1 (edited by Arga 2012-02-19 02:13:06)

Topic: Pioneer Industry and Engineering [PIE]

Edit: PIE will be put into hiberantion mode until further notice.

An independent producer of goods for the betterment of the Nian occupation.

We are a small corporation dedicated to bringing to market modules and robots for use by new and veteran players in their fight against the Nian Empire. If those same items happen to be used against another Earth corporation that is none of our business.

If your looking for PVP this is not the corp for you. By refraining from the direct involvement of political struggles we maintain a state of neutrality in our trade and production agreements.

Our broad scope is the vertical integration of the production methodologies, from Mining to Market. With our focus shifting with the heartbeat of the world.

Currently we are increasing our research through the continual reduction of Nian robots with the goal of providing high tiered items for the upcoming confrontation.

PIE, helping build this world from the bottom up.

--- Copied from previous post --

There are games and there are hobby games.

Back before games were digital, it was easy to tell the difference between a regular game and a hobby game. When you opened up the game of "Monopoly" it took just a few minutes to read the directions and you were off and playing. Then there was that weird neighbor guy with the table set up in his garage with 100's of little cardboard squares on a huge painted grid. 30 mins in and out for "Monopoly" where that other guy barely even sorted out the infantry pieces in that amount of time.

Nia is much more of that hobby game of the past then of the rainy day distraction board game.

We are pioneers in this new world, Nia. And unlike those games in the garage, this one doesn't need to be put away, doesn't get upset by the dog, and is open to players across the world not just across the street.

We are pioneers, so we endure the hardships, we struggle and scrape to gain a foothold. Everything we do, in some way, matters. Hobby games are fun, but they are also demanding. Hobbies are defined by the value of the personal achievement you recieve from it, not by any tangible reward. Hobby games are the same, the point isn't to just stack the little cardboard pieces on the other side of the map, its the process of getting them there that makes the game.

We are pioneers, those that follow will reap the benefit of our work without acknowledgement. We toil for the satisfaction of the game, not for the game itself. Our goals are our own and achieving them is the reward.

We. Are. Pioneers.

Re: Pioneer Industry and Engineering [PIE]

+1 for this initiative. Its the kind of content so central in a sandbox, that only players can make it happen.

The cake is a lie, have some PIE wink

RIP PERPETUUM

>.>
<.<

*whisper* I like cookies too, don't tell anyone.

I would definitely be interested in giving PIE a try, hehe, I rhymed... Anywho, I'd love to join up with you guys. Im a miner/merchant myself, currently driving a Termis but I'm ready to bump up as soon as I can afford it.

Demi - much like the Dev's, this new bonanza of players has caught me unprepared. smile

But if you are a carebear, interested in mining and/or production, then you'll fit right in. Currently we are experiencing login difficulties (Abstainance to allow less tollerant souls a chance to play) but after the devs correct the issue I'll be online.

Normal operating hours for me are 8pm to 12am Pacific time, but we have coverage during the EU times too.

Arga wrote:

>.>
<.<

*whisper* I like cookies too, don't tell anyone.

Your secret is safe with us! big_smile

Have a bump to the top as a side-effect of my interest.  In the next few weeks, I'll be getting my personal Perp house together.  Once I learn a bit more about the game and have something more than clueless n00bery to offer, I'll be asking to join.  Aside from sounding tasty, PIE seems to align well with my own delicious industrial goals in the game and I too am living in PST-land.

-Johnny EG

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

I'm usually on all weekend, and this is a long one, look me up and we'll chat. smile

I'd be interested in joining as well, although as a newbie I don't have much to offer at the moment. I'd like to do research and prototyping, but for now I'm busy mining to support my expensive kernel buying habits, running missions for rep and making an unholy mess of my extensions.

I'm also PST based, playing mostly evenings.

Thanks for the interest, I'll be in game tonight, PM me or Celebro to see if we'll be a fit.

10 (edited by Arga 2011-08-02 01:02:19)

Thank you all for your interest.

Cheers!

/waves and a bump. Seems like a very interesting Corp wink

Descent
Selling quality ore since 2011

Good luck Arga, there isnt a more reasonable person on the whole of Nia.

I was just saying last night that we need an Industrial 3i type corp within perpetuum to start seeding the market and making huge profits for its members

Profit... what is this thing of which you speak?  -.0

Thanks for the bump!

PIE - great guys I talk with them every day.

-------
ANY kind of Micro Transactions / P2W - I QUIT!

The Spice must flow ...

While frank used spice to show the potential impact of disrupting trade by losing access to critical resources, Nia uses Epitron to set that same stage.

The Epitron must flow ...

There may be some confusion in the upcoming days, but PIE is an industrial corp. And while a few members may participate in some form of PVP or another - including accessing Epitron, as a corporation our position is we don't fire unless fired-upon; regardless of your standings. We'll defend ourselves and if possible come to the aid of our fellow industrialists, but we don't have the training, equipment, nor motivation for pro-active PVP combat.

In addition to production, one of our long-term goals is to foster trade; a conduit for resources between islands and corporations. It's impossible to be idealistically neutral in a game built on conflict, but realistically we will attempt to be on as positive terms with as many players, corporations, and alliances as the situation will allow.

Come join PIE, FC, and other industrialist corps in the Cat-PIE channel in game!

good guy has stuck for awhile now.

I just needed to expand our Max Member limit, so we have room for another Sequar hugging carebear type that likes to

'Dive McScrouge style into your NIC pools' - Winter Solstice

That is, if your a capitalist carebear player, looking for a small corp intent on dragging the Nian market out of the dole-drums, we could be the place for you.

Some things in the Capitalist model as applied to Manufactoring that seem to be working well for us.

Miner Luv, the kind that won't get you 20 years and your name on a register.

At the begining of the vertical process of 'value-add' is the resource gatherers. Initially we started with paying about 1/2 of the market rate to our resource gathering people, and then compensated them by offering upgrades produced at the reduced cost of the resources. The issue here was that output exceeded demand. While the miner was continually selling ore, they only occasionally needed to replace of upgrade equipment. Being a non-PVP corp these players were not having to always replace combat bots on an alt, so this seemed very unfair to the miners.
     We changed it to offer the resource gatherer's market buy prices at minimum, or higher depending, to encourage a specific resource or to account for hauling. The modules and bot offering prices went up, but the income increased more then the cost of modules and resulted in an overall gain for the gatherers.

We're fairly happy with the first level of the vertical, still working on the refining, production, and marketing. However we have a great group of people and I'm sure as a team we'll figure out something to get the profit where it belongs, in our members wallets!

*ding*

Everytime the Tellesis fog horn sounds, another Pioneer has joined the team. Or it happened once on coincidence, but if it works for angeles and christmas trees, it's good enough for PIE.

Young indy accounts can learn a lot from this CEO one of the best Alpha production crews set up, hands down.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

PIE for everyone!

Your corporate tag doesn't stop us from dealing with you as a human being... or robot being, or whateve it is you are.

Come talk to us and a few other producers in the Cat-PIE channel, we chat about the market and trends, maybe even throw out a bone or two where we think new producers can make some NIC. Talk is cheap - and we sell it in bulk! ... um hmm

Cheers!

Well established and dedicated mining/industry corp now looking for more players in EU TZ too!

New players are welcome, we have fairly young players already in Termis MkII bots.

Our internal market is filling up nicely with buy/sell orders.

We also had one of our younger players promoted recently.

We value individuality above all, as long as you are interested in industrial/mining side of the game only this might be the corp for you.

RIP PERPETUUM

Having been cast out into the cold by the paranoid, a couple of expatriates from Hershfield are seeking a new home.

If your idea of a good time is talking about monkey's while trying to decide which modules will sell best on the open market, or talking about carbon nano technology while lasers decimate an awesome red field of ore, or not saying anything at all, then PIE could be the place for you!

smile

BugSplat wrote:

Having been cast out into the cold by the paranoid, a couple of expatriates from Hershfield are seeking a new home.

Confirming that Arga doesn't kick people out of the corp.  I'm still a member and I contribute very little aside from being a liability here on the forums.

Tolerance, Arga has it....either that or I'm blocked/ignored....not quite sure which just yet.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/