take 10x longer to get done.

=S=
sha

quote=Jelan "Edit: Same old, same old. - DEV Calvin"

I'd like to report the following bug when trying to add a new agent.

Select Asintec as the megacorp
Select Xiantan University of Chemical Engineering as the School

The Specialty drop down list is then empty

FYI I'm using Chrome.

30 (edited by Doek 2011-08-06 05:26:30)

Yeah, the dropboxes turned out to be a pain. You could use Firefox (which responds to CSS when the website tells it to hide/show options), but I'll rebuilt that page soon and have it have a graphical selector (just like in-game).

edit: turns out it's not that much work: http://i.imgur.com/JRLOI.jpg (work in progress)

edit 2: bug squashed, e.g. you can now simply select your starter stuff by clicking pictures, near identical to how you did when you created a character.

Seems to be a bug with 2 of my fittings. a Riveler & Symbioint
The fittings are not loading

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

bigsteve wrote:

Some seem to have gone missing. A few of my castel fittings went missing. Database wipe?

Alexander wrote:
bigsteve wrote:

Some seem to have gone missing. A few of my castel fittings went missing. Database wipe?

It was so bad that it crawled under a rock and killed itself.

Siddy wrote:
Alexander wrote:
bigsteve wrote:

It was so bad that it crawled under a rock and killed itself.

They were the fittings you helped make. smile

35 (edited by Doek 2011-08-14 03:23:19)

Alexander wrote:
bigsteve wrote:

Nope, but it was an easy bug to fix. Unfortunately I started messing in nearly all the original codebase, so I need to finish that first. The database is safe, I'd like to think it's fairly solid even against drunk Doek.

edit: bug should be gone.

36 (edited by Sundial 2011-08-15 02:45:24)

Doek, you are my hero.

BTW, aux accumulator currently do not add on to your accumulator capacity

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Also Doek, I think you forgot to calculate green bots or specifically the Tyranos bonus in Accumulator recharge time.

I can see Energy Management is used, but the 5% * Robotics Level is not currently working, at least in the case of the Tyranos.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

Also Doek, I think you forgot to calculate green bots or specifically the Tyranos bonus in Accumulator recharge time.

I can see Energy Management is used, but the 5% * Robotics Level is not currently working, at least in the case of the Tyranos.

Yeah, still working on that one. It comes down to sitting down, going through the market, encoding it in some format (probably a database), and adding code to effect bonuses.

Just now, I did upload a new version which runs a 10 min. accumulator simulation, giving a reasonable picture of how the accumulator is going to behave. I have some code in the works that'll allow disabling modules and loading charges.

I'm a complete math idiot, so if anyone's got an idea how to solve it with a formula instead of basically trying to imitate the game, please :-)

Proof (running a stopwatch next to the game then using the same fit on the site): http://i.imgur.com/YDgHS.jpg

Planner data dump has the bonuses.
I've pulled them out in SQL format for you: https://gist.github.com/1149898.
(No idea what's the purpose of "effect_enhancer" flag).

Mark Zima wrote:

Planner data dump has the bonuses.
I've pulled them out in SQL format for you: https://gist.github.com/1149898.
(No idea what's the purpose of "effect_enhancer" flag).

Ah. Well, that also clear up a lot, seeing these aggregates. I know from the dictionary there must've been specific ones other than just, say, damage modifier (each weapon type and size have their own), but I made a choice when dealing with the ambiguity of the csv exports. It's still going to require some work getting them in, but it certainly helps having a definite list. Thanks for that.

Definite list for aggregates is fragments/getAggregateFields.txt (in the planner data dump). There are 350+ of them in total, although only 150 or so are linked to items.

The bad news is, of these 150 only 40 have clear relation to extensions (via bonuses). How to relate the remainig 110 is open question (central to the development of a fitting tool IMO).
Of course it can be done manually, because the names are pretty obvious, but I vowed to never do manual data entry again.

Maybe it's time to ask the DEVs hmm

Awesome work Doek!

I just noticed that my profile lists Expert Efficient Mass Production as a rank 3 extension while in-game it is listed as a rank 5. The description is also garbled but that may be due to IE8.

Raptine wrote:

Awesome work Doek!

I just noticed that my profile lists Expert Efficient Mass Production as a rank 3 extension while in-game it is listed as a rank 5. The description is also garbled but that may be due to IE8.

Ah, thanks for noticing that. Could you post a screenshot? I couldn't find what you mean with IE9 running in IE8 mode.

44 (edited by Doek 2011-08-21 20:47:02)

I've added a mapping tool, allowing you to explore Nia in a familar way (I mean, who hasn't used Google Maps right?) and drop markers (by clicking the map) denoting spawns, mineral presence, tacticals, etc. Corporation-wide sharing coming very soon. Heavy on the modern standards, so use the latest versions of IE, Firefox, Safari or Chrome if you encounter issues.

http://i.imgur.com/0XMhA.jpg

Doek wrote:

I've added a mapping tool, allowing you to explore Nia in a familar way (I mean, who hasn't used Google Maps right?) and drop markers (by clicking the map) denoting spawns, mineral presence, tacticals, etc. Corporation-wide sharing coming very soon. Heavy on the modern standards, so use the latest versions of IE, Firefox, Safari or Chrome if you encounter issues.

This is a very impressive use of google maps.
Any plans for an artifact application powered by google maps too?
I've written, with the help of others, an application that uses scan data to map out locations using html 5 and java script.

It's pretty simple but what it's missing is a zoom function. This would be a great addition.

Doek wrote:

Doek,

you are doing a very nice job with your tool site!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Question about the mapping tool. When can we expect to maybe see options for Light, assault, mech and heavy mech terrain map options?

48 (edited by Doek 2011-08-22 06:54:04)

Alexander wrote:

Question about the mapping tool. When can we expect to maybe see options for Light, assault, mech and heavy mech terrain map options?

It's just a lot of work, stitching together screenshots from the in-game map (that's the only source I know of). Right now it's light (taken from my Cameleon), and heavy mech would right now be a no anyway wink

By missing a zoom function you mean your tool right? wink Well the code is all client side, so view the source to see what I did here.

edit: Hmm, that reminded me; the Mercator projector won't allow for any of those features, since the distances will become larger as you move towards the poles. The Perpetuum map is flat, so I'd have to have it use an Euclidean projection. So that's why the generic labels are positioned for now.

edit 2: I'm right now reworking the world to fit a 1 pixel = 60 cm scale. The base map I exported from the game (using the console) has a 1 pixel = 1 meter scale, so whatever math in meters / 0.6 = in-game meters.

edit 3: the mapping tool is now more properly scaled and uses it's own projection class. Also, I've retained the 0 zoom setting, so you can zoom out and watch the islands disappear. Don't get lost!

I've added a visual artifact scanning feature. I have not done artifact scanning myself yet, but I've heard it goes a little something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/sj9wF.jpg

If you have some math to offer, drop me a line.

Thanks for all the hard work.