Topic: even ammo distribution when loading/reloading weapons

Let's say you have 100 rounds of ammo left, your guns are empty and you hit "reload". It's a bit annoying that the game mechanic puts all the ammo in 1 weapon, leaving the other wepons empty. An even distribution across all weapons would be really nice.

What's your opinion?

Re: even ammo distribution when loading/reloading weapons

Works as intended .

+1

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Bots use ammo?  That must explain all that stuff they have for sale on the market!

Realy though, I like this idea.  +1

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

would be nice, but it would have to be a settable option.

+1 - I have said this from the very first time I noticed the reloading algorithm. Current reload algorithm = suckage.

This is easy to say, but it's actually a lot of programming to cover all the possiblities.

+1, but i wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Arga wrote:

This is easy to say, but it's actually a lot of programming to cover all the possiblities.

+1, but i wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

I put this situation under the classification of "growing pains".  A smoothly functioning and predictable reload algorithm is an essential part of any combat based game that uses ammo.  To my way of thinking, if the reload algorithm is less than perfect, then it represents a fundamental game flaw that needs fixing, i.e. growing pains. 

Weapons need to remember what ammo you loaded, and try to reload that same type, then as the Op states, evenly distribute ammo if there is not enough to max out capacity of all weapons.  This is a reasonable expectation, and since the reload mechanics don't meet this expectation, it appears to players to be bizarre and poorly coded.