Topic: Respawning Observers

I think this feature's intent has been achieved and every corporation on the server has a completed tech tree & reasonable stockpile of observer kernels, could you fix it now please? It's a bit annoying.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Re: Respawning Observers

I agree. Killing 5 observers in a row from a single spawn got a little boring.
What's neat is they also spawn on top of you when they spawn.
I am sure there are some people who really didn't like that.

Alexander wrote:

I agree. Killing 5 observers in a row from a single spawn got a little boring.
What's neat is they also spawn on top of you when they spawn.
I am sure there are some people who really didn't like that.

Confirming I did not like that.

4 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-08 07:12:27)

Arguing our tech tree is not finished.  Agreeing it still hurts to spawn them so fast and on your head.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

This is probably another issue the devs knew about but waiting for players to Q.Q about before fixing it.. Like deployment timers randomly increasing and going funky.

6 (edited by Purgatory 2011-08-08 08:57:50)

Yay for superior kain obsevers spawning directly on your head. And surviving!

Well they ONLY have 350m killing range big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Yay for free no-effort complete tech tree for the whole server... big_smile

CIR Complaint Form

I like observers. Delicious kernals. tongue

big_smile big_smile big_smile

Oh we do too, it's just that this funky mechanic is kinda *** on everyone who has been grinding for months.

But I understand completely, game is "too hard" for ADD kids and the subs, oh the precious subs, must be saved. I mean, how dare people who have been playing longer, have an advantage?!!?! Now gief purples plx.

Btw this is, indeed, flamebait big_smile

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Syndic wrote:

I don't know what observers you're talking about, the ones i've seen are like this. They either die and don't respawn, or they die and respawn once, or sometimes, they will die and respawn an extra time. I had a superior observer spawn 50m from me, on my head.

The ones we're talking about keep spawning over and over, up to like 5 times or more.

13 (edited by Syndic 2011-08-08 10:25:33)

Purgatory wrote:
Syndic wrote:

I don't know what observers you're talking about, the ones i've seen are like this. They either die and don't respawn, or they die and respawn once, or sometimes, they will die and respawn an extra time. I had a superior observer spawn 50m from me, on my head.

I'm talking about bugged observers that you continually kill for 20+ times with instant-respawns after death. hmm Broken mechanic is broken, but to be honest this feels intended to satisfy the ADD crowd that can't be arsed to grind kernels. Bugs of this magnitude are usually fixed instantly, we're on day 6 after it's been reported.

At least some of us will have plenty of observer-kernels to insta-aquire whatever new modules are added in the game. lol

CIR Complaint Form

14 (edited by Purgatory 2011-08-08 10:43:04)

Syndic wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
Syndic wrote:

I'm talking about bugged observers that you continually kill for 20+ times with instant-respawns after death. hmm Broken mechanic is broken, but to be honest this feels intended to satisfy the ADD crowd that can't be arsed to grind kernels. Bugs of this magnitude are usually fixed instantly, we're on day 6 after it's been reported.

At least some of us will have plenty of observer-kernels to insta-aquire whatever new modules are added in the game. lol

I've not seen one that respawns more than 2 times. I did hear of people in general chat talking about one that spawned over and over in the same spot, or so it was claimed. Upon investigating however it was killed and did not respawn any further times.

Syndic wrote:
Purgatory wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Dude what are you smoking? Either you're talking bullshit or you (and your corp) is the only one using/knowing of this exploit(?). I've hunted Observers since i started playing ... and it happened only 2 times that another GO spawned the moment i killed one. One more ... not 5, not 20! Hardly a broken mechanic. Have a look at the prices for GO kernels ... higher than ever before. Obviously the market isn't flooded with them.
Do i have to remind you that it was easier to farm them in past? Hint: fixed spawning and artifact scanning mechanisms in terms of observers.

Oh CIR has its research already completed ?? Of course AC should take observers out of game now. CIR = happy = all happy? No.

Afraid of large gangs coming for you in T4 fitted Mechs soon?

16 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-08 11:47:12)

If they are respawning too quickly and infinitely *everywhere* it needs to be fixed, period.  But I have a suspicion this is not a global server issue, and thus will be harder to pin down.  I'd be hearing my TS going berzerk if it was; we're ravenous for kernels. 

I've heard of one incident of a 5x spawn but no more than that, and that they were spawning instantly and close, which is too fast, and too close - less because it could be "exploited" and more because it's flat out dangerous for low EP toons to run into something buggy like that.

There is fun in exploring the map and finding Observers, and though it is "nice" to find a wonky spawn in *our* situation *if* we're ready for it, something permanently always wonky is never going to be good for high or low end players, end of story.

I doubt it has anything to do with ADD when a good majority of the newer player base is used to having at least 6-8 months of skilling under their belts before they feel comfortable.  Grinding mobs has never been a point of measure for this new group, only time.  And 1.5 months is still firmly in the "noob" category and we're quite comfortable with that.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Error wrote:

Dude what are you smoking? Either you're talking bullshit or you (and your corp) is the only one using/knowing of this exploit(?). I've hunted Observers since i started playing ... and it happened only 2 times that another GO spawned the moment i killed one. One more ... not 5, not 20! Hardly a broken mechanic. Have a look at the prices for GO kernels ... higher than ever before. Obviously the market isn't flooded with them.
Do i have to remind you that it was easier to farm them in past? Hint: fixed spawning and artifact scanning mechanisms in terms of observers.

Oh CIR has its research already completed ?? Of course AC should take observers out of game now. CIR = happy = all happy? No.

Afraid of large gangs coming for you in T4 fitted Mechs soon?

Butthurt much? Yeah ok nothing out of the ordinary is happening this is CIR attempt to get Observers removed from game. Please get fing real and take the tinfoil hat off, it's making you look as stupid as you sound. roll

And post with your main you coward. And if you ever happen to actually sack up we will welcome your T4 fitted mechs with open arms.

so..  undocking timers get implemented.. but no dev knows how or why "we havnt changed anything"

observers and caravans are respawning and appear to be buffed... no dev knows how or why.. "we havnt changed anything"

With respect, Devs are clearly applying patches which implement changes that are going undocumented, or at least someone in the organisation is, is there anyone in charge there?

Doesnt really inspire confidence in those users who might be considering investing a considerable portion of their time, effort and money into this product does it?

Personally I like the chaos that these changes have caused, but reading experiences from people in general its clearly causing some major emotional distress, what angers me is the silence and lack of communication.

It took CCP 7 years to realise that actually, talking to their customers really does help, especially when things go wrong!  I  Just hope it doesnt take 7 years for Avatar Creations to realise this too.

<- i mad

19 (edited by Predator Nova 2011-08-08 12:41:22)

According to GM convo I just had Devs are aware and working on it.

It is not just the observers. Same things are appening with every caravan actually.
It is confirmed on Shinjalar and Alsbale, so probably a server wide issue and not just a CIR special effect !!

21 (edited by Norrdec 2011-08-08 12:44:52)

I think this time someone DIDN'T forget to add/update his SVN folder. Nope, this time he added some that shouldn't be there tongue

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

22 (edited by Syndic 2011-08-08 12:46:46)

It's always a CIR special effect. The moment the ADD crowd sees those CIR tags, the butthurt level reaches implosion-levels...

Ah well, forget I said anything. I'll just keep killing this Pelistal Superior Observer, for the 17th time... Should get a good 100 kernels by tonight. Gonna be hilarious when new tech gets added in-game. ZOOM! lol

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

It's always a CIR special effect. The moment the ADD crowd sees those CIR tags, the butthurt level reaches implosion-levels...

Ah well, forget I said anything. I'll just keep killing this Pelistal Superior Observer, for the 17th time... Should get a good 100 kernels by tonight. Gonna be hilarious when new tech gets added in-game. ZOOM! lol

u no fun

There its  a issue with all caravans, no just observers true. What i didnt know its that theres alrrdy 1 or more corp exploiting this thing. Gratz¿^^
lol

Predator Nova wrote:

Butthurt much? Yeah ok nothing out of the ordinary is happening this is CIR attempt to get Observers removed from game. Please get fing real and take the tinfoil hat off, it's making you look as stupid as you sound. roll

And post with your main you coward. And if you ever happen to actually sack up we will welcome your T4 fitted mechs with open arms.

No you mean quite the opposite, don't you? Look at my pic ... it's making you sound as stupid as you look" is more accurate.
What do you mean by posting with your main? I fear sorry for your paranoia:(
Btw it's more about your (corp) ridiculous argumentation why observer spawns should be fixed.

Error wrote:

No you mean quite the opposite, don't you? Look at my pic ... it's making you sound as stupid as you look" is more accurate.
What do you mean by posting with your main? I fear sorry for your paranoia:(
Btw it's more about your (corp) ridiculous argumentation why observer spawns should be fixed.

It's ridiculous now to want broken observer spawns to be fixed? Read up please, multiple people have reported this and I have spoken to a GM who said Devs are aware and fixing it.

There is no CIR conspiracy no matter how hard you wish for it, but yeah I'm the paranoid one. lol