Topic: Assignment difficulty needs attention

When getting started, general drone killing and level one combat assignments are very balanced with entry skills and entry bots.

However

What is up with level 2 assignments?

You go to your first assault bot, have modest skills (2-3 weeks in) not committed to a group so you are going solo and you first combat assignment has:
3 ECM bots
Neuts and
they can slow you to a crawl?

With that you don't get jack all for drops and the reward for the assignment is very low in respect to the difficulty of the tasks.

Drop the EWAR on level 2 missions to random single at most ewar mods and get the rewards up.  Level 2 assignments are not even worth risking your bot on.

With that you have travel from the secondary outposts way too far.

I was so frustrated to think I was striking out on my own away from the total Noob outpost only to see it was a total waste of time to do so and a DRASTIC drop on return per time spent.  Very broken.

~Takeo~

Re: Assignment difficulty needs attention

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … er-part-1/

bogpost ftw!

and i'm also 100% sure the forums search would find an existing topic with DEV answer...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator....you rock, ty for the link.

Looks like the think tank has it covered, just consider this some more "squeak" until the wheel gets greased!

Was not sure how to navigate the forums or the blog...and well just signing up for my first month, I wasn't willing to sift through a years worth of ideas to see if this idea was in the works.

Since I had just spent 2 hrs trying to keep one target locked in a level 2 assignment, and then realize I got jack for doing so, it was time to vent. yikes

Thanks for the direction!

~Takeo~

Takeo Prime wrote:

Annihilator....you rock, ty for the link.

Looks like the think tank has it covered, just consider this some more "squeak" until the wheel gets greased!

Was not sure how to navigate the forums or the blog...and well just signing up for my first month, I wasn't willing to sift through a years worth of ideas to see if this idea was in the works.

Since I had just spent 2 hrs trying to keep one target locked in a level 2 assignment, and then realize I got jack for doing so, it was time to vent. yikes

Thanks for the direction!

~Takeo~

Skip the assignments for now, come out to Shinj and message me. I'll hook you up with some decent ratting spots where you can farm without too much effort and make decent nic doing so. Once the spawns are fixed, go back to missioning and enjoy the change!

each patch since that blog did remove a bit of those EWAR NPCs from alpha1.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear