1 (edited by SamoJamo 2010-12-04 15:47:49)

Topic: Loading screen hang

Hi, just got the game yesterday but I couldn't play it as after it prompts you to log in the loading bar hangs at just under half-way for quite a long time and then returns to the log in screen then repeats if I log in again.

I got in last night around 12 am (GMT +10, living in Australia) but when I logged out (around 12 pm today) I got the above problem again. Will keep trying and post updates.

Help is appreciated.

4 pm: Still nothing.

Later: Still nothing.

Later: Got on at about 12am again, figure I'll just leave the client open as a workaround.

2 (edited by Crynth 2010-12-04 18:44:57)

Re: Loading screen hang

I'm getting the same thing. I startup and it tries to connect and crashes.

I tried to run a clean install (I kept a backup from last time I downloaded), but it freezes when updating and I get this error:[Click]

I tried re-downloading the game and get this error: [Click]

It doesn't crash on the login screen now, just keeps trying to connect and failing.

Ok, after numerous attempts I managed to redownload and its working fine now.

It seems copy/pasting the game folder can cause it to become corrupted?

5 (edited by SamoJamo 2010-12-05 06:00:40)

Tried that...it seemed to have no effect, positive or otherwise.

I can connect now, for no reason I can see...think I'll just leave it.

EDIT: it crashed, and the problem has resumed.

Later: Got in again at 4:00pm...can't see any correlation with being able to login though.

Been having the same problem all week. Opening weekend no problem, now I just can't get in.

I managed to connect fine once I VPN'd through a server in San Fran (from asia), but the ping/disconnect makes it unplayable. Still, might help pinpoint the issue.

8 (edited by SamoJamo 2010-12-05 09:18:52)

Where are you from, Crynth? Might be somewhat of a region issue.

EDIT: when I lost connection to the server, the problem returned, although now it will only go to about a quarter of the loading bar. Very strange.

I'm in Canada.

I find if I download a clean install, and don't copy the game folder or try to log onto two clients at once, it works ok. Sometimes it happens after a crash, in which case I can't find any fix but re-download.

The loading bar freezing at the end is a but to do with logging out and not restarting the client.
The loading bar freezing before it's full sounds packet loss related. Client doesn't seem to attempt to send a lost packet again when logging in. Could be wrong but it sounds like SamoJamo's problem is connection related.

The Game

11 (edited by Kethir 2010-12-06 18:14:55)

Getting the exact same problem, just got the game myself hoping to play it. Somehow managed to get past the login screen once, created a character, got disconnected and cant get back ingame. I admit i have a couple % of packet loss sometimes, but that's never been an issue with other games.

N hours later: no change whatsoever, connection is currently working perfectly (0% loss, minimal ping)
Aaand 5 minutes later i log in:/ ...and two minutes later im disconnected and unable to log back in yet again.

Yeah, it may be connection related but I can connect at presumably off-peak times and I have no trouble with other games, so I don't know what to think.

I've port forwarded and done everything I can think of, if anyone has solutions I'll try them.

Two days later, nothing changed. Still cant get past login most of the time, and apparently im also getting another disconnect problem as discribed in this post http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … something/
Tried contacting support, but havent heard from them yet..

Well seems like i have found some sort of solution for now. I turned on Anchorfree Hotspot Shield (vpn program) and now im having a decent connection..no clue why but it seems to work lol

Hmm. Looks like this VPN service jumps trough some points for you. I would recommend trying it for anyone who tries to play far from europe. -200ms pingtime to australia!

Ps: Lot's of australian players already noted that the connection is instable and laggy with our servers. As long as we can't improve our connection, this application might handful. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … cket-loss/
(I used for checking the ping to australia, with the pingplotter software showed there.)

Well, surprisingly my solution is working great, had zero problems with lag and disconnects so far. Out of curiosity, where are the servers located? Thought they're in europe, but since this vpn set me up with an US address i guess they're somewhere in america?

They are in Budapest, Hungary.

When having hotspot on I'm getting the following

Connecting..... about 10 sec

Connection lost!

-Unable to reconnect. The possible reason are you have lost your internet connection
-The prepetuum server is currently offline

I disable hotspot everything works fine. However pings are still high.

Any light on this one ? I'm from New Zealand

Thanks
Sac

I'm having a similar problem as sacen.

I started playing this game while I was home from Christmas break.  Everything worked fine. I'm back at college now, and I cant log in.  I connect to the server and am able to type in my user name and password.  However, the loading bar only goes about 20%, and then I get the message that sacen gets.  My college uses Cisco NAC for security, but I've never had problems with any other game. 

Any ideas?
Thanks